In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

susie

matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
how many strands of wire can be broke or frayed on the rope on a crane and you can still make the hoist[?]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    How are things going today. Heard anything new. Prayers sent again. David
  • Options
    edited November -1
    beatdeadhorse.gif

I'm sorry. I feel the same way. However, I have seen firsthand what will not be done.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How did ya'lls deer season come out?
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Are you and the family settled in an enjoying the hype? [:D] This should be a good one!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The BDU's arrived today. I left your feedback.

They were in real nice shape. THANKS!
    If you clean your hubbies closet again, let us know. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I like your sig line. Too bad thats 1/2 the reason I come here every day. Okay, so more like 3/4 the reason. Alright it is the reason.[;)][:D]

BTW, how many rolls ya up to now? And how did you do deer hunting this year?
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hilarious! I saw a few, but came up empty. They were skittish, hiding in brush and not moving much during daylight hours. Full moon was coming so they were moving at twilight/evening times. Also, there was a scarcity of hunters in the woods this year and I believe that kept them from moving as much as past years.

Now the funny/amazing part:

Lunchtime the last day I hunted my brother picked me up in his Chevy HD and we headed back to camp. We spot three deer, two ran to the left one back to the right. He can see one standing off in the woods and brings out his trusty 30-30. He pulls the trigger and I see a deer jump to the left and holler left, left, she's swinging right, there she goes. He spots her but can't get a second shot.

He looks at me and says, "I see legs kicking in the leaves." I tell him to go check it out and I will head into the woods on the right to see if the third deer is out there circling back. No luck for me, but when I get back to the truck he has dragged a small button buck to the road and thrown it into the back of the Chevy.

As we head on back to camp he says, I didn't see him. All he could see was the doe that had been standing there that ran off when he shot at her. That is why he was amazed to see legs kicking in the leaves after she ran off. All we could figure was they had stopped dead up against each other when they crossed the road and since he was smaller than her he faded into her outline.

What we couldn't figure was how he had not wounded her since the shot went through the buck's shoulder blades and exited. Brother said he searched the surrounding area for blood but couldn't find any.

Assuming that it was a mother and two of her young 'uns, after we skinned and quartered the button we went back to the same area that afternoon. Our thinking was she might circle back looking for the button and the one that went back to the right. Also, they had worn a small path through the woods in that area so we might just see another one.

That evening I come out to the road to wait for my ride to appear when Brother steps out of the woods and asks me to wait for him to get the truck because he has a doe to load. Unbelievable but when he dropped further down into the woods that afternoon about 100 yards further in he found blood, trailed and found the doe. His shot had hit her as well. She had not bled much externally so there was no blood trail in the immediate area. It went through her rib cage and collapsed her lungs.

So, Brother killed two deer, one shot, one bullet with his trusty 30-30 and I got backstrap!!! Oh, plus a ham, two shoulders and a neck roast. [:p]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Great story Susie!! Glad U hit paydirt, weather U did the shooting or not!!