In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

No fishing today

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Took Sandy up to the fishing bardge to do a little fishing, and old man Rivers (not his real name but what he wants to be called) was up there and drunk as usual. Raising heck and spewing the "F" bomb on every other word, so we just left. Too hot to fish from the bank in the middle of the day, so we'll just wait for another day.[:(]

Comments

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
    edited November -1
    The barge is still there? Dang, I used to fish off it when I was a kid.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    The barge is still there? Dang, I used to fish off it when I was a kid.

Yep, and hasn't changed much. They have made all of the area around it into park and recreational areas. The best thing is, it's airconditioned and heated now.[;)]
  • Options
    300rumgun300rumgun Member Posts: 437 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it the Lewisville barge? I spent many many days out there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 300rumgun
    Is it the Lewisville barge? I spent many many days out there.

Yep, that's the one.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow, Is old man river Bill or Dale? They were the ones that worked during the day. That was my haunt in like 01-02
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow, Is old man river Bill or Dale? They were the ones that worked during the day. That was my haunt in like 01-02

He doesn't work there, he just comes up there and runs everyone off because no one can stand to be around him.. I knew his name at one time, but I can't recall it now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I never caught a thing at that barge.

BTW, the management and/or the police could make the place a little more pleasant by ejecting the foul-mouthed lout.

Did you not speak to the manager on duty? He might like to know that two paying customers went elsewhere because his place was a hostile environment.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I never caught a thing at that barge.

BTW, the management and/or the police could make the place a little more pleasant by ejecting the foul-mouthed lout.

Did you not speak to the manager on duty? He might like to know that two paying customers went elsewhere because his place was a hostile environment.

If you complain, they will kick him out or at least get him to straighten up for a little while.

I'm just not really bent that way. He was there first and it's a free country, I just choose not to listen to his crap and foul mouth.

Every time I'm there and he's there first, I just move on. If I'm there first, I'll have them do something with him. He too is a paying customer.

The fishing there is either great or dead, no real in betweens.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He is in a public place, using obscene, profane language. That is Disorderly Conduct. Paying customer or not, he is keeping other paying customers from using the facility.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He is in a public place, using obscene, profane language. That is Disorderly Conduct. Paying customer or not, he is keeping other paying customers from using the facility.

True, but these days I just take care of myself and figure the police have bigger fish to fry, and if the owners wanted to do something about it, they would have before I arrived.

I'm easier to get along with in my old age![}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did they ever put any money into it? It was pretty rough back ten years ago. The bathrooms could of made a maggot puke.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did they ever put any money into it? It was pretty rough back ten years ago. The bathrooms could of made a maggot puke.

Not much, but they did do some cleanup and a little improvements. The bathrooms are better, but you still would rather wait until you get home.
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a shame. My buddy and I went out to fish Point of Rocks on the Potomac a while ago, beautiful smallmouth water. We got there and the illegals were bathing in the river and camping on the shore. Sort of a turn-off.
  • Options
    Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Havent fished the barge in 10 yrs. I've always wondered why there aren't more places like that around DFW, seemed like out in West Texas every lake had a "crappie house" or 2 to fish out of. Spent a lot of my youth in the ones on Lake Spence and Oak Creek Lake.