In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Browning 1911-22

sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
anybody have any idea what they are going to be selling for. It looks neat but I wish they had built it full size .
browning.bmp.jpg

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    yeah, looks great, just needs a lanyard loop to recreate the WWII M1911A1 look.

I might have to get one[:)]
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I have got to get one of those. Do you have any information if they are currently available. and who has them in stock[?][?][?]
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    here is where I stole the pic but what made me look is they are supposed to be listing the one from the shot show on the auction side in a day or 2. They say it will be 100% American made too [:D]
    http://www.ammoland.com/2010/11/23/browning-1911-22-lr-pistol/
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    ,,,,,,$599.00 RETAIL,,,,,,,due out 1st quarter 2011,,,,,[:p]
    Which probably means June or July.
  • Options
    bartman45bartman45 Member Posts: 3,008 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try a Colt Service Model Ace, and it's all steel. [8D]
  • Options
    Old.22BoltsOld.22Bolts Member Posts: 6,032
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bartman45

Like this one...[V]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=208564926
  • Options
    RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1

Hard to cut notches in those steel grips.
  • Options
    bartman45bartman45 Member Posts: 3,008 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RtWngExtrmst

Hard to cut notches in those steel grips.

Just need the right blade on your Sawzall....wait, you're right, just checked, mine does have wood grips....[:D]
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by southgeorgiaivory

Like this one...[V]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=208564926

there is a little difference in price, besides, if it's just a .22 who cares if it's all steel? it could be made of high density plastic and manage the pressures/recoil just fine as long as the barrel was steel.
    I could never figure the point of the SMA other than very early training (probably before live ammo is use at all)
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now I have to go edit in that what do you want to add thread
  • Options
    kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Morgan, UT --(Ammoland.com)- In celebration of the 100th anniversary of the classic 1911 pistol designed by John M. Browning, Browning is pleased to introduce a scaled-down, 22 L.R. version of this great firearm for 2011.

The new pistol is almost an exact replica of the original 1911, just smaller.
    The new Browning 1911-22 is proudly made in the USA. Guns shipped in 2011 will include a special first year of production collector's certificate plus a free limited edition commemorative canvas and leather zippered pistol case.

So; How much smaller?
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kissgoodnight
    quote:Morgan, UT --(Ammoland.com)- In celebration of the 100th anniversary of the classic 1911 pistol designed by John M. Browning, Browning is pleased to introduce a scaled-down, 22 L.R. version of this great firearm for 2011.

The new pistol is almost an exact replica of the original 1911, just smaller.
    The new Browning 1911-22 is proudly made in the USA. Guns shipped in 2011 will include a special first year of production collector's certificate plus a free limited edition commemorative canvas and leather zippered pistol case.

So; How much smaller?

.45 - .22 = .23 [;)]
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So; How much smaller?
    [/quote]

23. Don
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Got service models as well as original ACE with no floating chamber Karts days Marval and GSG. DONT want a CHIPPA I just want one of the Brownings reminds me of a Bear-Cat in relationship Black Hawk. I just hope slide is not aluminum with what looks like a steel insert held in place by Cross pins as what it looks like in Picture. Aluminum slide on aluminum frame[V][:(]very short Life span[:(]
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Got service models as well as original ACE with no floating chamber Karts days Marval and GSG. DONT want a CHIPPA I just want one of the Brownings reminds me of a Bear-Cat in relationship Black Hawk. I just hope slide is not aluminum with what looks like a steel insert held in place by Cross pins as what it looks like in Picture. Aluminum slide on aluminum frame[V][:(]very short Life span[:(]

thats exactly what it is...it would probably still hold up to .22 LR but who cares?. I totally agree with the Bearcat comparison.
    I doubt this was meant to shoot at all and it makes me wonder why Browning doesn't build a regular 1911 from John M's original design. certainly, the patent is expired by now? Did Browning make a deal that he would never build his own when he sold the patent to Colt?
    The 22 versions of many guns seem to be the rage these days from Ar-15's, Sigs 556 and even 1918's (yeah I saw one at a gun show)
    I guess it isn't new I have a colt peacemaker and a new frontier in .22/22mag.