In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

draft beer

slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
whelp, I converted my mini-frig to a kegerator (2 taps) and have kegged my first batch of beer, a cream ale. Boy is it good!

I'll never bottle a damn beer again!

So who else here has a home draft beer system?

Comments

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a Beermeister from a friend years ago. If it wasn't for the cost savings in buying kegs, I probably would have to work a second job as a WalMart greeter!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My pappy has been looking for ideas to do the same thing. Don't understand why he wants a keg system, since he and ma split one beer around dinner time most evenings. Care to give up any secrets? Container? Piping system? Co2?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by stubnoid
    My pappy has been looking for ideas to do the same thing. Don't understand why he wants a keg system, since he and ma split one beer around dinner time most evenings. Care to give up any secrets? Container? Piping system? Co2?

Oster Conversion!
  • Options
    Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slipgate
    quote:Originally posted by stubnoid

Oster Conversion!

I'll pass it along. Thanks!
  • Options
    kindofsuddenkindofsudden Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All forced carbonation here. Got Michelob, a home brew, and Bell's Two Hearted Ale on tap.
  • Options
    thebigsdthebigsd Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How much does it cost to start something up like that at home? How hard it it to make? Sounds like fun to me.
  • Options
    Spc FergusonSpc Ferguson Member Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thebigsd
    How much does it cost to start something up like that at home? How hard it it to make? Sounds like fun to me.

i totally agree squad leader bought a kegerator and its waiting for him at his house.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thebigsd

Not much at all. A basic Homebrew kit with everything you need to make a batch is around $100-$150. You really just need a siphon, large bucket with lid (6 gallons), fermentation lock and a large pot (3 gallons).

Takes a few hours to make the beer, then a week or so in the bucket, then a few hours to bottle it or a few minutes to keg it.

The Kegerator cost me about $600 to build. Of course, you can bottle for free if you reuse old bottles and caps are next to nothing. A capper is around $25.

Beer kits are around $20-$40 each. They make 5-6 gallons of finished product.

http://www.beer-wine.com/category_page.asp?categoryID=1&sectionID=1
    http://ashevillebrewers.com/