In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

COPS TV SHOW

EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Have you ever watched one of the officers on the tv show Cops try to unload a suspects weapon ? One evening I saw a officer trying to unload a single action revolver.All the bullets wound up on the ground.Tonight one was taking bullets out of a AR15 magazine, and exclaims with excitement in his voice that they are deadly hollow points.At one point a officer called the AR15 a machinegun. Duh!
EvilDr235

Comments

• Options
    EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why on every Cops TV show the first words out of the officers mouth is do you have any weapons or drugs in the car? They ask the same thing when they want to enter someones home.Is this the standard greetings officers use nowadays? And why are all the people they have on the show look like hillbillys or the scum of the earth? Don't they ever stop white coller types driving expense cars or entering a home in a exclusive neighborhood? For once I would like to see them drag a Kennedy out of their car or some big Holleyweird type.I am so sick of this crap.Ya wanna step out of the car Babs so we can search you and your car for weapons and drugs.And justice for all.
    Dr.Evil
  • Options
    Dakota308Dakota308 Member Posts: 4,162
    edited November -1
    tecnically speaking all guns are machines except for cannons or weapons which use a wick
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately a lot of officers these days have never held a weapon until they attend their respective academies and most of their knowledge before hand comes from television and movies.
  • Options
    ZebraZebra Member Posts: 5,762
    edited November -1
    I saw it earlier this evening, looked like a scene from Jerry Springer and the meth head trailer park folks beating on female bar patrons and waving an AR-15 at the bars bouncer. It was comical! [:D]
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EVILDR235
    One evening I saw a officer trying to unload a single action revolver.All the bullets wound up on the ground.

Tonight one was taking bullets out of a AR15 magazine,Either they were disassembling ammunition or you just pulled a big ol' * while hoo-rahing other's lack of knowledge and use of incorrect terminology. [:D]
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EVILDR235
    Have you ever watched one of the officers on the tv show Cops try to unload a suspects weapon ? One evening I saw a officer trying to unload a single action revolver.All the bullets wound up on the ground.Tonight one was taking bullets out of a AR15 magazine, and exclaims with excitement in his voice that they are deadly hollow points.At one point a officer called the AR15 a machinegun. Duh!
    EvilDr235

I watched that same episode. The cop said the Bushmaster was "just like his" and called it an "automatic rifle", which it wasn't, and he called the ammo "hollow points", which they weren't.
  • Options
    Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I think you find the lack of firearms knowledge more with bigger city cops. They have not been around firearms growing up sadly.

My Fire Department helped the Cops remove LOTS of guns and THOUSANDS of rounds of ammo from a house that the owner was being arrested for pointing an unloaded shotgun at tree cutters that where removing some trees for the power company in his yard. They didn't want to leave the stuff in the house without anyone going to be living there for sometime. They where going to be trying to have him committed. His family got all of the stuff back after the serial numbers where check, everything came back OK.

We formed a line and just passed everything out to be photographed and loaded in a truck and trailer, we used blankets to protect them. I ended up at the end of the line helping the ATF guy clear them and the City detective take pictures. Out of a few hundred guns I could not clear 2.

I was drooling over some of them and the CASES of .223 and .308.
  • Options
    toolsforfoolstoolsforfools Member Posts: 1,285 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bad boy Bad boys what you gona do when we do'nt know what where shootin at you !!!!! Come on sing along[:D][:D] Do'nt get mad LEO's just kidding.
  • Options
    chiligunguychiligunguy Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My family was watching cops one night and one of the calls they went on was a complaint about a bird. I noticed a guy talking to one of the cops and realized he was a former neighbor in Texas when my wife and I lived there, funny as hell!!
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    I feel sorry for some of the perps on COPS. They show some of them stopping people for doing 5 miles over the limit just to get on TV. A boring night will not get these guys on the tube, so they need to make things as dramatic as possible.