In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Had to let a big fish go this afternoon

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in General Discussion
I was on my motorcycle today and met my wife and kids at 5 year old soccer practice after work.

We left soccer practice, and wound up side by side at a light. I was revving my engine to get my boys excited as they had the windows down. The light turns green and I scoot away from them. I was unaware behind me was a Dodge HellCat. The real deal, 700 horsepower in that bright green and as I pulled away from my wife he passed her and next thing you know we're side by side waiting out a red light on a perfectly straight, empty 5 lane wide road.

Much to his disappointment when the light dropped I did not provide any evidence if he had gotten his moneys worth for his car, but my wife & boys were right behind me.

Then he wanted to do a roll-on from about 40mph (the speed limit) and again I did not oblige him.

Normally it would be pretty tough to pass on an opportunity like that to show the difference between a 1200cc sport bike and a car...
2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-manual-test-review-car-and-driver-photo-643500-s-original.jpg

Comments

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    so you wussed out [:D]

that car can do 9's 1/4 with drag radials
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,998 ******
    edited November -1
    Is that Select Fire???[:0][:0][:0]
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would love to have one but last I seen, the starting price was north of 70k

quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

Well I have ran 10:30 @131mph in as I ride every day configuration (complete withe mr. 9mm onboard). So we may just have had a race on our hands. It's a small town, I'll find him again...
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    city streets huh? okayyyyyy....
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might have smoked him on a tight road course. Straight line? Not so much.

Eons ago Car and Driver pitted a Viper against a Suzuki street bike (and not a GSXR much to the dismay of the bike crowd). The rag claimed the Viper beat the bike. In the end the Viper died. As many a bike riding reader wrote, "The bike won. We Killed The Car!" I had to agree.

Glad you are impressed with the Hellcat. I know the guy that designed the crankshaft for that beast.