In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

On that note here's mud!

KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
Met some guys in another truck while I was down fishing night before last and they asked me if I wanted to go play in some mud. Had a complete blast and had to pull their Chevy out a few times. My truck with that 5.9 turned out to be a mud eatin machine! We went through some pretty deep nasty stuff.

P1010582.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Glock23ExpertGlock23Expert Member Posts: 1,031 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Judging by that pic, how deep? Bottom of the axles?
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like fun!
  • Options
    brandon_brandon_ Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    looks good! mud rules.

mud05050002.jpg?t=1222805754
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    Can still see that it's white. Come back when you've really eaten some mud ;-)
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brandon_
    looks good! mud rules.

mud05050002.jpg?t=1222805754

That's more like it!!!!
  • Options
    crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
    edited November -1
    Funny how grown ups are so much like kids when it comes to mud... So far I have taught a few young toddlers the key ingredients to making mud and have not yet been caught. [}:)]
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Only mud around here is at the bottom of my pond.[V]

Still got about 4 feet of water,so I guess I'd better wait.[:D]

BW(the dry)
  • Options
    spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BOBBYWINS
    Only mud around here is at the bottom of my pond.[V]

Still got about 4 feet of water,so I guess I'd better wait.[:D]

BW(the dry)
    Snorkel!![;)]
  • Options
    KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Glock23Expert
    Judging by that pic, how deep? Bottom of the axles?

Not quite sure. Didn't want to get out and step in the goo to see, but it was deeper and souper then I'd normally do alone. For the first time I had another truck that could pull me out so I went through everything we ran across. Ended up having to pull his chevy out a few times.
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brandon
    What is your setup on the Cherokee?

I am running a 3" lift, 7:00x15 Co-Op tires with Rock Crawler rims, Pro Comp 9000 shocks and lockers. Stock 4.0 FI and an Auto 4 speed trans.
    Did away with the torsion bars, built a box channel rear bumper and will soon do the same to the front, Got rid of the fender flares and will soon chop the fender wells out for more clearance. After that I plan to cut off and make a set of rear shock mounts to get them equal with or above the rear axle. Never did like how they stick down so far. For they have hung me up on rocks and logs more than any mud hole ever has.

A pic after I had it for about a week and had started trimming the flares.

lilred1.jpg

I love the older Cherokees and we have a lot of fun bouncing around the woods in them.
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LesWVa
    Brandon
    What is your setup on the Cherokee?

I am running a 3" lift, 7:00x15 Co-Op tires with Rock Crawler rims, Pro Comp 9000 shocks and lockers. Stock 4.0 FI and an Auto 4 speed trans.
    Did away with the torsion bars, built a box channel rear bumper and will soon do the same to the front, Got rid of the fender flares and will soon chop the fender wells out for more clearance. After that I plan to cut off and make a set of rear shock mounts to get them equal with or above the rear axle. Never did like how they stick down so far. For they have hung me up on rocks and logs more than any mud hole ever has.

A pic after I had it for about a week and had started trimming the flares.

lilred1.jpg

I love the older Cherokees and we have a lot of fun bouncing around the woods in them.

Not enough mud. Take it out again.