In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

By Golly there is Justice for Crack Heads !!

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2006 in General Discussion
Man Attacked By Gator After Smoking Crack

Lakeland, Florida (WTSP-TV) - A Polk City man is in critical condition after being attacked by an alligator early Wednesday morning.

Officials say the man had been smoking crack cocaine and was naked when he walked into a swampy area of Lake Parker in Polk County around 4 AM. While walking through the water, an alligator believed to be about 12 feet in length attacked the man. Authorities say the victim, identified as 45-year-old Adrian Apgar, then started screaming for help.

A short time later, three deputies and a Sgt. from the Polk County Sheriff's office arrived on the scene. Within seconds, the men started walking through the swampy area looking for the victim.

"When I first saw him (Apgar), he was crouched down, you could tell the alligator had him by the arms," says Billy Osborne, a Polk County Deputy.

Eventually the men were able to get Apgar from the alligator and pull him to shore.

"I would be lying if I didn't say I was somewhat scared," says Michael Parker, one of the other deputies who responded.

Apgar was taken to a local hospital and according to the sheriff is in critical condition. Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd says Apgar has a broken right arm, a partially amputated left arm and major trauma to his left leg and rear.

"I asked the deputies how big do you thing the alligator was?" say Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd. "They said 'about the size of a school bus."

About 10 hours after the attack, professional trappers removed an alligator from the lake that measured almost 12 feet in length. Officials believe it's the gator that attacked Apgar. According to a Florida Fish and Wildlife spokesperson, the alligator will be destroyed.

Comments