In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

i need a job

2»

Comments

• Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What happened to your rocket powered "glider"? I figured you were going to be the next Howard Hughes.
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    Why don't you have a license? How do you expect to get to work?
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My daughter says the mines are doing well over by Logan.
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How far is Fayetteville or Beckley from you? As stated earlier, the economy there is becoming more and more based on visitors. Both recreation and retirement folks. My wife's family lives in that area and the economy still seems pretty good there. You may have to travel but you should be able to find something.

Good luck with your search.
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    GotteskriegerGotteskrieger Member Posts: 3,170 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aren't you in Rainelle?
  • Options
    Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    www.metrarail.com

If you and your wife are willing to relocate to IL. you need college or military and your first year is guarenteed to be a 52,800 if you dont work. If you work it can be as high as 75k for your first year. I know a guy who has been there 3 years and he made 93 and had 3 weeks off. It goes up every year after that.
  • Options
    minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    If you can get down to the Beckley area check out the environmental labs there. I know Analabs and REIC both have facility's there. I seem to remember a coal analysis lab near Summersville too.

Reic is an especially good employer,if it's still headed up by the guy who started it.

You don't actually need a fancy degree to draw samples just an ability to follow procedures. They also need strong backs to move samples in and out.

Man there's gotta be something near you.

Oh check on a temporary driving permit. WV used to have a setup where someone with a little 'pull' could qualify for a 'hardship' license used only to get to and from work. IIRC this resulted in some multiple DUI 'winners' being allowed to drive. The fact that it's an Ohio charge may help here too.
    (can't hurt,the worst they can do is laugh at you)

Good luck

Allen
  • Options
    shamtasticshamtastic Member Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Army is hiring.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you tried Debt-collecting? I bet that's a growth industry right now.