In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Scientists catch and kill oldest living ANIMAL ...

zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
edited November 2007 in General Discussion
British marine biologists have found what may be the oldest living animal - that is, until they killed it. have any idea what it was?

Comments

• Options
    flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
  • Options
    spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They didn't kill another clam, did they?
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    400 y/o clam? Did they kill another one?
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    It's my understanding that the clam was found to be a non-believer in Al Gores Global Warming theory and had threatened to blow the lid off the scam.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Poor b-a$tard. I hope they put it in a jar of formaldehyde.
  • Options
    tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    Poor b-a$tard. I hope they put it in a jar of formaldehyde.

Screw that make them eat it!!!
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Survived 400 years until THE MAN came to town!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    --
    -Oh well! Se la vie!

They probably made chowder out of it.
  • Options
    shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wolf.
    --
    -Oh well! Se la vie!

They probably made chowder out of it.

Non non, C'est le mort.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SCIENTISTS are slime. I hate scientists. yep. I'm one. but I hate them. I became a scientist because I like science. UNfortunately, I found out too late what horrid creatures they all are. spineless, backstabbing, conniving filth. that's why I can't get a JOB as a SCIENTIST because I'm not slime like them.

I spent years and years searching for a scientific job, and was met with interview after interview with scumbuckets. I sure could tell y'all some stories. I thought, my gawd, are they all like this? yep, they were.

I wondered, what about all the scientists portrayed in the media? movies, books, etc etc they weren't slimeballs, where are the good ones?? (I haven't met any) when observing that, I noticed that Watson and Crick, the guys that figured out DNA, were awfully popular among scientists. they're like rock stars. when you mention their name, everybody fawns over them. I began to wonder, were these real life scientists scum sucking invertebrae like all the rest I met?

lo and behold, the other week there was an interview with Dr. Watson on NPR (which I'm forced to listen to at work, go figure) to my horror, he was, indeed, a scum sucking invertebrate. loathsome. stomach churning. cross Jabba the Hutt with animated sewage, and you get his brain. I can't imagine what he actually looks like in person.

also, he was saying that once you've reached your early 30's, you're over with as a scientist. he said that if you're in your middle age, you shouldn't still be doing science unless you "were" brilliant. (the interviewer went right along with him, approvingly) then somebody calls up and asks how that could be possible, when older people are more experienced, and actually aren't any less smart. the interviewer (two faced vulture that he was) then turned on him, and quite pointedly said yeah, what's up with that? he said "uuhh, huuh huuhh, they're more fun to watch". what a moron. I always thought that was a bs line corporate employers use because they really just want to use younger and dumber people so they can pay them less, work them harder, and punk them around. I always did see time after time that's what they want, is bitches. that's right, they don't want somebody who is smart or hard working or experienced, they're looking to hire a new *. it's unbelievable. and now I think I just heard it croaked from the toad's mouth.

so, the next week he goes to give a speech at Cambridge, but before he does that he says that Africans can't be as smart as Europeans because they're genetically inferior. they cancelled it.

when they find a 400 year old clam, which happens to be the oldest living creature on earth, it's no surprise to me that they killed it. they don't care, they're idiots.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    if it could speak and tell lies, manipulate people, and suck grant money from the government, they wouldn't have killed it because they would have thought they really found something.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    SCIENTISTS are slime. I hate scientists. yep. I'm one. but I hate them. I became a scientist because I like science. UNfortunately, I found out too late what horrid creatures they all are. spineless, backstabbing, conniving filth. that's why I can't get a JOB as a SCIENTIST because I'm not slime like them.

I spent years and years searching for a scientific job, and was met with interview after interview with scumbuckets. I sure could tell y'all some stories. I thought, my gawd, are they all like this? yep, they were.

I wondered, what about all the scientists portrayed in the media? movies, books, etc etc they weren't slimeballs, where are the good ones?? (I haven't met any) when observing that, I noticed that Watson and Crick, the guys that figured out DNA, were awfully popular among scientists. they're like rock stars. when you mention their name, everybody fawns over them. I began to wonder, were these real life scientists scum sucking invertebrae like all the rest I met?

lo and behold, the other week there was an interview with Dr. Watson on NPR (which I'm forced to listen to at work, go figure) to my horror, he was, indeed, a scum sucking invertebrate. loathsome. stomach churning. cross Jabba the Hutt with animated sewage, and you get his brain. I can't imagine what he actually looks like in person.

also, he was saying that once you've reached your early 30's, you're over with as a scientist. he said that if you're in your middle age, you shouldn't still be doing science unless you "were" brilliant. (the interviewer went right along with him, approvingly) then somebody calls up and asks how that could be possible, when older people are more experienced, and actually aren't any less smart. the interviewer (two faced vulture that he was) then turned on him, and quite pointedly said yeah, what's up with that? he said "uuhh, huuh huuhh, they're more fun to watch". what a moron. I always thought that was a bs line corporate employers use because they really just want to use younger and dumber people so they can pay them less, work them harder, and punk them around. I always did see time after time that's what they want, is bitches. that's right, they don't want somebody who is smart or hard working or experienced, they're looking to hire a new *. it's unbelievable. and now I think I just heard it croaked from the toad's mouth.

so, the next week he goes to give a speech at Cambridge, but before he does that he says that Africans can't be as smart as Europeans because they're genetically inferior. they cancelled it.

when they find a 400 year old clam, which happens to be the oldest living creature on earth, it's no surprise to me that they killed it. they don't care, they're idiots.

Guessed you wrong. I always guess you to be more the mechanical engineer type.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    you weren't far off. I think I'm going to try that next.