In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

3 months till hunting

scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
edited June 2006 in General Discussion
actually I can start hunting grouse and pigion mid august....its been a long spring....5 weeks till opening of football preseason....I can almost smell fall in the air....pheasants will fly ...pheasants will die[:D]

Comments

• Options
    mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    i'd like to share the pheasant stir fry with ya t'nite ,but the girls munched it all..babyclothes022.jpg
    sillybilly027.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I still have some in the freezer...what the recipe? you lucky sot[:D]
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A peasies sighting around here are about as common as seeing a bigfoot. Not quite that bad, but from eight times out last year
    I bagged six. When I was a kid I'd get my limit of two most every day. [V]
  • Options
    mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    I still have some in the freezer...what the recipe? you lucky sot[:D]

just use ya imagination..chop & fry pheasant, add Thia sauce,(what ever ya fancy..red/green curry,ho sin & garlic) fry/simmer into meat, add chopped red/green/yellow peppers,chopped spring onion, add mixed italian herbs..throw what ever chopped/grated veg in..(carrot,cabbage,califlower)..cook on hot flame gas ..lightly..
    have good american boiled rice
    /fluffed with italian olive oil at ready..

put rice on hot plate..team on the stir fry..hey pesto!!

mmmmmmmmmmm wash down with cold real ale..[:D][:D] try it..
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish I could smell the fall air, but all I smell is diesel exhaust from the generators and hot sand in the air.

Send some of that fall air my way!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the kids are ready
    thepups036.jpg
    tazzy.jpg
    onpoint2-1.jpg
    I am ready
    hunterpreacher.jpg
    takeum.jpg

The birds are hatched
    rooster.jpg

Lets get it on[:D][:p][:)]
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    I wish I could smell the fall air, but all I smell is diesel exhaust from the generators and hot sand in the air.

Send some of that fall air my way!

Thank you for serving. Hang in there and all will be well. I really like your quote reagrding Nathan Hale.
    What's next?
  • Options
    almanacalmanac Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no offense, but there is always a hunting season. right now is the best time to call in coyotes, and their aggressiveness makes it even better. it sure breaks up the summer time blues. as for birds find a town or city that will let you catch a few pigeons from theie roof tops, plant in field, loose dogs and let it fly. happy hunting!