In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My little one not happy...

EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
Well my baby is not happy.

She had plans for the upcoming vacation time from school. Not sure just what all she had planned but those plans have gone away.

Yesterday was Dr day for her. One for the foot Doc and then the dentist. By the time we were done she just was not a happy camper.

Her new plans for Christmas break will include 3 surgeries. One will be reworking her jaw bone and removing the wisdom teeth. The other 2 will be separate surgeries on her feet.

The plan is, doing one foot. Then while that heals she will get the dental work done, just in time to have the other foot done before going back to school.

How does that sound for a fun filled time out of school. If I could I would trade places with her in a heartbeat.
Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,347 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear that Dave, but prayers for a good outcome.
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Tell her we wish her the best. I'll be praying for her and her doctors.
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers for her. My foot hurt for over 1 year i went to 1 podiatrist and he gave me 3 shots in my foot and then told me that he had to operate on me.

Well i changed doctors and got 3 more shots. He talked me into surgery and that was the best thing that ever happened in my life. I wish i did it way sooner.

Can i ask what her problems are. If you would rather not say thats ok.

What is wrong with her jawbone? I may have to have that surgery myself because radiation ate my jaw bone a little over 1/4 of it is gone. I have tinnitus like crazy and something is pinching a nerve in myneck by my jaw.

Prayers asked for you and yours. Take it from me i have been through hell with surgeries but being the caregiver is harder than being the sick one. God Bless

David
  • EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dav1965
    Prayers for her. My foot hurt for over 1 year i went to 1 podiatrist and he gave me 3 shots in my foot and then told me that he had to operate on me.

Well i changed doctors and got 3 more shots. He talked me into surgery and that was the best thing that ever happened in my life. I wish i did it way sooner.

Can i ask what her problems are. If you would rather not say thats ok.

What is wrong with her jawbone? I may have to have that surgery myself because radiation ate my jaw bone a little over 1/4 of it is gone. I have tinnitus like crazy and something is pinching a nerve in myneck by my jaw.

Prayers asked for you and yours. Take it from me i have been through hell with surgeries but being the caregiver is harder than being the sick one. God Bless

David

The feet both have bony tumors right on top in the center. They are caused by the foot flexing and twisting in the center. The feet look fine until she puts weight on them, then they go flat and the ankle rolls inwards. The Podiatrist said it is very odd to have the tumor on both feet let alone have them symmetrical. The plan is a small incision and grinding the bone down, with luck they wont grow back. She has had orthopedic inserts made for her shoes to keep the feet in proper position when she walks.

The jaw is due to TMJ problems and it has grown with a twist that is causing her teeth to clash when she closes her mouth. Removing the wisdom teeth and grinding some of the jaw will give her room so the teeth dont keep chipping. Not far down the road the jaw hinge will need work. They are trying to give that enough time to finish growing so it will just need done once.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear, Dave. Just about anything is better than doctor time, but the doctoring is best for the long run.

Our prayers are with her for a great outcome and a quick recovery.
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sincerely hope this inconvenience for her results in many happy years without suffering. I know even at my age it has been depressing to lose time due to illness when I want to enjoy the season with family, but looking back it was necessary so I could enjoy future good times. Pamper her and make the season one she will remember as positive. My best wishes to you and your family.