In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Front loading washers

crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Anyone here have them??

I bought a whirlpool duet washer and dryer at work the other day, they were clearance models, and advertised 10% off, then as an employee and a veteran I got another 20% off.. In all I saved about 800 bucks off the price at Lowes, over 1000 lower than sears..... Our washer and dryer aren't really getting the job done anymore so this was a hard deal to pass up...

BTW my fellow vets- if you shop at Lowes be aware that the vet discount is advertised on certain days, however we honor it year round if you ask...

Comments

• fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Remember to use the HE soap, or it'll foam up!![;)]
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by crash2usaf
    Anyone here have them??

I bought a whirlpool duet washer and dryer at work the other day, they were clearance models, and advertised 10% off, then as an employee and a veteran I got another 20% off.. In all I saved about 800 bucks off the price at Lowes, over 1000 lower than sears..... Our washer and dryer aren't really getting the job done anymore so this was a hard deal to pass up...

BTW my fellow vets- if you shop at Lowes be aware that the vet discount is advertised on certain days, however we honor it year round if you ask...

Yes we have a HE front load washer and we bought a regular dryer. the sales staff told us there is nothing more efficient about the high dollar dryers except they match the washer.

This washer is much more efficient than our old unit. My wife spends a great deal of time maintaining us 5 boys so nothing but the best for her to do her job. It is a good tool. and uses 1/4 of the detergent.
  • crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
    edited November -1
    We did not pay that much for the dryer... No more than a regular top loader.. And it is the dryer that is starting to act up. Looking forward to getting them home and taking em for a spin <--get it? and yes pun was intended..
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Anyone here have them??

Thanks for the tip...I've always preferred Lowes over Home Depot. I cannot stand Home Depot...99% of my business went to my local lumber yard though. Lowes just earned more of my business.
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    I have a VA medical card. Is that good enough for Lowe's? Thanks, Joe
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    We did not pay that much for the dryer... No more than a regular top loader.. And it is the dryer that is starting to act up. Looking forward to getting them home and taking em for a spin <--get it? and yes pun was intended..

Just a tip you may already be aware of: Keep your dryer exaust pipe as clean as possible. Be sure that there is no lint in the pipe and the pipe is as short and straight as possible, also be sure that the flap vent cover is fully operational and free of lint to keep your dryer efficient as possible.

I use Lowes also, I do not care for Home Cheapo.
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We've had the "Crosley" brand (made by/same as Maytag, but less expensive to buy) for a couple years now, no complaints at all.
  • slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    We have the Maytag Neptune series with the touchpad. Not bad, but it will be left with the house when we move.
  • penetraitorpenetraitor Member Posts: 3,870
    edited November -1
    Anything this work of art has to say should be, Blq Bla Blq Bla..

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=375814

Hes crashing USA as he says... so don't support the scrotum licker.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I have a front loader. Had it six years. It washes for three. Forgot the brand, Kenmore I think.

While I've never measured, they say it uses less soap.

While I've never measured, they say it uses less water.

While I've never measured, they say it uses less energy.

While I've never measured, they say it is easier on clothes.

No repairs - yet.

The clothes are clean.

I am happy...
  • wvduecewvduece Member Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    im not well enuf to shop at lowes here if i had to go there very often i would probally end up in jail [B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)]
  • xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    since you work at lowes,make sure the delivery boys take out the 4 shipping bolts in the back,tie down the discharge hose to the cold water hose with platic tie wrap,if your wife is tall,the pedestals are overpriced but well worth it,fyi...if anyone has a frididare(sp) washer 75% of the shipping bolts are left in the bottom...lowes #569
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    I'm on my second one. I have a Bosch now. My water bill dropped by about $7 a month...$84 per year...in a 10 year useful life, I figure it will pay for itself. Does a good job washing and is very quiet.
  • xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ripley16
    I'm on my second one. I have a Bosch now. My water bill dropped by about $7 a month...$84 per year...in a 10 year useful life, I figure it will pay for itself. Does a good job washing and is very quiet.
    thinking that brand is without a transmission,very quiet...
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Our front loaders get our cats the cleanest, although I have noticed them being more disoriented due to the washers high RPM's.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    Our front loaders get our cats the cleanest, although I have noticed them being more disoriented due to the washers high RPM's.

Got to keep that pu55y clean...
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you mix the color's and the whites?
  • glynglyn Member Posts: 5,698 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What calibre is it.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Can you mix the color's and the whites?
    Segregation is a few years off yet.
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had'em about five years or so. Work great, uses lot less water. Dittos on the HE. Mine are Kenmore. Wife loves them.