In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

glock

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,821 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in General Discussion
Is this possible?-(read it on a 1911 forum)

I like the 1911 so none of that is a cut . Now for a side story , A friend is a cop and he and his dept love the Glock. His one complaint was in a struggle (fight) a cop hit a bad guy with his Glock and the slide came off the frame . Now I wonder if a 1911 has ever been used to whack someone and the slide fell off ? I doubt it also.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just for kicks I am going to give away a real nice looking new GLOCK Patch.. will have to get picture made tomorrow as I aint going outside to the van to get it out tonight..Sign Up.. Its nice, believe me..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was just reading an article about a guy who bought a early gen 2 glock. he said it was his daily carry gun and he had put 30,000 rounds throught it. It was looking really beat to hell, so he sent it back to glock to have it refinished. He went on to say that it took less than a month, and when he got it back the only old parts on it were the barrel, slide and frame. they did all that for 60 dollars including the refinishing.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=13&t=44794

any one have any experiance with glock customer service? are they really that good?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I AM READING A BOOK WHERE THE HERO CARRIES A "NICKLE PLATED GLOCK40". I AM NOT SO MUCH A PISTOL GUY BUT I THOUGHT GLOCKS WERE ALL BUSINESS AND NON OF THAT BRIGHT SHINY CRAP.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do you love them or hate them? There's rarely a grey area, so let's hear it. Let the ARGUING BEGIN!!!...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Today marks the 35 anniversary of me not buying one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This topic is devoted exclusively to questions, answers and comments about GLOCK handguns. There are SO many GLOCK owners and so many non-owners who are interested in the GLOCK that there really should be one Forum devoted exclusively to them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Glock 17, and the storage containershows on the label that it contains 1Magazine, why did Glock do this, anddoes one magazine mean a 17 round, and commerial mean a 10 round mag.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Glock 32 vs. Glock 23.....
    Pros and Cons, any comments?
    I am interested cause im considering them both for concealed carry, and don't know which one to pick.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok I do not own one ( yet ) but my youngest son bought one a few months ago with a few upgrades.
    looked like something I wanted also [^]
    my side of the story I have been buying magazines ( the 33 round and 50 round drums and 17 round standard magazines I even bought a few more tonight on sale ) for a pistol I do not own [:I] working backwards but waiting on a good deal on a model 17 to come along I will have the magazines covered [:I][:I]
    I am sure I am not the only one who has done such , I have also bought ammo and then find a gun to fit it .. dang this gun thing is contagious [:D]
    I can see hording 9mm in my near future also
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just saw they have a Discount going for LE and Military. So I wanted to see what the discount was. Seems their web site is down for North America
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any experience with glock 22 vs glock 23?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hats, any one know where i can find a glock hat that looks like a fitted hat, all the ones out there look puffy on top, i want one that fits like my bass pro shop hat.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    dont buy aftermarket mags you will regret it

and 50 rounders are not pleasant to shoot, or keep on target
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the heads up
    the 50 rnd are more of a novelty I would not want to put the pistol thru its paces with them one right after another ( even though I know its a glock [:D][:D])
    but I figure at some point they will become a good trade item [}:)][;)][;)] the others I am doing my best to stick with factory mags

quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

• Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I keep buying magazines for 1911's I don't own yet.

Was buying colt 9mm and 40 S&W. I've since bought a colt 1991 in 9mm.

Now saving up for a colt 1911 in .40 S&W.

Think I need to save for awhile, those don't seem to be cheap.

Got the mags covered though.

Good luck in your quest for what you're after.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    33/50 rounders are nice with the carbine upper kit. I know more crap you don't need but kind a handy.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

I agree.

Jon
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd suggest popping on that Glock soon. You might see a price spike as we near election time and depending on who wins the prices will not come back down.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on your decision on the Glock 17.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    I'd suggest popping on that Glock soon. You might see a price spike as we near election time and depending on who wins the prices will not come back down.

Trump don't like Glocks???[:D]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RobOz

Nice to see you are so confident. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RobOz

Nice to see you are so confident. [;)]

The only thing I am confident in is "change"[:D] I think we are pretty much FUBR no matter which way the ball may bounce.
  • Options
    ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree completely on the aftermarket mags. Leave 'em lay, most are junk and will cause ya nothing but headaches.
    Recently we were able to purchase up to two G17's @ $159 each from the armory as they had been rotated out of service (Naturally, now the dept. is looking at going back to them.)The first one I got was well used but not in bad shape, the second was literally brand new. I know the house cat it was issued to and if that one was fired once a year that was a lot. For a buck fifty nine I couldn't pass 'em up.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my case you change trigger to a smooth one, add a NY1 trigger spring, a Ghost 3.5 lb. connector, an extended slide lock, a backstrap plug and a Cominoli safety. Still want to change sights. Other than the safety, everything was really cheap and drop in easy.
    A lot of people sand the finger grooves off and undercut the trigger guard especially on Gen 4s. I don't like the finger grooves myself, wish they weren't there but haven't taken that extreme step as yet.
    Purists will say "why not buy a gun you don't have to mess with?" Blah, blah, blah.
    Because I want to. I like the simplicity of the GlOcK. I like the capacity. (I have a Gen 4 19) I like that I can change parts with little or no fitting (I have had many Colt 1911s, and built them up from parts, it takes time and careful fitting) and really at low cost. Magazines are everywhere and very reasonable.
    I have a Sig P7 that I love. But I changed to Wolff springs, added a short trigger, and better sights. It was not cheap, magazines are very high (just ask Joe), and it only holds 8 rounds. It also is not uncomplicated to disassemble and do all these things. Besides some small parts can get lost and disable the gun.
    Not a problem with the Glock. Disassemble in a minute, no screws, and it will fire even if you lose the trigger spring. Which is next to impossible with the NY1, which merely drops in and is not under any pressure until the trigger is pulled.
    So I make fun of GloCk too but only when I hear stupid people say "it has 3 safeties, bugger hook, bang switch, blah blah blah."
    But I like mine and have no problems carrying it concealed because I fixed it the way I want it. [8D]