In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

a feel good story of a pilot finds his plane

Comments

• Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a great story. I hope the old guy can climb back into it and go for another flight when its done.

The story reminds me of something similar. A few years ago I was at a local gun auction house and heard about one of the employees who was doing inventory for an upcoming auction. He was inspecting an M1 Garand and realized it was the same exact gun he used in boot camp about 40+ years prior as he had memorized the serial number.
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for this post. What a great story. [^]
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laredo Lefty
    The story reminds me of something similar. A few years ago I was at a local gun auction house and heard about one of the employees who was doing inventory for an upcoming auction. He was inspecting an M1 Garand and realized it was the same exact gun he used in boot camp about 40+ years prior as he had memorized the serial number.

The words "This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine" comes to mind.
  • 1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just watched that video before logging on here. Cool story. I hope he lives to see it fly again.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Hope he is still around for that flight. He looks like he gets around pretty good for his age and he still has his wits,
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My FIL is 94 and gets around pretty well. He was a gunnery instructor in the Army Air Corp during WW2, at Eglin. He always said the P38 was his favorite airplane. Mine too.