In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This has to be photoshopped.

Comments

• Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That tank top doesn't hide much of what's underneath.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    its perspective, the dog is much closer to the camera than the girl
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    It's the old "fisherman" trick. Get the nipples farther back, then slip the pooch up close to the camera.....Works every time.
    That dog ain't over 150.
    jeff
  • Options
    RustyNailRustyNail Member Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still....that beast is HUGE!
  • Options
    PieceofpaperPieceofpaper Member Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look at the left side (her right side) of her face, its choppy, and all up her arm. The color of her clothes and skin thats right around the fur is slighty off.

Its a very good chop, but its still chopped.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Also, around the left side of the dog, the grass, trees, etc. have been blended slighty with the fur. Looks like it was done with Adobe Photoshop.
  • Options
    johalljohall Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK i didn't see anything but a perky nipple..
  • Options
    Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    An old photographer's trick that uses a very long telephoto lens to compress the depth of field to where the girl looks like she's right alongside the dog. Some of the more famous photographs using this technique made two complete strangers sitting a goodly distance apart on a very long park bench look as though they were sitting right next to one another. Many of the more "sensational" weekly tabloids use this to portray celebrities in seemingly "compromising" public situations.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I think its real...and true perspective....you can see her knee between the dogs legs at the bottom. she could be small like 90 lbs and the dog 180 or so....
  • Options
    dogmandogman Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That, gentlemen, is a Caucasian Ovcharka... and it really is just about that big. My old trainer, Joe Clingan, had one. It's head fit perfectly in the side window of my 1997 Chevy Cavalier. Just ask my wife...[:D]
    That might even be Joe's wife or daughter in the pic. Looks like his wife, but it's been a long time since I've seen them and I don't know how old this pic is...

www.caucasian.org
    www.ovcharkarescue.org
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If I wanted a fat dog, id get a English Mastiff [:D]
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Perspective with a big dog.

Quite effective, may I say.[:D]
  • Options
    dogmandogman Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    tacking1tacking1 Member Posts: 3,844
    edited November -1
    I thought it was Hairy.
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    She needs her lawn mowed.
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    jackson231jackson231 Member Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    there are dogs that big
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    I don't think it's photoshopped - and not nessasarily a phototrick.
    Think of a big Sct.Bernard - you could easily take a picture just like that.

But yes, as mentioned - take a telephotolens, one that covers the area around 75-150mm, preferably 150-200mm and keep your distance when you zoom in.
    Once zoomed in and the subjects are placed at two different distances, it will be hard to tell who is the biggest. With the right background, you can easily make it look like they are right beside eachoder and the biggest person who's furthest away - can look like it's the smallest.

Simple photography really.

If she wanted a bigger dog, there's always the mix breed - Great Dane/Mastiff.

Those dogs hold (or held) the record for weight.
    A fully grown dog could weigh 220lbs - without being fat.

Not exactly a lapdog, but very well mannered and protective - expecially with it's immediate "family".

They are really sweet.
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tacking1
    I thought it was Hairy.

Nope. No drool.

Clouder..
  • Options
    FrogbertFrogbert Member Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Naw, Hairy's a Shytz-yoo....

[:D]
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That wasn't photoshopped...the distortions are present throughout the whole picture pointing to either a low quality scanner or a low quality digital camera. And the dog is pretty much right on her lap. That is a big dog, with lots of fuzz.
  • Options
    remington nutremington nut Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    did some searching around... According to the American Kennel Club, the largest breed of dog is the English Mastiff (also known as the Old English Mastiff). Mastiffs are the heaviest dog, but not the tallest. The tallest is the Irish Wolfhound. The tallest Wolfhound was a recorded 5 foot high at its shoulders.

According to the Guniess Book of World Records, the worlds heaviest as well as longest dog ever recorded was an English Mastiff named Zorba. In 1989, Zorba weighed 343 lbs and was 8 feet 3 inches long from nose to tail! That same dog also holds the Guniess record for the Worlds's Largest Dog.
  • Options
    almanacalmanac Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that photo was taken just like we professional guides take photos of clients with thier animals. The photographer is on the ground looking up with the person BEHIND the main subject, gives alot of depth and size distortion, try it sometime on that little 8 pt. whitey, he'll seem a bit bigger.
  • Options
    spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remington nut
    ...According to the Guniess Book of World Records, the worlds heaviest as well as longest dog ever recorded was an English Mastiff named Zorba. In 1989, Zorba weighed 343 lbs and was 8 feet 3 inches long from nose to tail! That same dog also holds the Guniess record for the Worlds's Largest Dog.

I remember reading about that dog in a tabloid way back then. I
    believe they said he had his own air conditioned mansion.