In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another Vacation

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
quote:The president is planning another Hawaiian vacation, and the public's reaction is 100 percent predictable. To die-hard conservatives, Barack Obama is now Benedict Arnold in board shorts, abandoning the country at its hour of fiscal need to frolic in the surf. To lionhearted liberals, he's a weary warrior who deserves this R&R after a heroic election victory that saved the nation from right-wing chaos. The facts: The vacation will last for 20 days, and security and other needs mean it will cost taxpayers approximately $4 million, out of a federal budget of $3.7 trillion. Relatively speaking, that's small change, but it hasn't stopped the hefty arguments

Comments

• Options
    mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just another black family living off the Govt, in Govt housing!
  • Options
    A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mango tango

Lot of truth in that.
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow that's nice! Been married for a long time and my wife always wanted for us to go. Never have been able what with various obligations of kids soccer, farm, career, glad I can help someone go there though!
  • Options
    17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Thats%20Racist.gif
  • Options
    AJ100AJ100 Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 17tobyracing

Thats%20Racist.gif

Where in the world did you get this video of bho as a young loudmouth brat of a kid?

AJ100(Tom Vogt)
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    will the auto censor smoke itself if one were to apply the correct label
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    quote:The president is planning another Hawaiian vacation, and the public's reaction is 100 percent predictable. To die-hard conservatives, Barack Obama is now Benedict Arnold in board shorts, abandoning the country at its hour of fiscal need to frolic in the surf. To lionhearted liberals, he's a weary warrior who deserves this R&R after a heroic election victory that saved the nation from right-wing chaos. The facts: The vacation will last for 20 days, and security and other needs mean it will cost taxpayers approximately $4 million, out of a federal budget of $3.7 trillion. Relatively speaking, that's small change, but it hasn't stopped the hefty arguments

Never been to Hawaii but can the surf be dangerous there with an 'undertow' that could result in a person drowning[?]

Let us pray .... [;)]
    Amen...
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    I won't get my black armband and grieving veil out yet, but in my wildest fantasy, I can imagine someone stubbing his toe on an unexploded Japanese torpedo.
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    But who will destroy our country while he is out?
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Makes you want to pay more taxes don't it.[:(!]
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is definitely better off than he was 4 years ago [:D] Well, this is what majority of Americans wanted [:I]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Can I get an AMEN
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:It's that time of year again, and Hawaii residents are making plans to deal with the inconvenience of daily living during President Barack Obama's annual holiday visit to Kailua, Oahu. A report was delivered to Residents of Kailua as recently as Nov. 29 according to one resident, which outlines a list of restrictions that are to be implemented for 20 days while the President vacations in Hawaii.

The restrictions affect residents living along the ocean and canal which surrounds the multi-million dollar houses that Barack Obama, his family, his dog Bo, and invited friends are to stay in. These restrictions will be in place between Dec. 17 and Jan. 6, and include limitations on air, water, and road travel among other things.

Street barricades and Navy Seals along with secret agents will start to pop up in just a few weeks and it has many residents up in arms about their own holiday plans. Many who live in the area want to be able to use their boats and other ocean toys during their own holiday vacations without restrictions put into place.

Obama's yearly vacation to Hawaii is a pretty controversial one due to the cost of the trip. When all is said and done, it's estimated that the 20-day vacation will cost tax payers more than $4 million dollars. According to Hawaii Reporter, the President and his invited friends pay for their own accommodations but everything else on the bill is footed by those who pay taxes.

President Barack Obama and his family have stayed on Oahu for several days during the holiday season every year since 2008. This should come as no surprise as the island is Obama's childhood home and it's clear that the First Lady keeps health and fitness a priority in the family. Both of these things can be found in abundance in Hawaii thanks to readily available in-season fruits and vegetables, and an array of fitness promoting activities to choose from. The Obama family is minutes away from a private beach and access to military workout facilities.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Found this too.

quote:So tell me Sandy victims, what do you think of your President and FEMA red tape now? Why doesn't BO use that 4 million to help the victims of Sandy and spend Christmas at the Whitehouse making a budget? He wants to raise taxes on the rich but spend 4 million tax dollars for vacation. Shame on you
  • Options
    ncross53ncross53 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've heard that in 2011, the cost of the president's and his family's outings and vacations cost 1.4 billion dollars. Can't he find a discount travel agency?

Guess I never noticed this before, but Obama's dog's name is Bo. Is he named after the president's initials, BO? I know this guy is narcissistic, but sheesh.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ncross53
    I've heard that in 2011, the cost of the president's and his family's outings and vacations cost 1.4 billion dollars. Can't he find a discount travel agency?

Guess I never noticed this before, but Obama's dog's name is Bo. Is he named after the president's initials, BO? I know this guy is narcissistic, but sheesh.

Not sure I believe this.

quote:The Washington Post reported in its online editions Saturday night that Obama's daughters chose the name Bo for the pup because first lady Michelle Obama's father was nicknamed Diddley. The name for the dog was an apparent reference to the singer "Bo" Diddley
  • Options
    xstuntmanxstuntman Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Working on the time table, but...

I think i should have the sharktopus trained to eat dark meat by then.
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie

Can I get an AMEN

AMEN!!!!
    [;)][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So he had 10 days to fix the Bidget or does he just leave.
  • Options
    old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MaxOHMS
    But who will destroy our country while he is out?
    With Biden,Pelosi,Feinstein and the like left behind he has nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For those daydreaming of old jap torpedos or surf undertow, Three Words come to mind to make a guy shudder: President Joe Biden

That'll ruin your lunch. [:D]
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A J Christ

Lot of truth in that.

[:0][:0][:0][:D]
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******
    edited November -1
    I love it!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Our Father Who art in Heaven Please watch over My GB Buddys They Need their Prayers Answered Soon
    I Ask that You Take Care of this meanial Task For us in the near Future in Jesus Name Amen! [;)] quote:Originally posted by retroxler58
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy

Never been to Hawaii but can the surf be dangerous there with an 'undertow' that could result in a person drowning[?]

Let us pray .... [;)]
    Amen...
  • Options
    DieHard4DieHard4 Member Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wasn't he on vacation for like 3 out of his first 4 years anyway? Seems to me any time something bad happens he responds by going on vacation. No different here. First, this shows that he really does not care about this country, and second, he just leaves an opportunity for republicans to once again be blamed for the problem because he wasn't even there to stop them.

Obama is a sorry excuse for a president, black or not. I know good hard working black guys here who work 2 jobs at minimum wage and just barely get by, and I mean really work hard, because I have worked with them. They represent the good blacks. Obama brings shame to blacks by wasting our time and our money to go and play and have fun, while the country is destroyed. And yet millions of blacks worship him.

I don't care much what Obama does anymore. As long as he is on vacation he won't be working, so he won't be passing more laws to take away our freedoms. He is what he is and there is no changing that. He should be expected at this point to act like this. My issue is with 60+ million Americans who still worship him and want him to destroy this country. And that is what I have a hard time understanding.