In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

LESS HURRICANE ACTIVITY FOR ATLANTIC COAST..

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited August 2006 in General Discussion
This was on channel 13/fox local news...I will try to find the link to post...

But the weatherman stated that with the Pacific coast having so much hurricane activity, it means little or no hurricane activity for the atlantic coast...

There is a cat 4 hurricane (John) on the Pacific coast right now, another one behind that, another storm a bit west I think he said, and one closer to the international date line....

If youj stop and think back, the last couple of years has showed no activity on the Pacific side for hurricanes, but a lot on the Atlantic....so maybe what he said will ring true....Lets hope so...

Comments

• Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    It is Bush's fault! Before Bush, we had lots of hurricanes in the Atlantic. Now, suddenly, they're disappearing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells
    It is Bush's fault! Before Bush, we had lots of hurricanes in the Atlantic. Now, suddenly, they're disappearing.
    Just ask Al Gore, he will tell you how it is. After all he is the expert on enviremental stuff.

And besides, he invented the internet!

[:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)]
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by *_r_done
    Just ask Al Gore

I would, except it is morning, not evening, and I'm not trying to fall asleep again.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells
    quote:Originally posted by *_r_done
    Just ask Al Gore

I would, except it is morning, not evening, and I'm not trying to fall asleep again.
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Fact.

We are having alot of typhoon activity in the Pacific Ocean which means it will be a light year for the Atlantic Ocean.

There's a Super Typhoon headed towards Guam but looks like it might go over us and nail China.

Woo Hoo!!!!
  • Options
    KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that after the mid-summer heat waves we hit a cooling period for most of the US and Atlantic.

Out here the weather has been in the 80s for almost a week and is projected to stay that way. I forget the last time we have an August/beginning of September this cool. Hope this does not mean a harsh winter.