In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Has anyone noticed? Maybe our downfall

Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Are we doing as the Russians did for many decades?
We are teaching other countries that despise us our military doctrine and ways we conduct combat operations. And to top it off, we are selling and probable giving them our military equipment?
I wonder about some of our more sophisticated equipment is being sold to them as well? I hope the M1A1 Abrams is still in our hands and not being sold to these countries that want to see us destroyed.
I see a Lot of the M-16 and its variants being carried by foreign soldiers but that does not bother me, it is well know weapon and a killer of soldiers on the side it defends anyway (my opinion of the M-16 not meant to start a argument).
But I wonder about our short defense missiles and more modern weapons? Are we selling and giving away the seeds of our own destruction?

Ow! And to add if you wonder how the Chinese where able to send a rocket into space, Blame Bill Clinton He OK`ed the sell of the equipment they needed to do it.

Comments

• scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    Asians have always been great at reverse engineering. what they don't buy they steal not usually from us, from our allies. the whole idea of top secret is lost on older technology but older technology is still better than 99% of the rest of the world and still good enough to give us a black eye if used against us.
    You can bet the command and control centers have watched more films on American tactics than Peyton manning has watched films on the patriots. they know our moves but our weapons still trump their knowledge and our troops are better trained and equipped than any would be conqueror
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Up until the present, by the time our stuff gets "Reverse Engineered" and put into production, our New Stuff is online, and known to defeat the old stuff. Give the Obamessiah time to cut out all new system development and production (Like the cancellation of the F-22) and a few years to pass, and our (Figurative, Collective)neck will truly be on the chopping block.
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    too late!
    Saudi crudholia...ugh...I mean Arabia, already has late model F15s and Abrams tanks (not sure which version)