In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone Watching "9/11: Science and Conspiracy"

TANGO X-RAYTANGO X-RAY Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
It's on National Geographic. They are examining all the conspiracy theories about 9/11. These conspiracy theorists will not believe anything except their cockeyed theories, even when they are proven wrong!

Comments

• Options
    helicopter_pilothelicopter_pilot Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I watched some of it, but I have a low threshold for stupidity. The conspiracy theorists are willfully ignorant.

Skepticism is a good thing. But not against all evidence.
  • Options
    Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Back when there was only ABC, CBS, NBC, and public broadcasting there wasn't much crap on TV.

Now that there's a million channels, lots of crap gets broadcast!

• Options
    BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    But didn't Charlie Sheen prove (in his professional "engineer" opinion ) that it had to be blown up from the inside?
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    If it was on TV, then is is most certainly true.
  • Options
    Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    No but I did see an oxyclean commercial on tv that was bearable to watch. They have a pleasant woman's voice on there now instead fo that HI, I'M BILLY MAYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • Options
    steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, for the last time. Building 7 did not fall down by itself. 2 planes, 3 buildings. Without getting into too much further detail there were explosive devices planted in the buildings. If you want to listen to experts in thier field I suggest you turn off the tv and check out the following:
    http://pilotsfor911truth.org/
    http://www.ae911truth.org/
    And for the sake of argument I will throw in the official explanation from the report.
    http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/911Report.pdf

Nat Geo as well as the Military History channel have been spewing out BS since Bush's setup to leave office.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    But wait ther's more. Why did Tom Kenney (director of FEMA at the time) arrive in New York on monday the 10th? I suppose that you also believe the official story about the london subway bombings? Do the research. Take a stand. If you need more I'm fully stocked with ammo, just let me adjust my TF hat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-4iSuq1qaE thought I would give you some eye candy in case you were having tv withdrawl. [8D]
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know who I'd like to hear from? The guys who actually wire buildings to demo them. It's nice to hear from the engineers and guys with degrees, but I wonder exactly what's involved in doing the hard work of wiring a huge building with explosives to make it collapse? And how it can be done in secret in a fully functioning office building without the tenants driving the building manager's office up the wall with complaints and phone calls.

BTW, what would be the point of having the buildings come down? Isn't flying planes into them & killing a few thousand people bad enough?
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfletcher
    BTW, what would be the point of having the buildings come down? Isn't flying planes into them & killing a few thousand people bad enough?
    The point of having the buildings come down is to remove the evidence.

That place was a crime scene, yet it was scooped up and hauled away before so much as a hint of an investigation could take place.
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tin foil body suit in place, please continue!!
  • Options
    lee_danlee_dan Member Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EM ----

You convinced me ----
    Bush was behind the Conspiracy

I just wonder how he paid off all those other
    2 or 3 hundred people involved --- to keep them quiet --

Do you think he had time to set the explosives himself ???

Maybe Dick helped him --- what do you think ???

Lee
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    The point of having the buildings come down is to remove the evidence.

That place was a crime scene, yet it was scooped up and hauled away before so much as a hint of an investigation could take place.

Buy me a vowel because OH MY GOSH.

Please tell me you're joking.
  • Options
    woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    Where was Obama on 9/11?
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshermit
    Where was Obama on 9/11?
    Meeting with the Council on Foreign Relations and the Tri-Lateral Commission, of course.

DUH. [:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just decided I am going to do all my posts in RED

Lee
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You know who I'd like to hear from? The guys who actually wire buildings to demo them. It's nice to hear from the engineers and guys with degrees, but I wonder exactly what's involved in doing the hard work of wiring a huge building with explosives to make it collapse? And how it can be done in secret in a fully functioning office building without the tenants driving the building manager's office up the wall with complaints and phone calls.

Good question. I was going to stay up and watch this one but I needed some sleep. If we look back at march of 01, the elevators got some refurbishment. Ace Elevator Co. provided the work and the man power and they were the only ones with access to the core columns. No big deal at first glance right? Then why did they have armed security personel gaurding the elevators? And who was on the board of trustees for this security firm? None other than a member of the Bush family.

I should also remind you that his sort of event has happened before with the Gulf of Tonken incident. Recently released FIOA documents prove that it was also a staged event.

I'm with Jesse Ventura on this one. He used to blow stuff up and if he says something is more than a little fishy about this, well....
  • Options
    TANGO X-RAYTANGO X-RAY Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lee_dan
    EM ----

You convinced me ----
    Bush was behind the Conspiracy

I just wonder how he paid off all those other
    2 or 3 hundred people involved --- to keep them quiet --

Do you think he had time to set the explosives himself ???

Maybe Dick helped him --- what do you think ???

Lee

It would have had to involve a lot more people than that.
  • Options
    legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LOOK OUT HERE THEY COME AGAIN

black-hawk-helicopter1.jpg

Lee
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If these buildings were wired to explode, where is the DET cord? Why has no one showed one piece of it? And don't tell me it gets blown up as I have scrapped on a few building demo's and that crap was everywhere! Also, when we get rock from the quarry, you will find piecesof in there too!

got proof?
  • Options
    sharkman69sharkman69 Member Posts: 856 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I remember when Rosie O'Donnell suggested the whole thing was staged by Bush. Rosie even proclaimed that steel doesn't melt. And after all, who knows more about anything than Rosie O'Donnell?
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    guns-n-painthorses

...You just nailed it with the word "proof", those that can not locate two brain cells to save their life, do not have nor will ever put forth "proof" because none exsists to support the theory 9/11 was anything other than it was, a terrorist attack.

The truthers show a total lack in ability to grasp anything other than that which is embarrassingly simple. No way no how would there have not been det cord and other assorted debris from a controlled demolition present after an implosion.

Monkey, joking or just ill informed? Almost every single POUND of debris from Ground Zero was combed by authorities off site and the debris was HAND searched for evidence and human bone...so that "hauled off before an investigation" is utter BS and dont fly.

To by into and further this truther BS is despicable, un-American and the truthers should have the living poop beat out of 'em right before being deported. To denigrate the lives lost and the attack on this Country in that manner of stupidity by the entirely ignorant is beyond disgusting...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by steveaustin
    But wait ther's more. Why did Tom Kenney (director of FEMA at the time) arrive in New York on monday the 10th? I suppose that you also believe the official story about the london subway bombings? Do the research. Take a stand. If you need more I'm fully stocked with ammo, just let me adjust my TF hat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-4iSuq1qaE thought I would give you some eye candy in case you were having tv withdrawl. [8D]

I am willing to watch a video listen to a commentator or even read a book but I am not willing to pay for it.
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    I personally think aliens from the planet Zoltar blew up the World Trade Center. Both buildings. Zapped them with their death ray. Those planes we see flying into the buildings were photoshopped into the video to cover up the death ray blast.

Oh to get off the subject, anyone else beside me going to see Elvis this weekend in Vegas?[8D]
  • Options
    cwi555cwi555 Member Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NEWSFLASH:

Alcoa Aluminum reporting record profits among rampant conspiracy theories evolving from the 911 terrorist bombings and recent sightings of Elvis in Jamaica.

The aluminum foil division of Alcoa is responsible for 99% of these massive sales increase after the conspiracy theorist (C.T.s) meet for a convention in Jamaica. This is thought to be due to the official headdress being a foil hat.

The CT membership experienced a 10 fold increase in membership after partaking of Jamaica's number one cash crop. Coincidently, Jamaican hospitals were full of people with minor 1st and 2nd degree burns on their index finger and thumb. The foil hats had created a shortage of aluminum required to make the device known as a 'roach' clip, which further fueled the CT's who now believe George W. Bush had secretly laced their medicinal marijuana via spray clouds from black painted aircraft contrails.
  • Options
    Freedom FirstFreedom First Member Posts: 454 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So then to all you non tin foil hat expert's. WHY did building 7 fall?
    The owner of the whole complex Larry Silverstein said he ,and the authorities decided to pull it. They must just work fast!
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry guys, you can't have it both ways. I believe that our government is incredibly incompetant, corrupt and no one in Washington can keep a secret any longer than it takes for them to find a TV camera. I think most of you would agree. So I am now to believe that these incompetant, self centered fools are not only smart enough to put an operation like this togeather but smart enough to keep their mouths shut? Even while laying in bed with one of their pretty young staffers they are trying to impress, since they were unimpressive with their "penmanship". No way in H. Feel free to logically argue my points. I don't think a thinking man can get past Washington's incompetant stupidity.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WHY did building 7 fall?

Didn't "they" say it was the heat from the other building?

How far apart were the buildings?

That's amazing!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Freedom First
    So then to all you non tin foil hat expert's. WHY did building 7 fall?
    The owner of the whole complex Larry Silverstein said he ,and the authorities decided to pull it. They must just work fast!

WTC 7 Collapse
    Claim: Seven hours after the two towers fell, the 47-story WTC 7 collapsed. According to 911review.org: "The video clearly shows that it was not a collapse subsequent to a fire, but rather a controlled demolition: amongst the Internet investigators, the jury is in on this one."

Fire Storm: WTC 7 stands amid the rubble of the recently collapsed Twin Towers. Damaged by falling debris, the building then endures a fire that rages for hours. Experts say this combination, not a demolition-style implosion, led to the roofline "kink" that signals WTC 7's progressive collapse. (Photograph by New York Office of Emergency Management)

FACT: Many conspiracy theorists point to FEMA's preliminary report, which said there was relatively light damage to WTC 7 prior to its collapse. With the benefit of more time and resources, NIST researchers now support the working hypothesis that WTC 7 was far more compromised by falling debris than the FEMA report indicated. "The most important thing we found was that there was, in fact, physical damage to the south face of building 7," NIST's Sunder tells PM. "On about a third of the face to the center and to the bottom - approximately 10 stories - about 25 percent of the depth of the building was scooped out." NIST also discovered previously undocumented damage to WTC 7's upper stories and its southwest corner.

NIST investigators believe a combination of intense fire and severe structural damage contributed to the collapse, though assigning the exact proportion requires more research. But NIST's analysis suggests the fall of WTC 7 was an example of "progressive collapse," a process in which the failure of parts of a structure ultimately creates strains that cause the entire building to come down. Videos of the fall of WTC 7 show cracks, or "kinks," in the building's facade just before the two penthouses disappeared into the structure, one after the other. The entire building fell in on itself, with the slumping east side of the structure pulling down the west side in a diagonal collapse.

According to NIST, there was one primary reason for the building's failure: In an unusual design, the columns near the visible kinks were carrying exceptionally large loads, roughly 2000 sq. ft. of floor area for each floor. "What our preliminary analysis has shown is that if you take out just one column on one of the lower floors," Sunder notes, "it could cause a vertical progression of collapse so that the entire section comes down."

There are two other possible contributing factors still under investigation: First, trusses on the fifth and seventh floors were designed to transfer loads from one set of columns to another. With columns on the south face apparently damaged, high stresses would likely have been communicated to columns on the building's other faces, thereby exceeding their load-bearing capacities.

Second, a fifth-floor fire burned for up to 7 hours. "There was no firefighting in WTC 7," Sunder says. Investigators believe the fire was fed by tanks of diesel fuel that many tenants used to run emergency generators. Most tanks throughout the building were fairly small, but a generator on the fifth floor was connected to a large tank in the basement via a pressurized line. Says Sunder: "Our current working hypothesis is that this pressurized line was supplying fuel [to the fire] for a long period of time."

WTC 7 might have withstood the physical damage it received, or the fire that burned for hours, but those combined factors - along with the building's unusual construction - were enough to set off the chain-reaction collapse.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK, just for the hell of it, let's say tower one and two were brought down with a controlled demo. So in order to do that right, first thing is you would have to expose all the steel and concrete colums on a few floors. Then you would have to place the charges on these coloms. Next you would have to run DET cord to all the charges, and then run them to a control panel to set the charges off at the right time sequence. So then, how long would it take a crew of guys to do all that work? Two days, maybe. Then, and here is where it gets deep, how do you do it without any of the thousands of people who work in the building everyday, noticing it? Remember, many of the building mant. guys were killed on 9-11. You would think they would HAVE to be in on the conspiracy to pull it off. Would you stay in the building if you knew it was coming down? What a bunch of horseschitt!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yup ---- Bush is a real stupid SOB ---
    But he found people Clever enough to
    know just where the two planes were going to hit --
    {Unless you believe one theory that the images of
    the planes flying into the buildings were 3D holograms}

Oh --- If the weight of the buildings above the fires
    were not the reason for the building to collapse ----
    WHY DID THE SECOND BUILDING THAT WAS HIT 20 TO 30 MINUTES
    AFTER THE FIRST ---- COME DOWN FIRST

Lee
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hard to believe there are people this foolish still able to survive in the world. Your brain's in a blender. Stupid, silly or merely foolish, I don't know. Now hear this:

OJ did it.
    Oswald did it alone.
    A bunch of Muslim scum did it.
    A storm hit New Oleans.

Grow up fool.
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Thanks Fideau... I was wondering the very same thing.

I am sure many of these same folks find Christmas to be quite frustrating due to the distracting nature of the shimmering tinsel on the trees.

Bush and the 10,000 other co-conspirators have really hit a home run this time!!! [:0]

NS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    william911.com

Many explosions.

Explosions in the basement BEFORE the plane hit.

Boom boom boom boom boom in an evenly-spaced succession.

I feel sorry for folks that fall for and believe what comes out of the heavily-funded propaganda machine.

The TRUTH shall make you free.

First, that TRUTH will help you to see how imprisoned you are.

You call me names.

I care not what you think of me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shootertutor,

Did you watch 9/11: Science and Conspiracy on the NATGEO Channel?

Just curious what you think after having watched the show.

NS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I did not watch it.

Who paid for the show?

Who's agenda was behind it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootertutor
    william911.com

Many explosions.

Explosions in the basement BEFORE the plane hit.

Boom boom boom boom boom in an evenly-spaced succession.

I feel sorry for folks that fall for and believe what comes out of the heavily-funded propaganda machine.

The TRUTH shall make you free.

First, that TRUTH will help you to see how imprisoned you are.

You call me names.

I care not what you think of me.

Boom, boom? Really? My cousin was in tower two when the plane hit. He was there when both towers came down. Right there. He never heard no boom, boom, boom. That's a firsthand account of someone who was there. Were you there? did you hear the booms? Who do you know who was there? Nobody I bet.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootertutor
    I did not watch it.

Who paid for the show?

Look brotha I'm not attacking you. I am merely asking if you watched the show this thread was discussing. I am curious to know what "truthers" have to say about the NATGEO special.... that's all.

If you have a few extra minutes over the next few weeks, check it out and let us know what you think about their special. I personally found it to be quite objective and backed by a considerable amount of testing for both hypotheses.

NS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote: I did not watch it.

Who paid for the show?

I bet it was Halliburton

Lee
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Boom, boom? Really? My cousin was in tower two when the plane hit. He was there when both towers came down. Right there. He never heard no boom, boom, boom. That's a firsthand account of someone who was there. Were you there? did you hear the booms? Who do you know who was there? Nobody I bet.
    guns-n-painthorses... your cousin MUST be part of the conspiracy as well!!!!! [;)]

I mean why should we believe his FIRST PERSON account of that day, at that location, at that exact time?!?!?!

{Sarcasm off}

BTW, I seriously hope he has recovered from the events of that day.

NS