In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

another Taurus repair nightmare...customer ser.

LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
edited November 2007 in General Discussion
ever send anything in to Taurus for repair..?? I had to send in my tractor gun, md 605 ss .357 snub nose..the hand on it cracked.causing the cylinder to lock and not rotate..I sent it off 5 weeks ago,I get a letter in the mail says call this no. for update/status report..so I did..the people on the other end [two different folks] were the rudest M.F.rs I have ever spoke with in customer service..I have just bought/traded for my last junk Taurus product..they can ram it where the sun don't shine..Must be cause their from Miami..huh..[}:)][V]..Loko..they also said your gun is in for repairs..you should hear something in 2-3 weeks..no update period..[:(!]

having to wait 9-10 weeks for repair is unacceptible IMHO..[V]

TRFOX...ARE YOU READING THIS?..SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR REVOLVERS FOR THAT LONG/OR LONGER IF YOU SEND THEM IN FOR REPAIR..[V]

Comments

• fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    FROM MIAMI? AND they spoke ENGLISH?? GTFO!!!
  • LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    FROM MIAMI? AND they spoke ENGLISH?? GTFO!!!
    yep..I'm guessing they were immigrants from..Kalifornia..[V]..Loko
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Loko...

Check out this link....We had problems with customer service at Taurus UNTIL one girl took over...
    Had to do a search on it...couldnt remember when....2004..

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=105240&SearchTerms=customer,service

Might want to mention her by name...
  • LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THANKS ..BR..FOR THE INFO..Loko[8D]
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    I had one with a cracked barrel. Got a RA number, sent it back. They fixed it with a new barrel and had it back in my hands in a few weeks. I couldn't complain.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    I sent a Taurus Gaucho in for what was a faulty transfer bar which was creating a real, bad trigger slap/sting.
    They took a couple months to get it back to me but I am patient and it came back in a brand new box that was factory serialized to the revolver.
    Now I have two factory serialized boxes for the same gun[8D]
    I didn't have any problem with their service.
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Loko,I have sent a few guns back to different makers for warrenty work,I dont think I have ever got one back in less than 2 months and a Colt was over 4 months,,yes it sucks but they are all the same.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LOKO383
    ever send anything in to Taurus for repair..?? I had to send in my tractor gun, md 605 ss .357 snub nose..the hand on it cracked.causing the cylinder to lock and not rotate..I sent it off 5 weeks ago,I get a letter in the mail says call this no. for update/status report..so I did..the people on the other end [two different folks] were the rudest M.F.rs I have ever spoke with in customer service..I have just bought/traded for my last junk Taurus product..they can ram it where the sun don't shine..Must be cause their from Miami..huh..[}:)][V]..Loko..they also said your gun is in for repairs..you should hear something in 2-3 weeks..no update period..[:(!]

having to wait 9-10 weeks for repair is unacceptible IMHO..[V]

TRFOX...ARE YOU READING THIS?..SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR REVOLVERS FOR THAT LONG/OR LONGER IF YOU SEND THEM IN FOR REPAIR..[V]

Dang! This does not sound good for my 3 (maybe 4) Taurus revolvers. It's what I get for buying $230.00 brand new revolvers.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats a long time to wait, but have read here on GB the these long turn-a-round times are typical. so...Come on LOKO, give 'em a second chance... did you see the "The Judge" yet? If not it's a Taurus copy of the Thunder-5. Only problem is the snub-nose version is not very snub-nose, but it would still make a cool tractor gun.
  • MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ask most dealers and distribs about Taurus and their customer service. All your going to hear is a bunch of swearing and not too many good words of happiness. The company has lost touch with the people they sell their guns too . We are about ready to stop selling the line, its gotton that bad.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I have had no complaints, at all, with several Tauri.

I consider them a good weapon.

Doug
  • AZEXAZEX Member Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    to the OP.

Send a letter "Attn: Bob Morrison" at Taurus in Miami.

D.