In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ouch

TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in General Discussion

Comments

• TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Philippines President Duterte orders US forces out after 65 years: 'Do not treat us like a doormat'
    The bombastic Duterte is locked in a war of words with the US and plans to halt joint military patrols
    edited November -1
    Been using last years gas in my mower till today...As soon as I picked the can I remembered it was empty... checked my wallet to see if I had a couple bucks for gas when it hit me..Tobe, you *...you are gonna need the card. Makes me almost want to just go get some weed killer and be done with it!!! Well it ain't that I can't afford it...But it sure hurts to see Americans being raped like this....
    edited November -1
    quote:This is daughter Cpl. K.B. DeSantis third from left, with some the guys at the mixed martial school Quantico Va. She is the only female instructor trainer at Quantico. The second photo is after a three round unanimous decision victory in her second M.M.A fight. 18 May 11

The above Quote is from the Fathers Face book page.

cpldesantisandmarines.jpg

cpldesantis.jpg
    edited November -1
    Came to a red light and stopped. After it turned Green I proceeded to turn left. Half way through the turn a small white car comming from the west (never slowed down) plowed right into the frount end of my car. They really slowed down then,like a total stop. I drive old iron as in big cars. She was driving one of those little plastic cars.
    Anyway I came out with a banged up right knee, My wife has the lower left leg bone sticking out through her leg,( 2 plates and 17 screws) a broken right hand.. Problem with old steel cars is they do not have air bags. The other driver had air bags, other then dased she is unhurt. You think maybe My next car should have air bags?
    I think i'm about ready to move up to air bags. This happened 4 days ago and I just now got home. Wife comes home tomarrow.
    Man these things are quick.
    edited November -1
    Been having problems with a bunion for too many years. Decided it had to go. This is where it went.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8uzqdmlqKw

Done Tuesday morning, still sore and swollen but getting better.
    edited November -1
    Went to license our new car and took it the shorts since Kansas taxes you on extended warranties. I must have been sleeping as I had no Idea they taxed everything on the sales bill.
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    It's a Tough Job, But Somebody's Gotta Pay $278,000 for It

America is another year older, but wiser? The President's Council of Economic Advisers must wonder. Late Friday, while the country's attention was divided between weekend barbeques and travel plans, the Council released its "Seventh Quarterly Report" on the impact of the stimulus spending. The bottom line? America would have been better off without it! When the Weekly Standard started crunching numbers, it found that each new job "created by the stimulus" is costing taxpayers $278,000. "In other words," Jeffrey Anderson writes, "the government could simply have cut a $100,000 check to everyone whose employment was allegedly made possibly by the stimulus," and taxpayers would have come out $427 billion ahead." Again, these figures are coming from the White House's own experts, which, as the Weekly Standard points out, is "about as much of a home-field ruling as anyone could ever ask for."

The headlines should put a dent in the Democrats' agenda--which, as recently as last week, was to attach a third stimulus to any debt ceiling deal. Whether these new numbers will deter them is anyone's guess. What it will deter are voters, most of whom believed that spending our way out of debt was a bad idea to begin with. Instead of throwing money at our unemployment problem, Congress should be promoting legislation that would lessen the burdens on small business. If the government stopped over-regulating employers, Americans would see a bigger jump in the job market than anything the stimulus's $666 billion could buy.

Meanwhile, it looks like the fireworks may be over, but the Senate's pyrotechnics have just begun.
    edited November -1
    Wrong Word
    "Doc," says Steve, "I want to be castrated."
    "What on earth for?" asks the doctor in amazement.
    "It's something I've been thinking about for a long time and I want to have
    it done" replies Steve.
    "But have you thought it through properly?" asks the doctor, "It's a very
    serious operation and once it's done, there's no going back. It will change
    your life forever!"
    "I'm aware of that and you're not going to change my mind -- either you book
    me in to be castrated or I'll simply go to another doctor."
    "Well, OK.", says the doctor, "But it's against my better judgment!"
    So Steve has his operation, and the next day he is up and walking very
    slowly, legs apart, down the hospital corridor with his drip stand. Heading
    towards him is another patient, who is walking exactly the same way.
    "Hi there," says Steve,"It looks as if you've just had the same operation as
    me."
    "Well," said the patient, "I finally decided after 37 years of life that I
    would like to be circumcised."
    Steve stared at him in horror and screamed, "S***! THAT'S the word!"
    edited November -1
    1350 rds of remington goldenbullet hp 200 rds cci and 290 rds of winchester xpert hv. $175 text or email
    edited November -1
    KarlWillig_1049075362_Alamo_Bowie.jpg

its called an Alamo Bowie Knife

CZ 750 S M1. Drool.
    CZ_750_S_M1.jpg
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    things that hurt lets see your pics
    fastbike.jpg
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Its going to hurt when they land.

1116188_3236877696418_793184843_o.jpg
    edited November -1
    Fusion GPS Admits Anti-Trump Dossier Was Passed To John McCain To Give To Obama-Era Intel Agencies
    edited November -1
    Ants eat away woman's eye in hospital Tue Nov 15,10:26 AM ET

KOLKATA, India (Reuters) - A woman receiving treatment for diabetes at a state-run hospital in eastern India lost one of her eyes after ants nibbled away at it, officials said on Tuesday.

The patient recovering from a post-surgery infection shrieked for help as the ants attacked her on Sunday night, but nurses told her it was normal to feel pain from the infection.

On Monday, the patient's family saw a gaping hole with swarming ants in it when they lifted the bandage on her left eye.

Authorities of the Sambhunath Hospital in Kolkata said they were probing the incident.

"It's not uncommon for ants to attack diabetic patients. We have set up a committee to investigate the unfortunate incident," hospital superintendent A. Adhikary said.

Scampering rats and stray cats and dogs sharing bed space with patients are not uncommon sights at India's overcrowded state-run hospitals that are used by millions of poor and middle-class people.

Ignorance can be fixed, stupid is forever.
    edited November -1
    A husband and wife had been arguing over the usual stuff while driving home one day. As usual, the husband wasn't giving his wife much credit for her opinion. This time she had enough.
    He said, "Why is it you can be so beautiful, and so dumb?"
    She said, "God made me beautiful so that you would be attracted to me. He made me dumb so that I would be attracted to you!"
    edited November -1
    Big storm came thru 3 1/2 inches of Rain and about 45 minutes of large hail and the Wifes car took direct hit and looks bad. More storms headed our way tonight and no where to park to protect it since we at a friends house[:(][xx(]
    edited November -1
    WASHINGTON (UPI) - The U.S. Marine Corps has been ordered to draw up plans for coed boot camp and Officer Candidate School following a recent move to open up all combat roles to female military personnel.

U.S. Navy Secretary Ray Mabus sent the Jan. 1 memo to Marine Corps Commandant Gen. Robert Neller, requesting a "detailed plan" for integrating genders in the branch's entry-level training.

"In this submission, identify where, if anywhere, this training is already integrated, where it is separate, and specific steps that you will take to fully integrate these trainings," the Marine Corps Times quoted the memo as saying.

The plan is due Jan. 15 and is scheduled for implementation in April.

The same day, Mabus sent a second memo ordering a review of military occupational specialty titles to ensure they are gender neutral.

"The idea is not to go in there and change the name when `man' is incorporated as part of the term," an official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told the Times, referring to iconic titles such as "infantryman," "rifleman" or "midshipman."

". But when the word `man' appears as a separate word . they want that name to be changed," the official said.

The memo comes after U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter ordered all military occupational specialties open to women, without exceptions.

"They'll be allowed to drive tanks, fire mortars and lead infantry soldiers into combat," Carter said at the time. "They'll be able to serve as Army Rangers and Green Berets, Navy SEALs, Marine Corps infantry, Air Force parajumpers, and everything else that was previously open only to men."

Earlier calls for full gender integration in the U.S. military were met with the most resistance by the Marine Corps, which was the only branch to request that some combat fields remain closed to women.

Mabus rejected internal studies performed by the Marines that concluded mixed-gender groups performed less effectively than all-male units, saying biases toward women among those conducting the research steered the outcome.

In response, U.S. Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., wrote to Carter complaining that Mabus "openly disrespected the Marine Corps as an institution, and he insulted the competency of Marines by disregarding their professional judgment, their combat experience and their quality of leadership."

The Times quoted Commandant spokesman Lt. Col. Eric Dent as confirming the receipt of both letters and as saying the Marines are "working diligently to meet the intent of the Secretary of Defense's policy."
    edited November -1
    Well I guess I will miss a months work. While I was on my way home from AK on Tue. my wifes horse threw her and she shattered the bones in her lower right arm right where they connect to the wrist. I will have to stay home and help her. I will try and get on the putter occasionaly.
    Latter.[:(]
    edited November -1
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wife-cuts-off-husbands-BallPark Frank-throws-garbage-disposal/story?id=14055080
    Catherine Kieu Becker, 48, is under arrest for chopping off her husband's BallPark Frank and tossing it in the garbage disposal.

After she laced her husband's food with an unknown drug or poison, he lay down, believing something was wrong with the food, according to police reports. Her husband then woke up tied to the bed as Becker cut off his BallPark Frank with a knife. She then threw the genitalia in the garbage disposal and turned the disposal on, Lt. Jeff Nightengale of Garden Grove, Calif. police, said.

Nightengale said the couple is going through a divorce, but could not confirm why Becker wanted to cut off her husband's manhood.

Becker eventually called 911, asking for medical assistance. When firefighters and police arrived on scene, Becker told officials that her husband "deserved it," said Nightengale. Police found the man, who remains unidentified, tied to the bed and "bleeding profusely." Becker was arrested on several charges, including aggravated mayhem, false imprisonment and assault with a deadly weapon.

Her husband was rushed to University of California at Irvine Medical Center for treatment.

"He is in stable condition, but we have no details about the surgery," said Nightengale.

"Police were able to recover portions of the BallPark Frank from the garbage disposal," Nightengale noted, but it is unclear how much or whether doctors will be able to reattach them.

ABC News
    Catherine Kieu Becker was arrested on July... View Full Size

ABC News
    Catherine Kieu Becker was arrested on July 11, 2011, for allegedly tying her husband up and cutting off his BallPark Frank.
    "The immediate issue here is to control the bleeding," said Dr. Alasdair Conn, chief of emergency services at Massachusetts General Hospital, who said that the injury is quite unusual, even in the emergency room.

Upon his arrival, doctors need to tie off arteries and veins to stop the bleeding. Surgeons will attempt to maintain the remaining tissue and cover the wound so it does not get infected, Conn said.

If the BallPark Frank is available to reattach, Dr. Ryan Terlecki, assistant professor surgical sciences-urology at Wake Forest University, said it should be wrapped in saline-soaked gauze, placed in a plastic bag, and the bag then should be placed in an ice bath to keep cold.

"Time is of the essence for a re-implant," said Terlecki, who has performed a handful of such procedures. "It's best to reattach it within 24 hours, preferably less than eight hours."

Doctors then reconstruct the nerve arteries and veins, while also putting the erectile tissue back together.

Urine control will not likely be affected because the muscle that causes the sensation to go to the bathroom is outside of the bladder. That muscle probably went untouched during the assault, Conn said, but a Foley catheter will likely be inserted into the bladder to drain urine, which is also "a relatively straightforward procedure."

If doctors cannot reattach the original BallPark Frank, Conn said, "over the next few days, surgeons have to decide what to do to reconstruct the BallPark Frank. Plastic surgeons who specialize in transgender operations may be able to construct a new BallPark Frank."

Terlecki said that the BallPark Frank is recreated by grafting tissue from another part of the body and then augmented with a penile prosthetic.

With the prosthetic, a man can still "urinate and have sexual relations and *.There's usually not the same force of ejaculation, but plumbing for that purpose is still intact."
    edited November -1
    Just got through loading 16 boxes of .410 on a single stage press. My arm is in serious pain. [8)] 6 pulls of the handle for every shell..
    edited November -1
    Clinton also said he found Obama's approach to the deficit "a little confusing."

"I personally don't believe we ought to be raising taxes or cutting spending until we get this economy off the ground," said Clinton, a former Arkansas governor thought to hail from the moderate wing of the Democratic Party. "If we cut government spending, which I normally would be very inclined to do when the deficit's this big, with interest rates already near zero you can't get the benefits out of it."
    [:D][}:)][V]
    edited November -1
    Updated information on the Anthem Data Breach:
    News reports say the breach could affect as many as 80 million customers.
    According to Anthem, the attackers obtained personal information from both current and former members, including names, birthdates, medical IDs, Social Security numbers, street addresses, email addresses and employment information, including income data.
    Anthem reported, that based on what they know, that there is no evidence that credit card or medical information was targeted or compromised.
    The Anthem plans/brands affected by the breach, according to Anthem, are: Anthem Blue Cross, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia, Empire Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Amerigroup, Caremore, Unicare, Healthlink, and DeCare.
    Anthem said it will individually notify current and former members whose information has been accessed.
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    i just got reminded of a GARAND THUMB[B)][B)][:0][B)][B)]damn that hurts.
    well i put my H&R back up will play with it some other time[:D][:I][:I][:I][:I][B)]
    edited November -1
    quote:THINK THIS LADY IS PISSED?

Alan Simpson, the Senator from Wyoming calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security " to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. Here's a response in a letter from PATTY MYERS in Montana ... I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is!

"Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight!!!
    1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS.

2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).

3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.

4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and "your ilk" pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your "shill commission" are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.

5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now "you morons" propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because "you idiots" mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from Medicare to pay the bills.

6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you "incompetent buzzards" spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
    To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "cow cookies" to your incompetence.

Well, Captain cow cookies, I have a few questions for YOU:

1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?

2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?

3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?

4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?

It is you, Captain cow cookies, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase thieves who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.

And for what? Votes and your job and retirement security at our expense, you lunk-headed, leech. That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic, political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it. And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a *.

P.S. And stop calling Social Security benefits "entitlements". WHAT AN INSULT!!!!

I have been paying in to the SS system for 45 years "It's my money"-give it back to me the way the system was designed and stop patting yourself on the back like you are being generous by doling out these monthly checks .

EVERYONE!! If you agree with Patty Myers, says, please PASS IT ON!!!!
    edited November -1
    The plantar wart on the bottom of my foot has now been frozen four times, bathed in Compound W more times than I can count, and dug clean out and then burned once. And it's still there, nasty as can be.

Today the doctor smeared on something extracted from a blister beetle. He used the wooden end of the Q-tip, and smeared on half of nothing. I told him he'd need to put on a lot more than that, and he assured me he'd put on enough. I left sure that I'd been done wrong.

Now, seven hours later with a hot coal slowly burning into the bottom of my foot, I can only wonder what in nature would be bad enough to f with a blister beetle.