In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I'm being stalked on my computer.

ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
Sometimes I can be a bit slow on the upswing..I just noticed that when I read on line newspapers or go to various web sites that side bar adds follow me.

Last week I was looking for a pair of boots on line...I didn't buy any...I just noticed a sidebar add from one of the shoe websites that
stated it missed me....kind of creepy.[:p]

Comments

• Options
    RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    The sidebar ads are probably part of a browser add-on or extension you picked up somewhere. In Firefox, you can go to tools -> Add-Ons to see a list of installed extensions and delete the adware.
  • Options
    AzhunterAzhunter Member Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you have firefox, go to tools, then options then privacy. Select the top option that says "tell sites I don't want to be tracked". Then go down and click the button that says " show cookies". Once that page displays click the button that says "delete all cookies", and that should take care of this and future problems.

If you're not using firefox,download and start using it immediately.[8D]