In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Man servant duties

dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
Have two walking wounded at the house now.
My bride came home from hospital yesterday with two new rods, six screws and two cages and two screws installed in her lower back. Will be down for a while.
But all she can speak of is wondering how soon she can get back on her horses to get them legged up so they will be ready to barrel race when she goes to Arizona in January and February.

Grandson has right arm in support sling after a bull kicked him and dislocated right shoulder and put a big crack in his arm at the humeral head, thank goodness it is his free arm and not his riding arm that he uses in his bull rope and bronc rein.
Downside is, it is his shooting side and our Wyoming deer hunt is just around the corner on Sept 15th and also we were just getting ready to start weekly practices for high school rodeo trapshooting and will keep him out of team roping practice for quite awhile also.
Guess they will get used to simple meals during their receauperation time.

Mule

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,620 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Dang, get better, everybody! You be careful mule, you're in charge now![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    First sunrise at home and she woke up being Patton reincarnate. [:D]

Mule
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your wife and I have the identical back. Tell her to start walking as much as she can and to make sure she doesn't wear the back brace too long. It wears down your muscles and they start to rely on it for support. The more I walked and moved, the better I felt. Took about 3 months to feel okay and 11 months to be working and playing hard again. I tried to race my quad after three weeks, because i felt good, "pain Meds" and it cost me two broken implants and trip back to the OR, for some body work[V] She might feel good, but she has to remember, they cut all the muscles in her back and front, and they take time to repair themselves. If she wants any info, tell your wife to contact me. Oakie
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PS, also tell your wife, if she still has leg or buttox pain after a while, it is probably scar tissue and it will heal after time. If not, he might have to remove some. Give it time.
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THIS IS A TEST**THIS IS A TEST**
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D]lolquote:Originally posted by dpmule
    First sunrise at home and she woke up being Patton reincarnate. [:D]

Mule
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    Your wife and I have the identical back. Tell her to start walking as much as she can and to make sure she doesn't wear the back brace too long. It wears down your muscles and they start to rely on it for support. The more I walked and moved, the better I felt. Took about 3 months to feel okay and 11 months to be working and playing hard again. I tried to race my quad after three weeks, because i felt good, "pain Meds" and it cost me two broken implants and trip back to the OR, for some body work[V] She might feel good, but she has to remember, they cut all the muscles in her back and front, and they take time to repair themselves. If she wants any info, tell your wife to contact me. Oakie

Thanks John, you remember a few years back we flew back there to get an 2nd opinion from Dr Orrin K Atlas?
    He helped her quite a bit, but assured us that with the degenerative disc problem , future surgeries were going to be necessary when the pain got intolerable and affected everyday life.
    Going to try my best to keep her off horses until at least December, but I know that will be a chore as she wants to be back to barrel racing by late January.
    The rods in her neck cause her some stiffness, which she has been able to adjust her riding too. not sure how these two in lower back will limit her movement in the saddle, may end up having to get her a custom one with deeper seat and higher cantle for more support.
    Not much slows her down for long.
    Oh, and she is not in a brace of any kind at this point.

Mule