In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That has to be the most boring race footage I've ever watched.
    [xx(]barto[xx(]
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I-75 is a lot more exciting than that race. [:D]
  • Options
    320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I75 can be pretty dicey trying to get around all the left lane nesters. Funny, it's usually kids, blacks, or foreigners holding up traffic. Didn't take drivers ed huh?
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bill Elliot told us one time he would rather drive on the track than I-285 around Atlanta. Coming home from the beach last night was STUPID. I was cruising 80 in one of the middle lanes and people were passing me like I was standing still.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a horror show since they think obozo gave 'em immunity.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    Bill Elliot told us one time he would rather drive on the track than I-285 around Atlanta. Coming home from the beach last night was STUPID. I was cruising 80 in one of the middle lanes and people were passing me like I was standing still.

I used to drive up I-285 east to work every morning for 3 years when I was doing work for DeKalb County Schools. You either went 45 or 90+ mph just according to which lane was the designated fast lane for the morning. I'd wait for a train of cars to come by doing 90 and fall in behind them. Woe be unto anyone that dares moving into the lane that train of cars was using. Trying to go slow would get you killed by the cars coming up on your rear doing twice the speed that you are. It was a white knuckle experience every morning.

Luckily I only got hit one time and that was by an 18 wheeler while I was sitting still on an exit at Hudson Bridge Rd. which is below I-285 on I-75. It tore the quarter panel and rear bumper off of my car but I survived with no injuries.

When I was working for TVA in North Alabama at Widows Creek Steam Plant we had a guy I had worked with for several years that took a job for another company in Atlanta. He came back and begged our boss for his job back within just a few months. He said he feared for his life and that he was going to get killed in that traffic and wanted to come back home. At the time I thought he was just exaggerating, little did I know he was exactly right.