In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trump voted the most ballzy President in History !

droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
That's my opinion but what would be more ballzy than: President Donald Trump has told Congress he is canceling a pay raise that most civilian federal employees were due to receive in January, citing budgetary constraints.

Their immediate reaction: crying.gif

Trump says in the letter that locality pay increases would cost $25 billion, on top of a 2.1 percent across-the-board increase for most civilian government employees.

A BILLION saved is a BILLION earned. Think there are steamy hot bubbles coming to the top of the D.C. swamp. Who knows, maybe they'll quit? Personally would look both ways before crossing the hallways.[:0]

There were some smiling faces on FOX.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trump-cancels-pay-raise-due-federal-workers-in-january

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by droptop
    That's my opinion but what would be more ballzy than: President Donald Trump has told Congress he is canceling a pay raise that most civilian federal employees were due to receive in January, citing budgetary constraints.

Trump is making a nice try, but FDR's Government Economy Act not only eliminated pay raises for Congress, government employees, and the military, he cut their pay by a whopping 15 percent (yes, 15%), and slashed veterans' benefits by 50 percent. Veterans benefits constituted a quarter of the federal budget at the time. The veterans sued and (eventually) had their lost benefits restored, but the rank and file government workers were SOL.
  • minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    quote:Originally posted by droptop

Trump is making a nice try, but FDR's Government Economy Act The veterans sued and (eventually) had their lost benefits restored, but the rank and file government workers were SOL.

Only because Congress overruled his veto.
    (Bonus army)
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He probably should have waited until after the mid-terms to announce this one. Republican candidates all around the DC region just lost potential voters.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    He probably should have waited until after the mid-terms to announce this one. Republican candidates all around the DC region just lost potential voters.

Yea,...not the most brilliant timing for sure.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

more than likely they were democrats anyway, I am sure they will pick up a few votes in other parts of the country, if this is only brought to light by the news organizations.......
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is good. If they dont like it they are free to find gainfull employment elsewhere.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys disappoint me, falling for the Draft Dodger's line of BS.

The cost of the 2 million civilian federal employees is insignificant, compared to the cost of the 8.5 million contractors working for the federal government. There is no limit to their salaries, or to the profits that the Draft Dodger's buddies accrue from owning the contracting companies.

Neal
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers

The cost of the 2 million civilian federal employees is insignificant, compared to the cost of the 8.5 million contractors working for the federal government. There is no limit to their salaries, or to the profits that the Draft Dodger's buddies accrue from owning the contracting companies.

Neal

is it the perfect answer, no

is it a good start, yes
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Neal

I'll tell you what, if you feel that way about it. Why don't you put up the 25 BILLION dollars out of your own pocket and tell me that it's insignificant, because I was going to have to put up my share of that 25 billion. So if you put up that 25 billion then none of us has any right to complain about how much it would have cost each one of us individual taxpayers... Because to me and everybody else that is not on a government handout and has to pay taxes, 25 billion dollars IS significant...

So you go ahead and put up that 25 billion dollarss, and none of us will rejoice that the person that is making America great again one step at a time saved us 25 billion dollars.

Until then, I and every taxpayer really don't want to hear your complaints about him saving us 25 billion dollars...
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How much money did obamma save when he put over 5000 out of work overnight and gave away billions of $$ worth of equipment to the Iraqis?
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got watch first hand what Chavez did to DESTROY Venezuela. Just before one of his elections he gave government employees a month or more off, with pay and raises. Did I mention a Free house and other goodies?

Hope folks have paid attention to what a REAL Social.ist does and how he acts.

Nope, rather live in a country where the President and government TRY to manage our money and right some wrongs, rather than buying votes.

2012 article, gosh I'm glad there is an internet that doesn't forget what happened, although the Masters of the Universe try to hide a lot of things,, probably "accidental erasing" comes next.

https://qz.com/8391/in-venezuela-its-easy-to-vote-for-chavez-after-he-gives-you-a-house/
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Neal

BS!