In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sears---rant

beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
Went to a local Sears Parts Direct store about 2 weeks ago and ordered some parts for my Craftsman mower. All 3 were on backorder. Last week I found the parts elsewhere online and bought them (already received) then I called Sears and cancelled the order. Checked the order online and it stated "cancellation requested". Today Sears shipped the parts. I called them today, gave them a piece if my mind, and got them to issue me a RMA for the 3 parts. No customer service. No wonder Sears is going broke.
0M9InwN.gif[

Comments

• Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    They NEVER have what U want in stock!! QUIT EVEN TRYING YEARS AGO..
  • Options
    craigroopcraigroop Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41

The store here is one that got busted taking freon from cars in the winter[:0]
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ..The Sears parts store in my area doesn't usually deal at all with the public. They ship to the store. I coaxed the phone no. from a Sears employee I knew. When I called the parts store, The "nice" lady on the phone demanded to know how I got their phone number! They will deal with walk-ins but don't want to be called, and no, whatever you want is never in stock. Weird way to do business..[:(!]
  • Options
    TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sears started to go down when they got rid of the little C stores in small towns.
    Then they ended the catalog business. That was almost half their sales.
    I worked for Sears and Roebuck, Co. when they did those 2 things in the early 80's.
    We saw our in store sales fall when they closed the catalog division.
    Then they bought off the Roebuck side and took the name away.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The sad thing is that the catalog model that Sears thrived on for years is now what is killing them since they backed away from it.

The transition from catalog to online would have been seamless had they held onto it for another 15 years or so.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't Sears owned by Kameapart (K-Mart) now?

That would explain it.
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sears is having problems... They need better managment.
  • Options
    JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am so sad about Sears. You used to get American made tools, great warranty, and a good product. They still have some good stuff, but it is not what it was. Times change....
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41

The one up the road from the office used to, then it was just easier to order them online. Last time I went up there the whole store was gone. It got rolled into the big K mart across from the big chicken.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sears is a joke. Kmart ownes them and I have not been in a Kmart that looked like it was doing good business in about 20 years.
    RLTW

• Options
    TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    Sears is a joke. Kmart ownes them and I have not been in a Kmart that looked like it was doing good business in about 20 years.

Actually Kmart does not own Sears. Both Sears and Kmart are owned by, Sears Holding.
    Sears Holding is a totally independent company from either.
  • Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I grew up a believer, but they have crappy service, poor selection, and are generally not trustworthy. Capitalism is a about letting those who fail to adapt perish. Stop going there...let them die.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,000 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    agree,,
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I find a lot of the parts I need at the local Sears Parts Dept. People there are very nice. However, if I have to order something, I always look at other sources. Last week, I needed a switch for my lawn tractor, PTO for the mower deck. Checked Sears, part was $35 + $7 shipping. I found the same part for $15.99 and free shipping.
    Got it in 3 days.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jgreen
    I am so sad about Sears. You used to get American made tools, great warranty, and a good product. They still have some good stuff, but it is not what it was. Times change....

You could say the same thing about Walmart. Times change indeed. I can't find American made anything anymore. Welcome to the New World economy part of the New World Order.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    needed a battery allways bought sears die hards...they tryed to sell me a battery that had been on the shelf for 2 years[:0]