In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

missouri flood st louis crossing I70

fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
edited January 2016 in General Discussion
anyone in the st louis area know if I70 is open to cross into IL, got trapped on the wrong side of the mississipi during the holiday need to cross on sat, all ready have to go some miles out of my way to go north to hit I70 ,,I44 os closed near st louie

Comments

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes its open, don't forget there is a new bridge and the exit is about 3 miles closer than the old poplar street exit
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i asked the same question to my Missouri friends this morning... as it stands now I-70 from the airport to downtown has no problems. I 64 from downtown to Mt vernon Il has no problems. I-70 and I-270, plus I 55 on the Illinois side has several places closed and detoured in the metro area. anything in South county Missouri is very dicey, and from Arnold to Barnhart on 141 has many places closed.anything along the Meramac river is closed for the most part...www.modot.org for missouri road closures. not sure about illinois yet. but for the most part the interstate closures are small and have been detoured successfully.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't think 55 on the il side is closed anywhere, 55 at Arnold was closed for a bit

http://www.idot.illinois.gov/home/Comm/emergency-road-closures

edit: 44 is closed from valley park to eureka, not sure if 70 would be the shortest route coming from down 44
  • Options
    edited November -1
    around the 34 mile marker on 55 my buddy was coming thru there and said water was up to the shoulder in a couple places.. springfield area has a bunch of similar high water areas but i guess it hasnt risen to the closure level yet.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would anyone want to go to ST Louis[:0][B)][}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    he is wanting to LEAVE![:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    iit seems i have to go north on us 49 to I70 to go across the state to st louie need to cross on i70/270 to go into ill coming out of oklahoma i44 and I55 closed,need to go to indy and back to mich,hard to find info on the state web site,, i usually go 44 to 55 to 70 thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    they just reopened north bound 55 at Arnold
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fordsix
    iit seems i have to go north on us 49 to I70 to go across the state to st louie need to cross on i70/270 to go into ill coming out of oklahoma i44 and I55 closed,need to go to indy and back to mich,hard to find info on the state web site,, i usually go 44 to 55 to 70 thanks

there are a dozen shorter ways than 49-70

what time sat are you coming through?

I say that so you can check back and see if its open
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig
    Why would anyone want to go to ST Louis[:0][B)][}:)]

For the nighttime activities....[}:)][}:)][}:)]
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    should be getting close to LOOT TIME!! Maybe he wants a new flat screen or fancy tennis shoes
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
    man what a mess,,[:(][:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i start the drive when i feel ok want to go thru in daylight,,the 49/I70 is what is recommended right now,,need HIway so i can do 75/80mph trip os 900 miles detour is going to add to travel time[:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just did a map from my home to joplin mo

44 would be 296 miles 4 hours 40 minutes

49-70 385 miles 6 hours 3 minutes

44 to hwy 30 at stclair to mm in house springs to 55 at barnhart its 312 miles at 5 hours 3 minutes
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    St. Louis to Joplin 44 is the fastest way. Also the straightest way (on land).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    St. Louis to Joplin 44 is the fastest way. Also the straightest way (on land).

it is currently closed due to flooding
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://fox2now.com/2016/01/01/major-st-louis-highways-expected-to-reopen-after-flooding/

VALLEY PARK, MO (KTVI) - The rivers have crested but the danger continues as the water slowly recedes. All lanes of I-55 are now open. MoDOT all lanes of I-44 are also open. All interstates in Missouri are now clear for traffic.

The MoDOT representative says it could still be a few days before the water clears from 141 and crews can start the cleanup process there. That road is still closed. Also closed are routes 30 and 21.

MoDOT says it will take crews awhile to clean everything up from all the flooding.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    looks like i can get thru st louie 55/44/to i70[^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    crossed the miss river at st louie about 4pm sat everything looked peacefull???? all roads open where was the hoopla?????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    could you see the 50 or so steps leading up to the Arch from the river? i didn't think so
  • Options
    edited November -1
    did you see this anywhere on your travels?
    10366119_10208605789004788_1684079395690255114_n%202_zpsjqtywcih.jpg
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone know if Ferguson is okay???? Was thinking of taking a trip there to check on some businesses, that recently went up for sale. Fire sale or something like that[:D]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i wouldn't go to ferguson if i won it on wheel of fortune....well, unless i could go and designate the boundaries as a bombing practice area...for later that evening
  • Options
    edited November -1
    fergietown is high ground....no floodingquote:Originally posted by Oakie
    Anyone know if Ferguson is okay???? Was thinking of taking a trip there to check on some businesses, that recently went up for sale. Fire sale or something like that[:D]
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad
    fergietown is high ground....no floodingquote:Originally posted by Oakie

sewage floats
  • Options
    edited November -1
    if fergie floods then you best be looking for Noah
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i could see the arch in a distance but the river at the 44/55 was below the banks i could not see any flooding and i was looking[?]