In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I gotta quit reading opinion section

204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
edited December 2015 in General Discussion
I always turn straight to the opinion section of the newspaper. The Lexington herald here in Kentucky is like most. Its very liberal. Seems everytime I read it. You have a letter from some idiot gun control freak that makes no sense whatsoever. Guy said today that he had shot an AK-4. And didn't see any reason anyone needed them. Woman awhile back said gun shows, gun shops shouldn't be aloud to sale any guns. Except hunting guns. Where do these people come from. I cant take it anymore. Do you guys see the same stuff from your papers

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    And I have submitted my opinion many times. Funny how it never gets printed.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    do not get the paper any more . but it was common
    too bad the editor still gets to pick and choose which letter gets printed [:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We don't see it from the "Letters to the Editor", but see it in the editorials by the papers staff[:(!]
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    edited November -1
    www.roanoke.com/editorial

Barely a day goes by without an editorial letter to the editor that is anti gun.
    The paper has bled money for years, but apparently they don't care.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I still laugh when I think of how the Lexington herald leader endorsed jack Conway for governor. And their polls showed he had a large lead. Then when Matt Bevin won. They said they were going to revamp the way they did their polling. The state of Kentucky changes drastically from north to south. But the north is creeping down.
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    for a couple of years I was asked from time to time to do a guest editorial for our local paper. I got death threats after one about a local open pit gold mine and another time some yahoo came into my wifes' business and started yelling at her. Some folks get pretty worked up about somebody elses opinion.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Im all for other peoples opinions......as long as they line up with mine.
  • Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our local paper has an online edition. There's a comment section below the editorials. That's where the entertainment is.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 204targetman
    And I have submitted my opinion many times. Funny how it never gets printed.

Several points:

Liberal DEMOCRATS go into a state of shock when they find there are those who do disagree or have different opinions than theirs.

Liberal DEMOCRATS also refuse to recognize or accept truth if the truth is contrary to what they believe in. Even if the truth is proven beyond reasonable doubt.

The DEMOCRAT party is waging a war on guns and since practically all newspapers are DEMOCRAT controlled, you can expect newspapers to toe the DEMOCRAT party line and disparage guns and gun owners.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    same idiots that think meat is made on a store