In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Not even safe from the creeps in Yellowstone

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
Too bad this creep is still able to walk [:(!]

http://www.kbzk.com/story/38731452/woman-man-assaulted-in-mammoth-hot-springs-bathroom?clienttype=smartdevice

A man who reportedly wrapped toilet paper around his neck and face then assaulted a woman in a bathroom stall in Yellowstone National Park is facing assault charges.

According to charging documents, on July 18, 2018, park rangers responded to a 911 call of a sexual assault in progress. While responding, multiple 911 calls were received about an assault between two men. Emergency Medical Services were also paged out for multiple injuries.

One of the men, Jackson Coombs, was identified as the man who reportedly assaulted a woman on the women?s side of the community bathrooms near the cabins on Cottage Lane.

Coombs is facing two charges of assault with a dangerous weapon after he allegedly sprayed bear spray on the woman and her boyfriend, who had responded to her calls for help.

Comments

• Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still no CCW in National Parks?
  • Options
    204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    Parks seem to be hot spots for weird people. We have had two parks near where I live that have been about taken over by the happy people, and their perverted life styles.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by US Military Guy
    Still no CCW in National Parks?

Perfectly legal to carry in the park, just cannot use it. The allowance is just to transport across the park according to park regs.
  • Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last time I was visiting several national parks on vacation you could carry..EXCEPT.. you were informed by many signs that you could not enter any building while doing so.
    Carry was limited to outdoors only.
  • Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    But how would they know?[:D][;)]

quote:Originally posted by TANK78Z
    Last time I was visiting several national parks on vacation you could carry..EXCEPT.. you were informed by many signs that you could not enter any building while doing so.
    Carry was limited to outdoors only.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whether they know or not, Federal Law, no firearms in Federal Buildings. Courts, Post Office, Recruiting Office, Social Security Admin. Park buildings.

Your choice, I have a locked steel box bolted to the floor of my truck.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "But how would they know?"
    Regardless, it's the law and violation may/will cost you your CCW card in many states.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    "But how would they know?"
    Regardless, it's the law and violation may/will cost you your CCW card in many states.

Lawsuit will fix that "requirement", if it's true. Someone will get "assaulted" and couldn't arm themselves. Attorneys can accidently do good, not all of them, there's always 99% who ruin it for the others.[:D]
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    horny bison[:I]