In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CRX Pics/For Jake!

SuburbanNoizeSuburbanNoize Member Posts: 10,142
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
When we first got the car, No motor, no trans.

1988 CRX SI
CRX.jpg

CRXBefore.jpg

All the parts needed to make the motor we chose fit into this 1800 pound car.

P1010001-2.jpg
Hasport Motor Mounts.

P1010002-1.jpg
Hasport Shift Linkage

P1010007-1.jpg
The CRX is orginally a cable trans car, but the trans that we want to use is a hydro trans, so this is a cable to hydro conversion kit.

P1010008-1.jpg
P1010009-1.jpg
P1010015-1.jpg
This motor pictured above is our 2001 Acura Integra Type R motor. It is a JDM motor. JDM is Japanese Domestic Market. There are tons of parts and cars in japan, that we dont have here in america. There is an American integra type r engine, but it does not produce as much HP as this motor. The compression on both motors is different. the US Integra type r motors compression is 11:1. My JDM engines compression is 11.5:1. Not much but its nice to have. The JDM motor has stuff thats a little different, like a 4-1 header (better), whereas the US motor has a 4-2-1 header. We had to motor shipped from japan to canada, and from canada to us here in FL. The motor has 40K miles on it.

Cleaned up the seems in the engine bay.
Before
Seams1.jpg

After
Seams2.jpg

Engine Bay
Before
CRXBefore3.jpg

After
BayAfter.jpg

Motors IN!
CRX1.jpg

CRX2.jpg

CRX3.jpg

CRX4.jpg

CRX5.jpg

Heres a few pics I forgot.
Greddy SP2 Exhaust
DSCF0675.jpg

Stainless Steel Brake Lines
DSCF0679.jpg

Full Race Radiator
DSCF0660.jpg

Skunk2 Short Shifter
DSCF0664.jpg

The Car is a candidate for a feature article in import tuner magazine! My real good Friend Terry of T&C Racing is helping with all the work.

Comments