In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Denver??

haroldchrismeyerharoldchrismeyer Member Posts: 2,213
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
Considering a change, thought about Denver. I know about some of the plusses, anyone tell me about the negatives?? Not downtown of course, one of the outlying suburbs, probably north.

Comments

• Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't help you, except to say one of my favorite restaurants is in Denver, The Buckhorn Exchange; we go there evertime we are in town. Interestingly, it has liquor license Number One in the State of Colorado and was founded in 1893.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    they get snow [;)]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Traffic sucks, but I guess that is a relative thing and depends upon where you are now. If you are from a town of 30,000 you won't like it.
  • Options
    swampgutswampgut Member Posts: 5,555
    edited November -1
    Denver has over 300 days a year of sunshine.

They get some snow but it's not as bad as everybody tends to think.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by swampgut
    Denver has over 300 days a year of sunshine.

They get some snow but it's not as bad as everybody tends to think.

True, the mountains suck up most of the moisture. Denver is the starting line for the high plains, basically desert. Denver is best described as an "overgrown cow-town". So, with a good cross-section of people, most are pretty friendly. I lived there for 5 years in the 90's, when I was in my early 20's. I wouldn't go back. But I prefer more rural living, so I am 2 hours away. Would like to be closer to the mountains, or in them, but not Denver or any of the major cities along the front range. Maybe nearby, but not in them. Best of luck.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    I hope you like enchiladas. [:D]

Total population 554,636 100.0%

Mexican 120,664 21.8%
    Other Hispanic or Latino 52,739 9.5%
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Used to live in Castle Rock, office in Aurora. Denver area- extremely DRY climate, air quality very poor, traffic sux, check cost of living compared to where you are. Incredibly LIBERAL politicians. Good scenery. Alitude DOES take getting used to.
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    you will be with T-e-b-o-w...[:D]