In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Screaming kids,..............

2»

Comments

• Options
    victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    When I sit down to eat no small rug rat had better make me angry, period. My children and my grand children learned that real quick. I've seen my share of two year old children think they were to cute to get spanked, but then that was before we became a genteel society.[}:)[:(!]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    So you ratted on them to the manager. Why didn't you just get up and move?
    Perfectly appropriate, quite unlike your previous threat to report constitution and liberty advocates here on the forum, to the Dept of Homeland Security.

Sneaking yellow rat-bassturd that you seem to be.[;)]
  • Options
    KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    I can't stand kids that scream and cry. When my kids were that age I punched them in the throat if they screamed in public.

On a serious note all it took me to get my kids to zip it was THE LOOK. That is probally one of the things about being a parent that cracks me up the most. I stop my kids in mid stride all the time with THE LOOK just for personal laughs. They usually stand there and look around then get wide eyed and ask "what?" over and over. HAHA

I really don't like loud kids when I'm paying to eat some where or even worse in a movie. Now to think of it, I haven't been to a movie in years.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by garanch
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    So you ratted on them to the manager. Why didn't you just get up and move?

So you just tolerate rude behavior?

I bet you don't mind loud talking and cell phones ringing at a movie or worst yet at a funeral.

It was not his place to have to move. It was his place to tell the rude SOB's to control their out of control kids.

I agree with Garanch. Select-Fire, this is a ridiculous statement--I hope you're joking. If Marc went to eat, and was there FIRST, why the HECK should he have to move if someone ELSE is being disruptive? I think we're too afraid of others to do the right thing--and he did the right thing. Tell them to control their kids.

If more parents put some PARENTAL control on their kids, we'd have a better society. And this apathetic family is one reason our society is going to heck in a handbasket.

"Just move"? Wrong. "Ratted on them?" Wrong interpretation.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Confronting rude or unacceptable public behavior is a necessary thing.

Barring that, how then are the parents and crumb-snatchers to be made aware that certain behavior is not acceptable in public, or that they have to be accountable for their actions and those of their charges?

If people do not appropriately confront it at their level, what is left when things continue or progress to a higher level...ask the government to intervene (police)?

We have evolved into an observer society, expecting or demanding that someone else, usually government via a law/ordinance or police intervention, address nearly all issues.

Well done Mark. In my book, your action makes you a responsible citizen.
  • Options
    ForkliftkingForkliftking Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not too long ago, a 2 year old boy sitting next to us got up and walked to our table. He looked at me and called me daddy. The look on my wifes face and the face of the mother of the child was priceless. I couldn't help but laugh. [:D]
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo
    quote:Originally posted by BTDT
    I wonder how Don would have handled it. [:X]

I wouldn't set foot in Chili's with my girlfriend....
    Don

Your wife says your girlfriend is a Waffle House type....Don
    [:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forkliftking
    Not too long ago, a 2 year old boy sitting next to us got up and walked to our table. He looked at me and called me daddy. The look on my wifes face and the face of the mother of the child was priceless. I couldn't help but laugh. [:D]

This must happen a lot, I was in a similar situation but I looked at the mom who was 10 years younger than me and said, no such luck.

She smiled, Blushed, and wandered away.

My G/F at the time was not upset, she expect that kind of stuff from me.[:D]
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow,......lots of replies. This must happen a lot.

First off I asked the people 'politely' if they could bring their kids under control.

WTH do some of you think a person should do when you try that, and the mother tells you to go screw yourself?

After that I simply asked the manager to be moved. Being as I know him, he asked me what was wrong. How is that 'ratting' someone out?

Also this was not McDonalds where you just get up and move to eat your Big Mac. I had a waitress that had taken our order, and already had our drinks on the table. You don't just get up and move across the restaurant without asking to be moved.

Normally I don't pay much attention to noise, but this was not kids having fun,.....this was madhouse screaming. Plus I guess I don't like somebody elses kid tugging at the back of my head. If you do, more power to you.

If the few of you that think I handled this wrong, can't tell that the parents were low class 'pigs' of human beings, by the mothers language in a public place,.....I guess we are totally different kinds of folks.[;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Concerning the OP did you happen to notice an Obama bumper sticker on their car?

If I was ever out in public and my son was crying in a disruptive manner I would leave without being asked to, not to mention being uncivilized in the manner these barbarians were.
    I don't cuss in front of children even if their parents do.
    With that said my son was very good as a child and seldomly cried.
    My mother told me I was the same way when I was a child.

And no I don't have an Obama bumper sticker on my vehicle.
    DS
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    Concerning the OP did you happen to notice an Obama bumper sticker on their car?

If I was ever out in public and my son was crying in a disruptive manner I would leave without being asked to, not to mention being uncivilized in the manner these barbarians were.
    I don't cuss in front of children even if their parents do.
    With that said my son was very good as a child and seldomly cried.
    My mother told me I was the same way when I was a child.

And no I don't have an Obama bumper sticker on my vehicle.
    DS

Then we were very much alike as kids.
    My mother told me I had one 'tantrum' in a store,.....can't remember how old I was.

Needless to say I got a fast trip home, and a red butt for my trouble![:D]

After that she said I was a little angel that could be taken anywhere.[^]

Of course that was a different time.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner