In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Password savers

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
Does anyone here use a password saver/auto filler? I am looking for a reliable one....

Comments

• Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    I use teh one built into firefox. I wouldn't trust the one built into Internet Explorer
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Have to use IE because most lenders websites do not allow access thru firefox... but thanks...
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use the one provided with Norton Internet Security.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.roboform.com/

I have been using this one for years.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pencil and a post-it-pad. if you want it to be permanent use ink pen.[;)]
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Have to use IE because most lenders websites do not allow access thru firefox... but thanks...

Every site I've ever been to, have allowed password-saving through FireFox - I guess I'm a member of 50-60 sites or more.

You might not have updated it then... as FireFox 3.0.3 doesn't have any problems at all.

Besides that - the programming of FireFox is safer than I.E.
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    auto fillers are a great way to get your identity stolen

keep in mind they auto fill everything

I don't use them for banks,bills, anything that could potentially lead a idiot thief into my personal or finacial life

those are kept written down on a tablet and then locked up in the fire box and then put into the safe

All the online forums and stupid chit is all the same user name and pswd
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Odawgp

I don't use them for banks,bills, anything that could potentially lead a idiot thief into my personal or finacial life

those are kept written down on a tablet and then locked up in the fire box and then put into the safe

The one I posted above encrypts all of the info, and actually generates secure passwords, unlike what most pull out of their rears.

As I said,.....I have used it for years, and have never had my identity stolen so far.

BUT,.......I DO close down the window after logging onto an important site, and also clear my cache. Should be common sense for anyone regardless of their log-in method.
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

The one I posted above encrypts all of the info, and actually generates secure passwords, unlike what most pull out of their rears.

As I said,.....I have used it for years, and have never had my identity stolen so far.

BUT,.......I DO close down the window after logging onto an important site, and also clear my cache. Should be common sense for anyone regardless of their log-in method.

Those are the only ones I can remember [:D]

the way things are going we won't need them to log onto banks there wont be any [:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

Those are the only ones I can remember [:D]
    the way things are going we won't need them to log onto banks there wont be any [:I]

[:D][:D]

I do the same thing as you for sites like this that I don't really care about.

I just have too many accounts that are important to use your paper method!

I always generate passwords like: 6Gm19qP3F,......example.
    Try to remember a dozen of those![:0][8D]

Also that program lets you print off a list of log-ins, and passwords, that you CAN store in your safe!