In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gas price hike again

TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in General Discussion
Just went up again 18 cents today and makes about 40 cents a gallon for UNLEADED in 2 weeks[V][xx(][:(][:(!]

Comments

• Options
    randomnutrandomnut Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a start!

I don't want 4$ gas again, but I can't afford to fill up much longer at $28.
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Because of the switch from winter to summer gas I am guessing
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it dropped 4 cents here.. $1.649
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last Thursday in Marina, CA Chevron I think I paid $2.50 a gallon. I think 7/11 was $2.20? Since then I think they went to "Summer Blend" so I reckon it's up close to $3.00 again.
  • Options
    o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    1.39 @ Costco today in Pharr Tx
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard on the radio the Saudi Arabia's goal is to drive oil down to $20 barrel. They are doing their best to bleed Russian and Iran to death. It is working in Russia, their economy is in tatters from what I understand. My guess is there will be a war before long to force the price of oil up.
  • Options
    godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dropped 10 cents a gallon here to 1.69
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been stable here at NJ shore around 1.49 gal unleaded reg...[8]
  • Options
    KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    Hoping it goes up. Upwards 60% of my coworkers for the company I work for have gotten laid off. They quit contributing to our 401k, and no we have 10% pay cuts on top of it all. I'm making less on my pay check then I did 11 years ago the day I got hired. I'm making less then half what I used to make before this slowdown.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Up to $1.69 here in S.E.,WI and we don't have the summer blend yet which will jack it up more.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It annoys me to no end all these falsely inflated prices. Here in Oklahoma, gas goes up, every company goes 150% and buys, drills, fracks, etc. Then, price goes down, lay everyone off and whine on TV about the low prices of gas.
    I don't pretend to know petroleum finance, but it seems to me that if they would take a sensible expansion approach, this yo-yo hire/layoffs wouldn't be as much of an issue. Of course there is global implications well beyond their control but I get so sick of oil people here "ballin'" when things are going well, and crying when they are not. [V]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambihunter
    It annoys me to no end all these falsely inflated prices. Here in Oklahoma, gas goes up, every company goes 150% and buys, drills, fracks, etc. Then, price goes down, lay everyone off and whine on TV about the low prices of gas.
    I don't pretend to know petroleum finance, but it seems to me that if they would take a sensible expansion approach, this yo-yo hire/layoffs wouldn't be as much of an issue. Of course there is global implications well beyond their control but I get so sick of oil people here "ballin'" when things are going well, and crying when they are not. [V]

It's the life of the oilfield. More work then you can handle when it's booming, then lay offs when it's slow. Most of the people "ballin" as you say are new field hands. They haven't been through a slump so they don't know to live moderately, save money, and buy nothing on credit. What really hurts is most of the folks laid off are regular Joe's making a regular living in a shop or office, not the bigger money of field hands.

I've worked in the field though and they earn every bit of their money. Working 24 hours straight was very common and 3 days with no sleep more times then I can count. Then being away from your family for most of the time most people can't do. Rig hands are hands down the hardest workers I've ever seen and I've worked a few industries.

Most oilfield workers would be very happy for the market to hit a level pace.