In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

whatever you owe

tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
add 668,621.00 to it . that is the average every household owes to pay the national debt...and i for one don't have it to pay them[V]

Comments

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Thank labor unions for a lot of the mess we're in.
  • Options
    RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Don't worry. Obammunist will make everyone a millionaire. The only problem will be that a loaf of bread will cosy 2 million.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is said that Obama's stimulus spening was equal to $80,000 per household. If he had given that money to each household, I am pretty sure this economy would have improved by now. Shoot, drop $80K in my bank account and I would put $40K in a CD, and used the other half to paint the house, pay for the wedding and the honeymoon, buy furniture, give her a couple $1000 for a shopping spree and a day at the spa, use a couple $1000 for guns and ammo, pay off 1 vehicle, buy a shed, expand the driveway and go out for a very expensive dinner. So I could have poured $40K into the economy in less than a month.
  • Options
    bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking

When did labor unions start approving the government spending that led to the national debt?
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    We just need to collect the debt owed to us by the United Kingdom, France, Russia, and everyone else we spent LIVES and money on to save their * in just WWI and WWII. Plus reparations from the LOSERS.

Doug
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,380 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bhale187

When did labor unions start approving the government spending that led to the national debt?
    Please let me know also.
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MT357

Please let me know also.

I TOO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN
  • Options
    edited November -1

Please let me know also.

Okay, I'm only going to explain this once so you dummies pay attention.

Labor unions demand more capital outlay in wages than the company can stand. Shareholders balk and sell stock, company goes bankrupt and doors close. People are out of work, can't pay their mortgage, banks collapse.

Russian born Ayn Rand wrote Atlas Shrugged in the thirties when the Communist were powerful in this country. She wrote it to warn people how the end of America would come. Those of you able to, should read it, it's a real book.

When it's not profitable to open and operate a business, why would anyone invest their capital? MT357, even you should be able to answer this question.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    add 668,621.00 to it . that is the average every household owes to pay the national debt...and i for one don't have it to pay them[V]

I don't either, but we don't have to worry about it. The people who are a lot smarter than us, like little Timmy Geithner (I'd like to knock that smirk off his face, Timothy F. Geithner), have it all covered.

You remember a while back we were talking about our children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren would be paying off our debt? Well, it turns out we can't survive that long. In about ten years the interest on the national debt will equal the gross domestic product. After that the entire gross domestic product won't cover the interest.

Since that would mean a total collapse of the U. S. Dollar and probably the collapse of the U. S. Government, that can't be allowed to happen. Too many people in power would lose their power.

The solution will be to "monazite" the debt. All that means is, say the debt is twenty trillion dollars. The Fed will write a check for twenty trillion dollars to back the printing of twenty trillion dollars in currency. What makes the Fed check good? The newly printed currency. Problem solved.

It won't cost us anything, and we won't have to pay the debt, and it will be no problem for anybody.

Of course a loaf of bread will cost you three hundred thousand dollars. Do you remember the newsreels of Germans taking their cash to the grocery store in a wheelbarrow before World War Two? Those newsreels will be new again.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    but, there are some of you non union people that has said that some wages are equal to what the union pays . so i guess non union people are part of the problem also
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I forgot to add this example also:

When labor unions demand more money, businesses close and reopen overseas when labor cost are cheaper. Bottom line, union troblemakers killed the goose that laid the golden egg, members no longer have a job, can't pay for house or car, banks collapse, same end.

Business owners MUST make a profit or there is no reason to risk capital.
  • Options
    Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    How will youwelcome the new amero when the money you worked hard for is worth half its value.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jwb267
    but, there are some of you non union people that has said that some wages are equal to what the union pays . so i guess non union people are part of the problem also

Nope, they can quit or be fired without too much problem. The union people all have nannies.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Please let me know also.

Labor unions demand more capital outlay in wages than the company can stand. Shareholders balk and sell stock, company goes bankrupt and doors close. People are out of work, can't pay their mortgage, banks collapse.

Russian born Ayn Rand wrote Atlas Shrugged in the thirties when the Communist were powerful in this country. She wrote it to warn people how the end of America would come. Those of you able to, should read it, it's a real book.

When it's not profitable to open and operate a business, why would anyone invest their capital? MT357, even you should be able to answer this question.

You've explained the reason US manufacturing businesses have failed, you have not explained how that caused the politicans to vote to fund projects they did not have the money for which resulting in the national debt we now have.

We were in debt well above our heads long before the bailouts, and the bailouts just put us further under. However, politicans decided to fund those bailouts, not labor unions.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    What about all the banks that loaned out all this money to people they knew could never pay it back? They bare some responsibility.
  • Options
    k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1

Just wait a while. Maybe Labor Unions will evolve into something better. [:D][;)]

(just yankin yer chain, dude)
  • Options
    edited November -1

Please let me know also.

You've explained the reason US manufacturing businesses have failed, you have not explained how that caused the politicans to vote to fund projects they did not have the money for which resulting in the national debt we now have.

We were in debt well above our heads long before the bailouts, and the bailouts just put us further under. However, politicans decided to fund those bailouts, not labor unions.

Really what other options did they have?
    Please try to forward think on this. If the banks failed, no one would have access to money. People would be homeless, hungry, and pissed off. Riots would follow and a complete breakdown of society.
    Personally, I wouldn't be hurt since I own my property and never invested in paper of any kind, but a lot of people, especially old people, did.
    It wouldn't be just this country either, we would drag down the world. Most internation trade is based on the US$.
    I didn't want the governement to bail ANYBODY out, but upon reflection, they didn't have any other choice. They could have controlled it better for sure. And I am totally against bailing out the car makers. Let the UAW go back to farming and the Japers to building cars. [:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think they had plenty of choices, the best of which would have been to let capitolism run its course and stay the hell out of it.

Some banks would fail, just like every other type of business, but the ones that were well managed would have survived. That's the way it's supposed to be in the USA.

We survived the great depression, in fact we thrived after it. The economy experiences highs and lows, some times extreme lows. In those times it is not the responsibility of the US tax paying citizen to foot the bill for those who made poor decisions in their businesses that led to their demise.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lucky_Lefty
    How will youwelcome the new amero when the money you worked hard for is worth half its value.

Pray for half. More likely 1/100 if somebody doesnt figure out a way to stop Obama soon. We're living in a house of cards, created by slimy politicians over the past 50 years.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I'm in great shape then; I only owe $668,621.00.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You mean I've spent my entire life trying to stay out of debt and it doesn't even matter because some jacka$$'es spent a half million dollars on my behalf? Screw it, time to go max out the credit cards. What's a few thousand more on the $668,621 that I already owe.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Really what other options did they have?
    Please try to forward think on this. If the banks failed, no one would have access to money. People would be homeless, hungry, and pissed off. Riots would follow and a complete breakdown of society.
    Personally, I wouldn't be hurt since I own my property and never invested in paper of any kind, but a lot of people, especially old people, did.
    It wouldn't be just this country either, we would drag down the world. Most internation trade is based on the US$.
    I didn't want the governement to bail ANYBODY out, but upon reflection, they didn't have any other choice. They could have controlled it better for sure. And I am totally against bailing out the car makers. Let the UAW go back to farming and the Japers to building cars. [:0]

What we did only insures that everything you say we are avoiding will happen, except under the current "plan" we take down our system of government with the economy.

I could be wrong, but I believe that was the plan all along. We can't really have our "New World Order" as long as there are "developed" countries, "developing" countries and third world countries. What we are about to see and live through will be the equalizer, which will make our "Brave New World" possible.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    JamesRK -

I don't understand what you wrote ??

Doug
  • Options
    17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1

+1...not the only a reason, but a major contributing factor.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    absolutely stuns me that govt takes over private company & gives 1/2 of it to unions to repay their vote...doesn't the average voter understand the blast to free enterprise this is ???????????????
  • Options
    flyingcolumnflyingcolumn Member Posts: 374 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blaming unions for this problem is sheer ignorance.Salaries,perks and retirement spent for corporate management are a far greater drain on profitability. Like it or not unions, and the resulting benefits for all American workers, are here to stay. The days of sweat shops and the company store are done. If you don't like the result of a unionised work force then blame greedy and over reaching
    management.If you don't like being over $600,000.00 in debt then put the blame where it belongs;the Federal goverment!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by redneckandy
    You mean I've spent my entire life trying to stay out of debt and it doesn't even matter because some jacka$$'es spent a half million dollars on my behalf? Screw it, time to go max out the credit cards. What's a few thousand more on the $668,621 that I already owe.

You meant that as a joke, but actually it's a good idea when the high inflation starts. If your interest on debt in less than the amount of inflation, you're making money and the bank is losing money.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Pocket change.[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by flyingcolumn
    Blaming unions for this problem is sheer ignorance.Salaries,perks and retirement spent for corporate management are a far greater drain on profitability. Like it or not unions, and the resulting benefits for all American workers, are here to stay. The days of sweat shops and the company store are done. If you don't like the result of a unionised work force then blame greedy and over reaching
    management.If you don't like being over $600,000.00 in debt then put the blame where it belongs;the Federal goverment!

Then please explain to me how a man who puts nice clean tires on a car chassis with an airwrench should make $65/hr. and get a paid vacation to boot?
    You would have me blame greedy management? Who the hell fronted the capital (seed money) to open the business that employes people? Don't you think he's entitled to a return on his risk?
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    so p3, whats the answer? let the bosses pay their workers $2 an hour? how are the workers going to raise a family? pay for a house? pay rent? buy food? the list goes on.

if you are one of those idiots who believe that the bosses will look after their workers then you are kidding yourself. if the bosses had their way they would have workers being killed while they`re doing their job and when that happened they would have someone already lined up to replace them....a bit like china is these days where workers are cheap and easy to replace.

unions have their place, without them workers would have no rights whatsoever!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dan kelly
    so p3, whats the answer? let the bosses pay their workers $2 an hour? how are the workers going to raise a family? pay for a house? pay rent? buy food? the list goes on.

if you are one of those idiots who believe that the bosses will look after their workers then you are kidding yourself. if the bosses had their way they would have workers being killed while they`re doing their job and when that happened they would have someone already lined up to replace them....a bit like china is these days where workers are cheap and easy to replace.

unions have their place, without them workers would have no rights whatsoever!

The answer is that semi-skilled labor make a fair wage, engage in profit-sharing, accept pay reductions in slack times, and be required to read In Search of Excellence.
    Labor has to get with the idea that the company is not just a cash cow, it's a business to make a profit for the owners.
    Unions need to agree to cut out the deadwood (lazy troublemakers) rather than defend them against management.
    Now, are you one of those Commie idiots that think it should be a workers paradise?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by flyingcolumn

Then please explain to me how a man who puts nice clean tires on a car chassis with an airwrench should make $65/hr. and get a paid vacation to boot?
    You would have me blame greedy management? Who the hell fronted the capital (seed money) to open the business that employes people? Don't you think he's entitled to a return on his risk?

Just as a worker is entitled to a return on their labor!In publicly held companies the capital comes from banks or shareholders.Executive compensation is at least as big a drag on return as anything earned by labor.$65/hr.to fasten wheel assemblies to a chassis is not as ridiculous as executives who mis-manage a company into financial ruin and then excape with a "golden parachute"worth tens of millions of dollars.
  • Options
    17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nikon999
    American labor unions are responsible for Chinas growth.

...and helped elect our current POTUS. Is there a Union that was not Pro-Obama?

The Free-Market rewards good laborers, the Unions protect the lazy.
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    p3...no, your unions seem to be different than ours here. if you are a lazy worker your union won`t and can`t protect you here, if your do then it`s a problem with your systems. at the same time if your boss demamnds that you do something unsafe here the union will have his *! as for what people earn? if the cost of living goes up don`t waste your time telling ke i can`t demand an increase in my wages! if the economic situation is bad enough that i need an increase and my boss says no i`ll walk...when it suits me...right when he can least afford to loose someone...there are always other jobs.

i can`t and win`t speak for you, or anyone else here, but as far as i`m concerned, i work to live, i don`t live to work!
  • Options
    edited November -1

The answer is that semi-skilled labor make a fair wage, engage in profit-sharing, accept pay reductions in slack times, and be required to read In Search of Excellence.
    Labor has to get with the idea that the company is not just a cash cow, it's a business to make a profit for the owners.
    Unions need to agree to cut out the deadwood (lazy troublemakers) rather than defend them against management.
    Now, are you one of those Commie idiots that think it should be a workers paradise?
    [/quote]
    Labor will make a fair wage, when the union is involved. Determination of "skill level"is also to be left to the union;you can't expect management to figure it out. As far as cutting dead wood you'll find a lot more of that in management,so it's best to start there.Wage concessions only after management has been cut to the bone. Yeah,it's nice if a business makes a profit for the owners but the workers are going to get a nice chunk of the pie. Better to be a "workers paradise" than a workers hell.
  • Options
    victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    I find it hard to believe, that most people believe, that 10% of the work force , ( unions ) drove this country broke? What was the rest of our country doing? Maybe its the 30% of people getting paid by the government, 20 % more of them drawing government retirement, 30 % on some kind of welfare. The 7 % that are non union had better get busy. Oh and the 3 % of of the very rich are having a great time. Its no wonder that neither political party cares to find anyone with a brain to run for office.[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    ripcord55ripcord55 Member Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JamesRK here is some of the money you were talking about. They printed it so fast it was printed only on one side. I wonder what ours will look like?[V]

e-bay.jpg
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks BHO you cook sucker
  • Options
    KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    Money and wealth is all in peoples minds. The only things of real value keep you alive.