In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Springfield Armory Loaded Champion PLUG

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
edited June 2011 in General Discussion

Comments

• nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    I reckon it doesn't work as well for me!
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    Another non-California seller. Are you afraid that the CA DOJ will come and shut you down just like Eric is? [xx(]
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is doing EXACTLY what the gun-grabbers in CA want.......for LESS guns to enter the state. Yes, it is a hassle to sell to CA. That's their whole point. No, gun owners in CA can't do anything about it, except move, as they are a minority there. There won't be any "rise up and change the laws" scenarios happening. So they should just give up and move, I guess. Thats what I did. Bad situation all around.

Merc

quote:Originally posted by calrugerfan
    Another non-California seller. Are you afraid that the CA DOJ will come and shut you down just like Eric is? [xx(]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mercury
    He is doing EXACTLY what the gun-grabbers in CA want.......for LESS guns to enter the state. Yes, it is a hassle to sell to CA. That's their whole point. No, gun owners in CA can't do anything about it, except move, as they are a minority there. There won't be any "rise up and change the laws" scenarios happening. So they should just give up and move, I guess. Thats what I did. Bad situation all around.

Merc

From what I've heard, it's not much of a hassle anyway.

To me, people that say "If you don't like it, move" are cowards that are afraid to face a fight. They say that they will stand up to their rights being taken away but they tell others to just run away.

Disclaimer: I didn't see anywhere in nunn's auction that he suggests moving. I simply point that out because many people on these forums say it frequently.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    If you want more attention, call it rare, omit key details, jack up the starting price just beyond market, find a sucker to buy it, and then monkey dance on the forum about it.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    Is that gun PRK legal?

If it isn't, your arguments are moot.

If it is, I may very well go and register with your hired help that runs every aspect of your lives. I've been meaning to do so, but haven't gotten around to it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Is that gun PRK legal?

If it isn't, your arguments are moot.

If it is, I may very well go and register with your hired help that runs every aspect of your lives. I've been meaning to do so, but haven't gotten around to it.

Yes it is. That's the whole reason for the mainspring housing lock. I have the same one but with the 5 inch barrel.

And by including the pic of the actual model number listed on the box, it makes it a lot easier to find on the list. <--- Good tip for others selling to California.

Even if it wasn't, it would only be moot on this gun. Given the fact that you haven't registered tells me that you have yet to offer any of your guns to California residents.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My SA TRP case has a sticker that says "not legal in California."
    It is just above the UPC code sticker which is PC9107LP.

You guys fight over why that is the case.[;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • owen219owen219 Member Posts: 3,799
    edited November -1
    Good job, very good pics, and yes it does draw much more attention from serious buyers. Stay safe Nunn!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

That's just odd. That gun is on the list. Maybe the sticker was put on there before it was added to the list? Does it appear to be a factory sticker? Or did somebody add it just for fun?
    edited November -1
    nunn, is that the going rate for those? I paid about $700 out the door for mine new. Like I said, mine has the 5 inch barrel. Plus, I know I got a good deal. But do the shorter barrels really demand that much of a premium over the 5 inch?
    edited November -1

That's just odd. That gun is on the list. Maybe the sticker was put on there before it was added to the list? Does it appear to be a factory sticker? Or did somebody add it just for fun?

It's definitely factory SA.
    edited November -1

My only guess then is that it was put on before the gun was added to the list.
    edited November -1

My only guess then is that it was put on before the gun was added to the list.

Must be the case,....it's there and all the numbers match to my gun.
    If I had more time, or really cared, I would shoot you a pic.[8D]

Take my word for it, it is there and is factory applied.
    edited November -1
    So...if I had left the non-safety mainspring housing on the gun, it would not be legal in the PRK?

When I bought it, I replaced the safety lock housing with a normal one, but when I decided to sell it, I put the original housing back.

I will submit to the will of your masters, but I don't think it will make much difference. I sell very few new guns, and most of the old ones are not Kalifornia approved.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    So...if I had left the non-safety mainspring housing on the gun, it would not be legal in the PRK?

When I bought it, I replaced the safety lock housing with a normal one, but when I decided to sell it, I put the original housing back.

I will submit to the will of your masters, but I don't think it will make much difference. I sell very few new guns, and most of the old ones are not Kalifornia approved.

Technically, yes, changing out the mainspring housing to the non locking one would make it illegal to transfer in California. It is legal for the owner to change, but at the time of transfer, it has to have it on there. Of course, if it's on the list, most FFLs wouldn't know to check for a locking mainspring housing so they would probably transfer it anyway.

I was going to replace mine, but all of the one that I have found are checkered. I like the feel of the serrated better. I don't even know if I would remember how to lock mine without playing with it for awhile. I think it actually has to be cocked or something.

Not cocked. 1/4 turn clockwise to lock, 1/4 turn counter clockwise to unlock.
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nunn, is that the going rate for those? I paid about $700 out the door for mine new. Like I said, mine has the 5 inch barrel. Plus, I know I got a good deal. But do the shorter barrels really demand that much of a premium over the 5 inch?

The Champions do bring a premium as they are not manufactured in the numbers that the full size SA guns are. I have been looking for one of these and this price is in the range of the others I have seen for sale here on GB. Tried to purchase one in similar condition at a gun show for $750 cash and the guy wouldn't go for it. He was wanting $850 and wouldn't budge.
    Regards, MAALOX