In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Does your spouse buy you things that------>

beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
edited October 2007 in General Discussion
you don't need or want?

This afternoon my wife went shopping. No big deal. She returns with a few thing (clothes) for herself and three (3) short sleeve shirts for me. I appreciate the thought; but, I don't need anymore shirts---I've got a closet full that I don't even wear because I'm too damn lazy to iron them. Besides, summer is almost over and they will hang in the closet until next year and, I doubt, I'll iron them then. I'm retired---where the hell am I going to need more shirts
heck, I rarely leave home----can't hardly get her to go out and eat. Yesterday, I showed her my tennis shoes----the heals are totally worn out
the outer rubber sole is gone----tan filler foam rubber is showing in both heals
now, I'll drive 20 miles to return the damn shirts and buy me a new pair of tennis shoes.

Does this happen to you?
0M9InwN.gif[

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't take that stuff, man. You need to straighten her out. Show her who's boss. Maybe slap her around a little bit. What's wrong with that woman?[:(!]
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    edited November -1
    Of course, I was being sarcastic in my previous post. I once had a friend who whined about his wife putting the steak knives in the dishwasher handle down. When he would get a fork out, he would jab his finger into the steak knife. Soon after, she left him for another woman. I told him he could turn any woman gay.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    all the time

i don't wear tight necked shirts, what do i get?
    i like shorts with pockets, what do i get
    i don't like pickels on anything but fish, what do i get?
    i don't like cake or pie ala'mode {w/icecream}what do i get, the list goes on and on

you would think after 15 years she could get a few things right
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its her way of justifying spending all your money .. [:D]
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    Ain't you never heerd? It's the thought that counts...take the shirts back and EXCHANGE for the shoes you NEED. There's always a way to work it out.

Life's too short to beech about unwanted gifts. To accept the gift is to accept the giver.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a compassionate guy, deere!!!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont like alot of stuff, i simply hide it.

Or, i go shopping with mom, i know if i complain about certain things, i just might not get anything at all. thats just how dad works.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beneteau
    Does this happen to you?
    Nope.
    Been together long enough, she knows she would just be wasting money.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    The only thing Audrey gives me is a very hard time.

Consider yourself fortunate.

Doug
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    my wife of 3 yrs knows not to buy me clothes. Unless it has holes in it and is falling off my body, don't bother. She os more frugle than I am, if she buys it, she knows I need it.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    While she was away, you were on her mind. Beautiful scenario. Give her a hug. Joe
  • Options
    SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup. Know what ya mean, Ben. Kinda like when Wife #1 goes grocery shoppin'. I like the basic old school stuff. What do I get? The CC cookies with sprinkles and stars instead of the original Chips Ahoy. Lo Fat, no fat, soy, milk instead of the good ol' Vitamin D.
    I know she loves me and thinks about me, but damn she don't know me or either she's screwing with me.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Could be she is trying to tell you something...

Should be glad she is thinking of you when she is shopping....Least she comes home with something for you...
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    My ex used to buy me stuff all the time, off the clearance rack. It didn't matter if it fit or not; it was on sale. Whoopee! I saved $10 on this pair of Dockers for you. Now I have to have them shortened and hemmed. Sorta cuts into the savings.
  • Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This afternoon my wife went shopping. No big deal. She returns with a few thing (clothes) for herself and three (3) short sleeve shirts for me. I appreciate the thought; but, I don't need anymore shirts---I've got a closet full that I don't even wear because I'm too damn lazy to iron them. Besides, summer is almost over and they will hang in the closet until next year and, I doubt, I'll iron them then. I'm retired---where the hell am I going to need more shirts
    heck, I rarely leave home----can't hardly get her to go out and eat. Yesterday, I showed her my tennis shoes----the heals are totally worn out
    the outer rubber sole is gone----tan filler foam rubber is showing in both heals
    now, I'll drive 20 miles to return the damn shirts and buy me a new pair of tennis shoes.

Does this happen to you?

[:D][:D][:D] I wonder if this happens to some wifes.

This afternoon my HUSBAND went shopping. No big deal. he returns with a few things, rifle, shotgun and a case of ammo for himself and three (3) beenie babies and beef jerky for me. I appreciate the thought; but, I don't need anymore beenie babies---I've got a closet full and doubles of some types. Besides, summer is almost over and relatives will be visiting for the holidays and I don't want them to know I have beenie babies. So the beenie babies will hang in the closet until next Spring and, I will go to the gun show and sell them them. I'm retired---why the hell am I going sit home and stare at beenie babies all day
    heck, I rarely leave home----can't hardly get him to go out and eat( if he suggests I eat beef jerky one more time I'll kill him). Does this happen to you?
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chollagardens

Does this happen to you?

[:D][:D][:D] I wonder if this happens to some wifes.

This afternoon my HUSBAND went shopping. No big deal. he returns with a few things, rifle, shotgun and a case of ammo for himself and three (3) beenie babies and beef jerky for me. I appreciate the thought; but, I don't need anymore beenie babies---I've got a closet full and doubles of some types. Besides, summer is almost over and relatives will be visiting for the holidays and I don't want them to know I have beenie babies. So the beenie babies will hang in the closet until next Spring and, I will go to the gun show and sell them them. I'm retired---why the hell am I going sit home and stare at beenie babies all day
    heck, I rarely leave home----can't hardly get him to go out and eat( if he suggests I eat beef jerky one more time I'll kill him). Does this happen to you?

ROFL!
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    SIGHHHHHHH. And even worse yet when I DO wear cloths she has bought for me I get the "are you going to wear THAT" Then she proceeds to go through my closet and tells me we need to go shopping to buy me something DECENT always seeming to forget that 90% of the stuff in there, SHE BOUGHT FOR ME.
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think this is her way of asking you to go shopping with her. Heck she might even eat lunch with you at one of those trendy restaurants. [:D] heavens knows, you might even get lucky when you get home.[}:)]
    Regards, MAALOX