In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Strange routine at my house.....

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
I have a well known obsession with lotion.....before the pervs start, no, don't even try...its common for a LADY to like lotion.

I don't know why, but my bulldog loves the taste of it.

So, every time I put it on my legs my English Bulldog tries to lick me whenever I stand still.

I'm running the vacuum and she is trailing behind me like a buzzing bee trying to sting someone....just barely tapping the back of my calves every chance she gets.

Its a strange process.....me yelling "Quit it Bitty" and her stalking me like prey throughout the house.
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,059 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "It put the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again" [:D]. I say the pooch likes that flavor of the grease. Then again them English are an odd lot.
  • Options
    mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    Its an 'English' thing Hahhahaha [:p]
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,572 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have a Siberian husky ( one of five dogs all different ) but she is the same way as your bulldog .

quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I have a well known obsession with lotion.....before the pervs start, no, don't even try...its common for a LADY to like lotion.

So, every time I put it on my legs my English Bulldog tries to lick me whenever I stand still.

I'm running the vacuum and she is trailing behind me like a buzzing bee trying to sting someone....just barely tapping the back of my calves every chance she gets.

Its a strange process.....me yelling "Quit it Bitty" and her stalking me like prey throughout the house.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    "It put the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again" [:D]. I say the pooch likes that flavor of the grease. Then again them English are an odd lot.

Yes....she is the strangest of the 4 dogs we have. She is like a clown. You just never know what she is thinking, but you KNOW she is up to something.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    this sounds like an award winning video!!
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks again Kasey [:D]
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got one here (laying at my feet right now) that likes the taste of soap. Don't leave a bar where she can get it, she'll eat it.

Had a beagle that liked the taste of toe jam [:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nutfinn

Thank YOU!!! I have already been into that chocolate you brought me! YUMMM!!!!
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    When I lived high up in mountains and did lots of snow plowing in winter my fingers would crack and bleed from the super-dry air. So I bought a big thing of hand lotion, trying to keep them suckers intact.

No animals followed me around but I must say the controls of the front end loader did feel a good deal more welcoming at the start of a blizzard than they did without the lotion.

Have you considered using a front end loader for house cleaning instead of a vacuum cleaner?

Could make a difference.
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nutfinn

Thank YOU!!! I have already been into that chocolate you brought me! YUMMM!!!!
    Ernie came by to eat, so he got some charcoal and honey too. He was very happy [:D] Thanks again!!
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,016 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put the lotion in the basket[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    Dyer_MakerDyer_Maker Member Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    on the "put the lotion in the basket theme" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcITGNWtoIc
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

It would appear you don't hold the rank of "top dog" in your household.

I'd bet Cesar Millan could put lotion on his legs and stand right next to your Bitty and she wouldn't even take a sniff at him.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An Alabama resident that owns a Bulldog [:0], I gotta think about this one [:D] [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My golden loves the lotion one of the daughters friends wears.
    That dog is always licking her legs
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bitty (the English Bulldog) is the only one that actually licks you. Huggy (the Pomeranian) will gnaw on your hair like he is trying to itch you with his tiny front teeth.....that HAS to be the strangest feeling on the planet. Neither of the big dogs (Golden or St Bernard) lick anyone....the Golden will RARELY lick you one time on your hand or knee.

We had a Cocker Spaniel that would bathe the babies when they were little. It was too cute. They would be crawling by and she would just lick them all over as they went along.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When we moved from Florida to Utah, I was astounded by how much skin lotion and lip balm we suddenly needed. My wife, two daughters, and I went through a 55-gallon drum of the stuff in the first few months, I swear. And it got worse the first winter! It's a shock to live the first 30 years of your life in 95% humidity, only to move to where it is in the single digits. You use a lot of lotion here, or your skin flakes off. Literally.

That's still a weird dog, LF.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kasey,

It must be a Bull dog thing.

We had a Pit Bull that used to do the same thing when my wife used lotion...[:)]

Trinity +++
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    Get a soft water conditioner.

Use 1/2 the soap from hair to clothes though.

Your skin will love you for it.

Waste of time conditioning the soft water. Better to spend your money on a hot water heater.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you missed the joke, dennis.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    Get a soft water conditioner.

Use 1/2 the soap from hair to clothes though.

Your skin will love you for it.

Waste of time conditioning the soft water. Better to spend your money on a hot water heater.

Some people like their water super-soft -- and their hot water, super-heated. Don't belittle the specialized appliances made for these people! [;)]
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Easy Thar Limey [:D][:D][:D]quote:Originally posted by mond
    Its an 'English' thing Hahhahaha [:p]
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our English Springer Spaniel will do the same thing to my wife when she puts lotion on her legs. Doesn't matter which scent or type lotion she uses.
    Regards, MAALOX