In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger LCP

rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Anybody have a LCP? A buddy of mine has a Smith Bodyguard, but I like the looks of the LCP better.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone have one yet? I was thinking about gettin one since its kinda inexpensive and easy to conceal.

How do they shoot? I have large hands so would it be a problem for me to shoot one?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Was at the farm this weekend and we all got the toys to play and a guy had a new LCP, I have to say i was impressed. Only negative I had was I didnt like that the slide does not lock open after the last shot. I feel that in a defensive situation it would be easy to think you had one more round ready to go due to the lack of a lock back slide.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good or bad? Thinking of getting one. I carry a cz75 compact in 40 S&W but it gets heavy for all day carry. I was thinking i could keep the Cz in the truck and carry the LCP when i go into places ect. What do you guys think of the Ruger Lcp , i know there is a lot of Ruger guys here with some knowledge. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This looks like a good little gun for the price, $280. Anyone have experience with it? Buy or not buy?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have a chance to get a ruger lcp,4 mags,nylon holster and 40rds winwhite box and 19 rounds of corbon for $400.

Should I?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just picked one up from the PSA sale for $169, free shipping. Why? you might ask. I dunno, but at 9 oz. (empty) it seemed like it might come in handy during hot FL "t shirt & shorts" weather.

I took it to the range yesterday and it functioned perfectly with ball & hollow points. I put the "pinky rest" floor plate on the mag; the pinky still missed it but it was still reasonably comfortable to hold. I also got an extended 7 round mag, and that helped a bit.

Trigger pull is long with long reset, but it was still surprisingly good. Overall, I'm happy with it as a hot weather "better than nothing" option when few other pistols could be easily concealed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Saw one today for the first time. Holy Cow are they small! Talk about a stocking stuffer!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone have any experience with these?? Im kinda anti Ruger and all but these look like they are made well. How are they compared to the Kel-Tec>>>???

Thanks,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey guys, has anyone picked up the new ruger 380 yet? thinking of getting one, and would like some input, good or bad. guns&ammo,gunworld, and amer rifleman all had positive reaction to it, but would like to hear from someone who has tried it out himself. thanks
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Just bought one a few days ago, so did my Son. Haven't shot it yet, but plan to tomorrow.

If nothing comes up to prevent it, i'll post a mini-range report afterward.

Nice looking little mouse-gun. Fit and finish are well done. Sights are way small, but since it is a mouse-gun and for up close and personal stuff, that doesn't matter to me. Only one mag with it though. I ordered another and a pocket holster from Midway on Friday and they are on the way.
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought mine two months ago from local dealer who always has 2 in stock.

Have large hands and the pistol fits and shoots fine.

Used to shooting 380 in PPk, Femura, Browning, etc..

This is a great dependable back up or primary pistol. Great concealability and easy draw and fire.

The 380 is not a 9mm or 45acp but it will get the job done.

Buy two they are small[:)].
  • Options
    Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    I've had mine for about 2 months and carry it daily in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.

I shot it right out of the box and had one fail to feed on the very first magazine I shot through it.

No problems since and I've fired WWB, 10 year old Silvertips, factory reloads, and my carry ammo, Gold Dots. The only thing I've done to it besides cleaning is polish the feedramp.

Some people complain about the sights. Don't need no stinkin sights with this type pistol. It's for up close & personal SHTF self defense work, not target shooting.

• Options
    skeens41skeens41 Member Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have put a couple hundred rounds thru mine[:p] i found that it shoots the remingtons 95gr better then the rest . no jams with the rems. but, the only prob i had with my purchase, is it only came with one magazine[V] i gotta have two, so i ordered another one from ruger
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rob a friend of mine bought one, and I shot it at the range recently.
    I had a bit of trouble trying to get a comfortable hold on it since it is so tiny, but it's only a .380 so no real control issues.

Seems nice enough for the price if you want a small semi-auto.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Scarcer than hen's teeth around here, at shows there are one or two and they sell for $500+ each... supply and demand.
  • Options
    MFinnMFinn Member Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have Keltec, but I think I will also get me one of these LCPs
  • Options
    oldnbaldoldnbald Member Posts: 3,578
    edited November -1
    Don't know if it's true, but my "gun guy" (dealer) told me recently that he found out how Ruger got away with such a close copy of the Kel- Tec. He said that Kel - Tec failed to patent some or all of their product, and when Ruger found out, they just proceeded. If that's true, I'll bet heads rolled at Kel - Tec. Interesting, whether true or not.