I LIKE GIRL THAT SHOOT GUNS...

eboydelleboydell Member Posts: 10,988
edited August 2007 in General Discussion
IF THEY REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.[;)]

Comments

• CutiegirlracingCutiegirlracing Member Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been shooting a 22 rifle and landing 8 our 10 shots on notebook paper at 200 yards. [:)][:)][:)]
    I know they're are better shots here, but I'm still proud.
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 20,530
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cutiegirlracing
    I've been shooting a 22 rifle and landing 8 our 10 shots on notebook paper at 200 yards. [:)][:)][:)]
    I know they're are better shots here, but I'm still proud.
    and im proud of you.

how are you, CGR?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    This one also knows how to shoot!
    xxxxxxx.gif
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    GRD - You are terminal.

There are some sicknesses that can't be cured.

Doug
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    GRD - You are terminal.

Doug
    I know! Ain't it great![:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • eboydelleboydell Member Posts: 10,988
    edited November -1
    A .22lr AT 200 YARDS IS VERY GOOD! DON'T TELL ME THAT YOU WERE USING A .22-250 SCOPED. WERE YOU?[;)]
  • COLTCOLT Member, Moderator Posts: 12,614 ******
    edited November -1
    CGR, your welcome to shoot any of my Colts, anytime. Once you put a nice 1911 in your hand, you know youve had the best...[^]

...I have a Rem 514 single shot .22 that I bought, well, a long time ago and completely re-worked. Here last year mrbruce (one of our best members, a self taught fantastic smith metal and wood) added a shnobel forend and grip cap made of spalted maple) now not only is it beyond a tack driver but looks awesome. Ive never shot out to 200 w/it but at 50 you can cover all the shots you want to shoot with a dime, same out to 75. Probably my favorite fun gun...[^]

may17-21ranch037.jpg
    rem514015.jpg
    rem514017.jpg
    rem514009.jpg

ani-texas-flag-1.gif
  • COLTCOLT Member, Moderator Posts: 12,614 ******
    edited November -1
    eyeball You just made me think of something (hurt too![:D])
    Talking about shooting a 22lr out to 200. Have you ever tried it? I haven't, and why? Because a 22 is NOT susposed to be accurate out to 200, susposedly. Kinda like from the time your a toddler your told there are no pink elephants, so you dont see 'em...well, you know what I mean.

...Im going to have to try to shoot my Rem 514 out to 200 and see what happens. Shooters (me included) seem to be locked into "thinking" that certain rounds will just be accurate out to certain distances, and tend to stay within those "accepted" parameters. I know you can't beat father physics, but who of us have a PHD in physics?

I know when I first shot a 44mag round out of a rifle, I was VERY surprised at the extra distance it had, with very little drop; all because of a 20" barrel vs a 6" barrel. Maybe more of us ought to think a little more out of the box with cartridges and ranges...[^]

ani-texas-flag-1.gif
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,815
    edited November -1
    Shepherd makes 22lr and 22Mag scopes with drop comp reticals that go out to 500yd. More times than not, it's the shooter that's the weak link, not the gun or cartridge.

310-P22LR, 3x10x40 with 9" stadia range finding circles $625.00

310-P22Mag, 3x10x40 with 9" stadia range finding circles $625.00
  • tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,547 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    500 yds is a little optimistic
    that is not a shooter related question
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682
    edited November -1
    Now fella's, that could be a bad thing. Hitting paper at 200 yards with a 22LR, means that you would have to be an aweful long damn ways away to be out of harms way, especially if she holds a grudge. Can you imagine what she could do with a 243, 260, 300 Win Mag, or a 50 cal?

cutiegirlracing...Was that a Banshee in the pic?
  • mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    only one thing ya put in a womans hands , & thats a risk...as for the gun idea....oh no!! [:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by COLT
    eyeball You just made me think of something (hurt too![:D])
    Talking about shooting a 22lr out to 200. Have you ever tried it? I haven't, and why? Because a 22 is NOT susposed to be accurate out to 200, susposedly. Kinda like from the time your a toddler your told there are no pink elephants, so you dont see 'em...well, you know what I mean.

...Im going to have to try to shoot my Rem 514 out to 200 and see what happens. Shooters (me included) seem to be locked into "thinking" that certain rounds will just be accurate out to certain distances, and tend to stay within those "accepted" parameters. I know you can't beat father physics, but who of us have a PHD in physics?

I know when I first shot a 44mag round out of a rifle, I was VERY surprised at the extra distance it had, with very little drop; all because of a 20" barrel vs a 6" barrel. Maybe more of us ought to think a little more out of the box with cartridges and ranges...[^]

ani-texas-flag-1.gif

The scope will be your weakest link. I had a drop of over 40 inches. My scope wouldn't adjust that low. So I had to aim 40 inches over the paper.
    Shoot with the sun behind you. Then you can see you bullets going thought the air. It will make you shooting day much easier. It strange you pull the trigger and almost a second later you see the bullet going up to the paper.
    Not all bullets drop the same Eley is a very hot round and will only drop 20 inches, but they will not be consisant, least not in my gun. I have the best luck with winchesters and wolf match. They dropped the most, but were always consisant.

I might add I'm shooting on my granpa's land between two hills. So wind is not as big a factor.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    Now fella's, that could be a bad thing. Hitting paper at 200 yards with a 22LR, means that you would have to be an aweful long damn ways away to be out of harms way, especially if she holds a grudge. Can you imagine what she could do with a 243, 260, 300 Win Mag, or a 50 cal?

cutiegirlracing...Was that a Banshee in the pic?

Banshee's rock. 0 to 90 plus in less than 300 feet in 4 seconds and this would be a slow bike.
  • AHansenAHansen Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just picked up an Ithica 22 mag for my 16 year old. She loves the thing. One hell of a shot. Boy better watch out.
  • tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    GRD - You are terminal.

Doug

You better watch it.... I said something like that to him the other day and half the forum got down on me because of that crap he picked up over in Iraq ...which BTFW I was totally unaware of....
    Actully GRD is one of my favs here.... but if he were a pinball machine I figure he would say tilted a lot!!
    and if this ain't proof what is.... Bwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwahahaha hurts my eyes dude!!!!

xxxxxxx.gif
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682
    edited November -1
    Cutiegirlracing,

You never did say what you were using for a rifle to shoot paper at 200 yards, or a scope if you were using one. You are right though, that is something to be proud of. I would like to see what you could do with a rifle like my Pedersoli Sharps copy with the big tang sight. My eyes are not what what they once were(depends on what they are looking at, I guess), but I can smack clay targets off a nail at 200 with it.

Anything Yamaha rocks! The Raptors are nothing to sneeze at. I am thinking that I know of a sled that will give you serious competition with your 0-300 feet times, and speed. It is also a Yamaha.