In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BlackRoses

victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
edited June 2007 in General Discussion
Excuse me, I misspoke in my earlier comment vis-a-vis Obama's performance. I returned to correct my error and discovered the original post had been poofed.

At any rate, Obama has done one thing that I heartily approve of - he told the Navy to do whatever was necessary to free Captain Phillips from the Somali pirates. I must admit that I was amazed.

Comments

• victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    Got the belt buckle yesterday. Thank you !!! [:D] [:D]
    The only problem is my boys are now plotting to take it away from me... I guess I should be grateful that they love shooting as much as I do.

Again, thanks for your generosity and kindness.

If you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." The Dalai Lama
    edited November -1
    I got my sign today my wife about rolled over with laughter THANKS
    edited November -1
    Good Morning, you posted an article yesterday from the NRA website I believe. Could you please send me the link.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Endowment Member, AF&AM
    edited November -1
    I found you a custom gun with your name all over it[:o)]

pix201493578.jpg
    edited November -1
    Get your long johns out again another blast on the way.
    75 here yesterday, 62 this morning, looking for 15 tomorrow morning.

cannon.gif

SOLD MY COW SO I DON'T NEED YOUR BULL [;)]
    edited November -1
    Good luck I tried telling him yesterday to knock it off !!!!

Gets old listen to people squabble on here.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion -- too bad they ALL have to keep stirring !
    edited November -1
    Or who ever may have sent me an e-mail through these forums last night, please send again. I accdently deleted it while checking my mail at work with one of those web based e-mail sites. Thank you.

AlleninAlaska

http://www.outdoor-o-rama.com

He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
    -- Thomas Paine
    edited November -1
    I got the email and will try to fix it for the wife next week thanks.[:p]

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Back about the beginning of September, someone sent a site to your attention through this board. It scared the spit out of me. Lulled you for a few moments with gibberish on the screen and "Enya" type background music and the - YAAAHHHHH!!!! I want to favor a friend with it and I can't find the post. Do you remember who sent it? IfI can contact them I may be able to get to the ste and forward it.

Thanks.
    edited November -1
    I would like to publicly tell you "THANK YOU" for your information and being consdierate enough to give me your expert opinion on my "problem".
    edited November -1
    Looks like you are the winner of the Ruger from Aglore. Congratulations!

If you will e-mail me using GB's messaging feature giving me your mailing address, I'll get that box of ammo that I offerred on it's way to you.
    edited November -1
    I saw on another post that you breed pups. Is this true? What I am wanting to know is do you know anyone who has or breeds english bull dogs? Are dog was run over and my son wants another pup for his high school graduation. So any help you can give would help.

bull.txt
    col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    O give me a home where no democrats roam
    edited November -1
    Just called my son wichita about your
    post for self examine and relay to his
    wife. Told me I'm going to be G.father.
    I Have six step g.kids Ive never met
    yet this my first. Iguess that's
    what I get for waiting till I was
    34 for my first kid.
    SITAA

If each before his own
    door swept,the whole
    village would be clean.
    edited November -1
    Hey the first site you gave me didn't go through and the second
    didn't have a address to get ahold of them. I am going to try
    to find them but if you have any more info send it to me.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    O give me a home where no democrats roam
    edited November -1
    The pins came today. Thanks very much. I really like the one with the crossed revolvers. My wife the prude did not like the other one.

LOL.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
    edited November -1
    BlackRoses~

You may have a Very Collectible Bell Strike! I took your picture down to the clock shop. The Clock guy Know 2 things for sure:
    His Opinion:
    They have never seen a bell strike made by New England Clock in his 35 years- the conclusion was how ever, they felt (and this gets confusing) the movement it self was most likely supplied
    By a German Co. and I forgot the name. The movement is a very high quality make.

To determine the age he said you could take it to a good clock shop, in your area and by the movement in side, they should be able to tell you when the movement was made or about.

So in short his theory is: New England Clock Co. produced a Ships Bell Strike, But did not have a movement of there own. Therefore, buy using a German Bell Strike movement you have a very high Quality clock. Possibly a very limited production run.

Gotta ask, Does it have the rubber gasket behind the glass? Or a groove for one

Love old clocks like that I look for them all the time at the Flea!
    Great Score!
    hope that helps
    FrancF

NRA life Endowment Member
    edited November -1
    You did get my e-mail last evening didnt you?

And though is killing me I am saving you and Classic some venison till the 30th[;)][:p][:D]

JuJu(Hey Hairy, would you like some venison?)
    edited November -1
    The Doctor conferned the g.childs
    pending birth. Due date set for
    Jan 19,05.
    59 is to old to be a g.father, old
    to be great g.father. Luckly my
    son lives 120 miles away so I
    won"t be baby sitting much. That
    will fall on his in-laws.
    SITAA

If each before his own
    door swept,the whole
    village would be clean.
    edited November -1
    You have mail you beautiful creature you.

Sorry classic, just couldnt help myself[:)]

JuJu(if ya need anything else, let me know)
    edited November -1
    What are you doing up so early?
    edited November -1
    Have you done any baking lately? I'm curious to see(hear) how something in particular turned out for you.

***I'm in the hi-fidelity first class travelling section I think I need a Leer jet***
    edited November -1
    Did you get the email I sent via GB. I know there have been some cases lately where the system did not function.

Thanks

rcdis
    edited November -1
    Buckle got here today man do I like it. Its really nice. Thanks again.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif
    edited November -1
    here is some pics of the purse o' tape. the wallet has already been given to its recipient so i dont have it to take pics, sorry[:(].

here it is from the front, i put a snap cover over a pocket for change.
    S8000792.jpg

this is the top view, went with pink for the top, handle, and back pocket installed a zipper so she wouldnt lose her valuables.
    S8000793.jpg

and this is the back, and pocket for random stuff. i kinda modeled it after my wifes purse.
    S8000794.jpg
    edited November -1
    Are you a vet? If so, I have a question about an injury that my dog got.
    edited November -1
    I replied to your post about me. I find my self wondering why you want to know my age?
    edited November -1
    A few days back you were looking for dessert ideas, and until this morning when I finished going through all my cookbooks, I wasn't able to find this. It's not really a dessert,but it is very good.

CREAM CHEESE CANDY

1 3oz. pkg. cream cheese
    2 1oz. squares bitter chocolate (melted)
    2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/2 cup chopped nuts (your choice-I prefer walnuts, but have used almonds)
    dash of salt
    Cream cheese until soft and smooth. Blend in sugar and melted chocolate and mix quickly. Add vanilla, salt, and nuts. Press into a well buttered pan and chill until firm.

In the past I have used the pre-softened chocolate in the litte packets, and it worked just as well. I've also put in a splash of mint extract from time to time.

Be watching for an e-mail. I'm sending a recipe to you that I don't normally share. You'll understand why when you get it.

***I'm in the hi-fidelity first class travelling section I think I need a Leer jet***
    edited November -1
    Beth,

I recall a post in the past where you said you had a nack for being able to find items no one else could locate. I am in desperate need of of a rear sight for a Stevens-Springfield model 15 single shot .22 rifle. If you can find one, I'll be glad to pay a premium.

Thanks

dheffley@gte.net

The NRA is on our side!
    edited November -1
    Just thought I'd give you an update on my buddy hunter. Yup he sleeps with me in the spare bedroom which is his bed. Even bought him a fancy cat bed. He won't use it. I keep him away from mine just in case my allergies kick up, that way I have a safe room. He'll cry if I go in there though. It's just like having a baby in the house. If I lay on the bed under the covers, he'll swat my cheek until I lift the covers for him to come under with me. Then he'll sleep with his head inches from mine. Now if I could just get him to recognize my toes as a part of me and not a strange critter coming into bed with us.

When I'm on the computer he'll cradle in my left arm like a baby as long as I'm not typing. If I type too much he's discovered the key at the top right corner of the keyboard (key lock). He knows to hit just that key and I'll start paying attention to him. LOL. Talk about a rascall.

Question for you though. The hair around the edges of his ears seems real thin. The skin there looks a little dry. He doesn't seem to care. He even lets me touch them so I know it's not painful. Maybe it's just his light coloring making it look worse than it is. I don't see any bugs or anything like that. Just wondering if it's something I should be worried about? His vet appointment is still two weeks away. Should I push them to get in sooner or just wait? Like I said it appears to not bother him at all.

Woods
    edited November -1
    Beth,
    What's for breakfast. I'm starved and the wife is sleeping ....
    edited November -1
    Thought you might enjoy this recipe!

This is the answer for those of you who have trouble deciding what to take to a pot luck - CAT LITTER CAKE RECIPE - this is an actual recipe!

CAT LITTER CAKE RECIPE

A sure fire hit for the next family get together or BDay party

WANT TO HAVE FUN AT A PARTY? PREPARE THIS RECIPE AND WATCH YOUR FRIENDS FACES !! *NOTE: THIS CAKE CONTAINS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT IS NOT EDIBLE!!*

On a recent visit to our veterinarian to get shots for our cat I found this recipe on the waiting room bulletin board. After recovering from hysterical laughter, I obtained a copy from the office staff so that my wife could make it, which she refused to do. I took it to work and gave the recipe to a lady at work who loves cats. The pictures below show the results of her work, which looks like S# !+ but it's actually quite tasty, so I decided to pass it along.

CAKE INGREDIENTS
    1 box spice or German chocolate cake mix
    1 box of white cake mix
    1 package white sandwich cookies
    1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix
    A few drops green food coloring

12 small Tootsie Rolls or equivalent

SERVING "DISHES AND UTENSILS"
    1 NEW cat-litter box
    1 NEW cat-litter box liner

1 NEW pooper scooper

Prepare and bake cake mixes, according to directions, in any size pan.
    Prepare pudding and chill.
    Crumble cookies in small batches in blender or food processor.
    Add a few drops of green food coloring to 1 cup of cookie crumbs.

Mix with a fork or shake in a jar. Set aside.

When cakes are at room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with half of the remaining cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make the mixture moist but not soggy. Place liner in litter box and pour in mixture.

Unwrap 3 Tootsie Rolls and heat in a microwave until soft and pliable. Shape the blunt ends into slightly curved points. Repeat with three more rolls. Bury the rolls decoratively in the cake mixture. Sprinkle remaining white cookie crumbs over the mixture, then scatter green crumbs lightly over top.

Heat 5 more Tootsie Rolls until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the
    cake and sprinkle with crumbs from the litter box. Heat the remaining
    Tootsie Roll until pliable and hang it over the edge of the box. Place box on a sheet of newspaper and serve with scooper.

"Aim small...Miss small"
    edited November -1
    My Daughter was really taken with your little puppy, she asked how it was doing?
    edited November -1
    Went to the Nascar Hall of Fame Museum this morning. Parked the car and seen a family headed toward the entrance. I ask them if they had tickets. It is something like 20 bucks or so to get in. I got a family of 5 visiting from Canada in for nothing. I couldn't understand their French but their smiles said thank you.
    edited November -1
    I was wondering if you ever found a
    cheddar you live with. That was the
    finest post Started here since i've
    been lurking. Brought back some memories
    for an old New Yorker.
    SITAA

If each before his own
    door swept,the whole
    village would be clean.
    edited November -1
    Good moanin to yah.Remembering your post from yesterday asking where is everybody. Just thought I`d be the first to say have a lousy...I mean great day. It`s 4:30 and I`m up and ready for work.TGIF!
    edited November -1
    Here is Moe after all the surgery and meds to the ear. It is still folded over a bit but no more pain for her. Thanks for all the help.

100_1559.jpg
    edited November -1
    Beth,

What's the latest on Jim? What specifically do I need to pray for?

How you doin'!
    wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif

bumpersticker.gif

If the Army and the Navy
    Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
    They will find the streets are guarded by
    UNITED STATES MARINES!
    edited November -1
    I have recently notice that you seem to be getting kinda testy with respect to things that previously would slide off your back.

Is something wrong ??

Doug
    edited November -1
    What's the secret to mastering the 14th hole on MIni-Putt? It's the only hole that can cost me up to 10 strokes. All the rest I have down to one or two strokes.

BE QUICK - BE DEADLY!!!