In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A/C Climate Control Problem

walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
edited April 2007 in General Discussion
Have a GM car with climate control that works when it wants to.
I took it to the GM dealer and they did a diagnostic test on it but the climate control decided to work that day so they could not find the problem. They asked me if I wanted to take a chance and put in a new A/C control relay. I said what the hell put it in, the bill was 124.88 and still I have the same problem.
When this problem occurs the A/C and the Heater does not work.
Everything is normal on the dash, but no fan, no heat, no a/c
I'm thinking it's one of the sensors but like everybody else I'm guessing.
I was wondering if anyone had a problem like this and could steer me in the right direction...... Thanks walllie

Comments

• Options
    slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    We had a similar problem with the '03 expedition and it turned out to be the plug that connected the climate control unit to the car. I pulled the faceplacet out, removed the harness plug, coated the leads with dielectric grease and haven't had the problem since.
  • Options
    mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    as said , try all the connections are clean & well attached,that are asociated with the heater etc, if its intermittant...thats your problem...its just finding it, so check them all !! good luck...[;)]
  • Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i had a similar issue (although mine is an import) but my temperature sensor was disconnected...only took them 3x to find the issue [xx(][xx(][;)]
  • Options
    bamafanbamafan Member Posts: 4,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a similar incident with my S-10. My problem turned out to be a connection on the back of the fan motor under the hood. Sounds like this may be your case. Hope this helps.