In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dick's

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
Well the new store opened went in to check it out. Just a high priced Wally World.

Not even sure if they had pistol ammo. Know they do not sell pistols. They had their ammo behind the counter down where you could not see it. So you would have to ask for it. Hate that tired of the "sorry we don't have that anything else".

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Nov 8th is the Grand opening for our new store.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sporting Goods

I had two rifles come in the store today with scopes mounted, or should I say perched on top of two separate rifles. The first was a Winchester 94 with a side mount. The scope was actually mounted backwards and the crosshairs were like this X. The second one was a Stainless Browning A-bolt Stalker in .300 WSM. The scope was mounted 45 degrees clockwise too far and the rings were reversed with only one screw per base. I took it all off and started over. I put him a one piece Leupold base and a set of low rings and then mounted the Nikon Pro-staff on it. The customer was infuriated about his rifle and didn't like it when I charged him to do all of that. Then he tried to trade me the rings for the Leupold stuff. No way.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Press Room

Corporate Information
    Press Information

Media Statements

We at DICK?S Sporting Goods are deeply disturbed and saddened by the tragic events in Parkland. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the victims and their loved ones.

But thoughts and prayers are not enough.

We have tremendous respect and admiration for the students organizing and making their voices heard regarding gun violence in schools and elsewhere in our country.

We have heard you. The nation has heard you.

We support and respect the Second Amendment, and we recognize and appreciate that the vast majority of gun owners in this country are responsible, law-abiding citizens. But we have to help solve the problem that?s in front of us. Gun violence is an epidemic that?s taking the lives of too many people, including the brightest hope for the future of America ? our kids.

Following all of the rules and laws, we sold a shotgun to the Parkland shooter in November of 2017. It was not the gun, nor type of gun, he used in the shooting. But it could have been.

Clearly this indicates on so many levels that the systems in place are not effective to protect our kids and our citizens.

We believe it?s time to do something about it.

Beginning today, DICK?S Sporting Goods is committed to the following:

We will no longer sell assault-style rifles, also referred to as modern sporting rifles. We had already removed them from all DICK?S stores after the Sandy Hook massacre, but we will now remove them from sale at all 35 Field & Stream stores.
    We will no longer sell firearms to anyone under 21 years of age.
    We will no longer sell high capacity magazines.
    We never have and never will sell bump stocks that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire more rapidly.

At the same time, we implore our elected officials to enact common sense gun reform and pass the following regulations:

Ban assault-style firearms
    Raise the minimum age to purchase firearms to 21
    Ban high capacity magazines and bump stocks
    Require universal background checks that include relevant mental health information and previous interactions with the law
    Ensure a complete universal database of those banned from buying firearms
    Close the private sale and gun show loophole that waives the necessity of background checks

We hope others join us in this effort to let our kids know that their pleas are being taken seriously.

Some will say these steps can?t guarantee tragedies like Parkland will never happen again. They may be correct ? but if common sense reform is enacted and even one life is saved, it will have been worth it.

We deeply believe that this country?s most precious gift is our children. They are our future. We must keep them safe.

Sincerely,

Edward W. Stack
    Chairman & CEO
    DICK?S Sporting Goods

Press Information
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So how has their Business been. Was over by the local one today at the Wal-Mart next Door. I had to park in the Dick's Parking lot cause Wal-Mart was full. They had about 6 cars in their lot with my truck parked there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sign.

logo.gif

Know that is their colors from all their stores. but think people will think here they are playing on the Duck and their colors and name.

Story.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know there has been a number of posts about them stopping selling AR's. So you think this could have been so they could sell them later at a higher price say on gun broker
  • Options
    VirgilCaineVirgilCaine Member Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't go to any of the box stores anymore.

I have a local shop that I frequent. We talk shooting, politics and BS. Both he and his wife shoot and hunt. The big plus is that he will let you test fire stuff at the 500 yard range right out the back window of the shop.[:D] Life is good!!
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,661 ******
    edited November -1
    Oops, I thought this was going to be a poll.....[}:)]