In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

mrmike

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Did you manage to escape the hospital with a short stay or are they holding you for a longer period?

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    I understand where she is coming from and i know what you are feeling. You are happy to be doing something good for someone who really needs it.

However she knows you need as much rest as you can get. What is coming next is nothing like you have seen before.

When i got to my rough patch my wife would not let ANYBODY except my family visit me. She would make my Grand Kids clean up as best s she could get them. I had 2 now i have 5 lol.

When she sees you doing other things she is probably wishing you would rest or spend your time with her. Remember she is going through this as much as you. I think my wife went through more than i did. I slept most of the time while she was taking care of me. She would hook me up to a machine so i could eat while i was sleeping.

Please keep us posted.

Prayers David
    edited November -1
    All the advice i have now is just 3 things.

1. Rest Rest Rest. You are going to get weaker and weaker and weaker.
    I hope i am wrong.
    2. Stay on top of your pain management. When you get behind its like
    bills when you get behind it is hard to catch up.
    3. Stay on top of your nausea meds i threw up so much my wife gave them
    to me every 2 hours. Whether i was sick or not.

Number 4 i just made up. Try and take your girlfriend somewhere if you can get some strength up. If not just hold her and say thank you and i love you.

Prayers asked from here. Again....
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info on DELRAN never heard of it. I'm in Cape May. Will be checking it out sometime this summer. I'll let you know when I'm coming up.

Respect those who protect us now just as you would those who died for us in the past.
    edited November -1
    The websites you posted are not working.I'd like to see what yall got.

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Mike, haven't seen you post in a few days. How're ya doing?
    edited November -1
    I have been informed and entertained and saddened by your posts for awhile. IT HAS OCCURED TO ME, THAT NO MATTER WHAT, YOU HAVE BEATEN THE CANCER THAT ATTACKED YOU. You have remained your true self, altruistic and an inviting and personable man, no matter how bad the circumstance. Cancer may have attacked but, you have stood above the difficulties to keep doing exactly what you do, giving hope, inspiration and information to those lucky enough to hear you. I would only hope I could be a courageous as you in similar circumstance. Thank you
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes I was in poor shape at the time - sorry to have left you hanging...

You have mail - thanks for paying it forward and keeping me up to date.

Mike
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jim,

Package arrived on time and in good shape.

The cell phone case far exceeds expectations and looks to be robust and well made.

Reiko branded full size smart phone belt case with oversized spring steel belt clip on the back - web gear style 2 piece plastic clip on the front.

Tasteful woodlands camo motif with reinforced borders - an integral stylus loop - it's a somewhat snug fit but has elastic side strips for expansion within certain limits.

Should be ideal for outdoor activities - range duty / animal hikes / range days / hunting / metal detection excursion / etc.

I recommend that interested members google search the brand

Once again thanks for your philanthropy and for paying it forward and continuing the GB/GD forum tradition of give aways

I salute you Sir.

Mike
    edited November -1
    The down side:
    If you drop it in the woods, you may never find it.