In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Abort73 has gone TOO far...

JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Ok, saw this bumper sticker today that really set my a*s on fire. It reads "Would it bother us more if they used guns"? Abort73.com.

Does this bother anyone else? I just think they need to stick to their cause and let us stick to ours.

See it here: http://www.abort73.com/HTML/V-C-stickers.html

Comments

• tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I fail to catch the meaning. Am I just dense?? Tom
  • War Pig ActualWar Pig Actual Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These people represent the fringe elements of the anti-abortionists and have no place at the table.
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tccox

What it means: Most of the people that are PRO-choice are ANTI-gun.
    Therefore, if the abortions where performed by Smith&Wesson, they would be outraged. Guns=bad. Killing fetus due to lack of responsibility=just fine.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by War Pig Actual
    These people represent the fringe elements of the anti-abortionists and have no place at the table.

Why would that be?
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I get upset when they kill innocent people to prevent killing innocent people.. How does blowing up an abortion clinic help the cause? or even make sense
    The law is....if you want a differnent outcome then you have to change the law.
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Advanced Member

USA
    12394 Posts
    Posted - 05/26/2009 : 12:27:39 PM

quote:
    Originally posted by War Pig Actual

Why would that be?

Because extreme elements of any issue cannot be reasoned with.
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WPA, on many issues I'm with you all the way about someone too extreme. I guess if we make this question about the toddler three houses down from us, and we have a chance to save his/her life by doing some action, at what point have we become too extreme? I would say that if we are trying to save a childs life, perhaps there is no way to be too extreme. So if you believe as I do that an unborn baby is just that, a baby, at what point have we become too extreme in any type of nonviolent protest? If you go into a burning house to save a baby/child, you drop the baby out the window to someone below saving their life but you perish in the fire, that's pretty extreme. They will call you a hero.
    edited November -1
    I am totally against abortion, but to use guns to make a point is beyond reason to me. I think the facts about the process alone are reason enough to outlaw it, why would they entangle firearms into this? It conjures up negative imagery to somehow equate abortion with use of firearms. To me these are the people who would turn a blind eye to the clinic bombings and the shooting of doctors. That is terrorism and I make no distinction between those elements and AL Queda left or right.
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by callcameron

Therefore, if the abortions where performed by Smith&Wesson, they would be outraged. Guns=bad. Killing fetus due to lack of responsibility=just fine.

guns-sticker.gif

Sorry but you missed the mark completely.

Basically they are trying to get the point across that guns have killed many innocent people while being regulated more everyday and yet millions of innocent children are murdered legally by abortion and everyone sits back and lets it happen.
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've always prefered this bumper sticker.

BE A HERO, SAVE A WHALE
    SAVE A BABY, GO TO JAIL
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never heard of them.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

The two extremes are all there is on the abortion issue. There is no middle ground. We either allow the babies to be killed or we don't. Nobody seems to be interested in just roughing them up a little, or just breaking an arm or leg. No room for compromise. Just life or death.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1

WHAT![:0]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK

The two extremes are all there is on the abortion issue. There is no middle ground. We either allow the babies to be killed or we don't. Nobody seems to be interested in just roughing them up a little, or just breaking an arm or leg. No room for compromise. Just life or death.

Your exactly right James.
    People like WPA don't realize this. There are only two sides to this issue.
    Pro or Anti.

Sure, I understand his stance on using a firearm to make the point. I can not say I disagree with the group doing it however.
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    The law is....if you want a differnent outcome then you have to change the law.
    What law is that? I think you mean the Supreme Court. It seems the court found something in the constitution that no one else can see. Like when we see "shall not infringe" judges can see that it ACTUALLY says - go ahead!! infringe any way you want.
    edited November -1
    I understand pro and anti. What I don't understand or should I say like, is the tactics both sides use and that no one wants to face the facts: 1. Abortion is a brutal murderous act and 2. Abortions will happen if they are illegal or legal.

Simplistic points of view like only irresponsible behavior leads to abortion like I seen in this thread are just that, simplistic. From simplistic minds that fail to see the whole picture. It like a CIA top secret document where they black out stuff they don't want to discuss with everyone.

Equating abortions to gun violence or usage does not help anti's in the abortion debate, but it does cast another shadow over law-abiding gun owners.
    edited November -1
    I understand pro and anti. What I don't understand or should I say like, is the tactics both sides use and that no one wants to face the facts: 1. Abortion is a brutal murderous act and 2. Abortions will happen if they are illegal or legal.

Simplistic points of view like only irresponsible behavior leads to abortion like I seen in this thread are just that, simplistic. From simplistic minds that fail to see the whole picture. It like a CIA top secret document where they black out stuff they don't want to discuss with everyone.

Equating abortions to gun violence or usage does not help anti's in the abortion debate, but it does cast another shadow over law-abiding gun owners.

BUT, it is NOT the weapon that does the evil, it is the person weilding it.
    Just like an abortion. It is the mother and the doctor, performing evil.

Tools are just that, tools. Does it matter what tool they depict that does the murdering?

You will likely never change the minds of people, who BLAME guns for gun related deaths. Same with the curtain of "poor" and "too young for children", and the list goes on...

I agree, that even if it was illegal to have/perform abortions, people will likely still do it. However, murder is illegal too. Until the gallows are back in full force, people are going to still murder, multiple times.

Isn't ONE murder enough, that a person should give up their own life?
    edited November -1
    I have always found it interesting that the "pro-choice" (read : liberal) crowd is usually against the death penalty and for gun control.

I don't agree with the Pro-life forces that are anti-death penalty, but at least they are consistant with their beleifs.

I guess I am pro death...if you want an abortion, fine, your call.
    Just don't ask me to pay for it (through my tax dollars) unless I'm the one that knocked you up in the 1st place.

And the death penalty should be applied easily and often...rape, kidnapping, homicide by DUI, plus murder and child abuse.

But that's just my cheery outlook on life[:)]
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I'll give a third interpretation and say it doesn't have to do just with proabortion people being considered anti gun or guns having been often used to kill people. I'll say it also has to do with the open and obvious method of killing with a gun as opposed to a secluded, clinical and I suppose sanitary method of accomplishing the same thing via abortion.

I suppose they could have said "Would it bother us more if they used a baseball bat?" but I suspect the first two thoughts regarding the gun symbol have a strong role.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfletcher
    Well, I'll give a third interpretation and say it doesn't have to do just with proabortion people being considered anti gun or guns having been often used to kill people. I'll say it also has to do with the open and obvious method of killing with a gun as opposed to a secluded, clinical and I suppose sanitary method of accomplishing the same thing via abortion.

I suppose they could have said "Would it bother us more if they used a baseball bat?" but I suspect the first two thoughts regarding the gun symbol have a strong role.

Not to knock lumps on you, but IF a 30 something man was strapped to a surgery table, and cut into clean little pieces, for the purpose of KILLING him, is his murder any less of a murder?

They used the gun as a shock value symbol. While those of us that collect/shoot arms may find the picture shedding the wrong light on gun owners. Point is, murder is murder. They are expessing their ideas. Doesn't matter how clean and sanitary the pro choicers want to paint it.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I belive that most people need to focus on running their lives better before looking down their noses and worrying about how other people live.

Let people make their choice, it's not anyone else's business. They can take it up with Jesus when the time comes.

I am against it for me, but for someone else? To each their own.
  • 204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    I consider myself in the middle on this issue. I hate the idea of abortion and wish it never happened. But in some cases such as rape I think its completely the persons call and I have no problem with them having an abortion in those cases. Just for the record I'm against any type of gun control. And you would be hard pressed to find anyone who supports the death penalty any more than I.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thermonuclear
    I belive that most people need to focus on running their lives better before looking down their noses and worrying about how other people live.

Let people make their choice, it's not anyone else's business. They can take it up with Jesus when the time comes.

I am against it for me, but for someone else? To each their own.

LIFE , Liberty, and the persuit of happines (or property like it was intended)

This abortion debate, is about who is deserving OF life. Perhaps IF this debate were about old, decrepid Grandma, and doing away with her, you would feel the same?
    LIFE is life. ALL have the same value. An innocent baby has commited NO crime.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    quote:Originally posted by dfletcher

Not to knock lumps on you, but IF a 30 something man was strapped to a surgery table, and cut into clean little pieces, for the purpose of KILLING him, is his murder any less of a murder?

They used the gun as a shock value symbol. While those of us that collect/shoot arms may find the picture shedding the wrong light on gun owners. Point is, murder is murder. They are expessing their ideas. Doesn't matter how clean and sanitary the pro choicers want to paint it.

No lumps taken, so to speak. I wasn't posting how I view what they do, but that they are making the point that what is done in the operating room is in this instance as violent as what can be done with a gun.
  • thermonuculerthermonuculer Member Posts: 100
    edited November -1
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't get pregnant so I don't have an opinion,but if it's rape or to save her life then the woman should have the right to make whatever choice she wants.
  • Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't like the idea of the bumper stick at all. That is all we need is someone, for their own agenda, to throw gun owners under the bus. Especially, by insinuating gun owners are killers.

Now, for the abortion part I have mixed emotions. When you see children abused and tortured by their parents or by foster parents then you wonder if maybe an abortion would have been more humane.

Imagine a four year old male child who looks two because of the abuse and neglect he has received everyday of his short life. Imagine this child with a rubber band around his BallPark Frank because he wets the bed from the physical and sexual abuse he has also received everyday of his short life. Imagine not one square inch of his body that does not have scars from past abuse or fresh wounds or bruises from current abuse. Now tell me that this child would not have been better served by an abortion.

I can tell you that abortion may stop a beating heart but it also stops a beating.

Again, I am up in the air on the issue. I don't think it should be used as a contraceptive but I think in certain situations it is necessary and should be done even without the mother's consent.

I could give you many more examples from almost 19 years in Law Enforcent but I hope you get the point.

Bode
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:I don't like the idea of the bumper stick at all. That is all we need is someone, for their own agenda, to throw gun owners under the bus. Especially, by insinuating gun owners are killers.

You are wrong. All this does is make a point about the double standard of liberals (as if that is any surprise, they are comprised wholly of double standards) and hypocricy that society can achieve when libs use the proper propaganda techniques, something they are expert at.
  • tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Winston Bode

I don't like the idea of the bumper stick at all. That is all we need is someone, for their own agenda, to throw gun owners under the bus. Especially, by insinuating gun owners are killers.

Now, for the abortion part I have mixed emotions. When you see children abused and tortured by their parents or by foster parents then you wonder if maybe an abortion would have been more humane.

Imagine a four year old male child who looks two because of the abuse and neglect he has received everyday of his short life. Imagine this child with a rubber band around his BallPark Frank because he wets the bed from the physical and sexual abuse he has also received everyday of his short life. Imagine not one square inch of his body that does not have scars from past abuse or fresh wounds or bruises from current abuse. Now tell me that this child would not have been better served by an abortion.

I can tell you that abortion may stop a beating heart but it also stops a beating.

Again, I am up in the air on the issue. I don't think it should be used as a contraceptive but I think in certain situations it is necessary and should be done even without the mother's consent.

I could give you many more examples from almost 19 years in Law Enforcent but I hope you get the point.

Bode
    Right! Next time I see an abused woman, I'll shoot her and put her out of her misery.quote:I can tell you that abortion may stop a beating heart but it also stops a beating.You got to be kidding!

"almost 19 years in Law Enforcent..." Doing what? Washing cruisers? Janitor?
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LesWVa
    quote:Originally posted by callcameron

guns-sticker.gif

Sorry but you missed the mark completely.

Basically they are trying to get the point across that guns have killed many innocent people while being regulated more everyday and yet millions of innocent children are murdered legally by abortion and everyone sits back and lets it happen.

Didn't think about it that way. Either way, they are not putting themselves in a good boat. They are alienating themselves from a large group that would otherwise support their cause.
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea it is funny.

A woman can enter an abortion clinic have the baby she is carrying killed and dumped into a garbage bin and the doctor can go home and sleep at night.

A woman entering an abortion clinic can be shot causing her to lose her baby and the shooter will be charged with murder of a fetus.
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    My take is that it's a slam on those anti-gunners who approve killing with knives and sucking brains out with tubes, but who pretend to be horrified if a gun is even owned by somebody.
  • River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    I don't have a problem with the bumper sticker. It was not a slam on guns or gun-owners. It was a slam on killing unborn children. I agree with their sentiment, and it did not strike me as "fringey."