In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1 down and 1 to go...

53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
It has been a battle this year, first with bluebirds, (I let them have their way), but they just wanted a vantage point for dive bombing insects in yard. That 'point' was the top of the martin house. But they kept martin scouts away early on.
After a while blue birds left and settled on their own house and power lines.
Then sparrows came and most went, except for one determined couple that finally did establish a nest on opposite side of martin house from where the active martins were.
It has been a noisy and troublesome site however, because the male martins don't want anything to do with them and dive bomb them.
The male sparrow is tenacious though, and has put up a fight for his nesting hole.
Well, this morning I got a good shot at the female and took her out. After putting about 3 nice dents in martin house. Ouch.
Male has not yet figured it out and still keeps coming back.
A few more dings and I'll get him. Hope the house holds up.[:D]

Comments

• Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, I had my own little war with Phoebes this year. They build mud and moss nests and one pair was bound and determined to build on the small ledge under our front or back porches. As soon as I'd get the fresh mud cleaned off and a restriction in place they would be back putting up mud in another area and when they got tired of my persistence in front they'd move to the back porch! The war continued front, back, front, back and went on for about a week when I told my wife I was headed to Home Depot to get some wide masking tape to temporarily restrict the ledges on both front and back porches. I added; "if that doesn't stop those little *@&^#*$s my next trip is to Gander Mountain to get some 22 shot cartridges (easier on the house than my Model 12) and take them out.

The tape did the trick!!!!!!!!!!!!! [^]

Good luck, nail the little sucker!!!! [}:)]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!