In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AK fans...first Rusky Rifle...ZOMBIE KILLER!!!

RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
edited July 2007 in General Discussion
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=76585523

This is the exact same one I purchased--but I found mine locally. Paid just a wee bit more but with shipping and dealer transfer fees figured, I probably got it close to the same price.

Anyone wanna offer some pointers? Dos/don'ts? [?][:I]

I'm totally new to this sort of weaponry--have a Mini 14 as my only other "fighting" long gun. But I figure with them zombies circling, I couldn't wait much any longer. With that in mind, I've also purchased EIGHT more 30rd Yugo mags. That makes 10 altogether--300 rounds; 300 head-shots; 300 dead(er) zombies.[:p]

Comments

• tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thats a good one. I think it is a good value and choice in AKs
    have fun!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I believe the price is too high!
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Does=Buy More Ammo
    Don'ts=Don't Starve your AK
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    Does=Buy More Ammo

On that note: http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=256972
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    Looks expensive, I've seen'em cheaper.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    Does=Buy More Ammo
    I've got well over 10000 rounds of ammo for my AK!

Is that enuff ?[;)][:D][:o)]
    edited November -1
    that is a fair proce for a yugo m70
    they go for $550 here
  • nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a good choice. Glad to see someone else preparing for the inevitable. Hopefully, ram and I will be the new emperors of the post-necrotic world.[:D][:D][:D]

BTW, where did you get your mags and for how much? Need to get 1 or more new ones for my AK.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the comments regarding the price being too high. I'll put it back in the box and rush back to the dealer and explain to him what y'all said. I KNOW he'll be quick to refund anything over whatever y'all think I shoulda paid. [:p][:D][:0]

Or I was obviously okay with the price or I wouldn't have bought it. [^]

Oh well...we can't all be Donald Trump when it comes to making great deals, I suppose.[:(]
    edited November -1
    You did not pay too much, the yugos are nicer, and prices are rising

After Z-day, I am glad a few GBers will be around to split up North Anerica with me
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nemesisenforcer
    Looks like a good choice. Glad to see someone else preparing for the inevitable. Hopefully, ram and I will be the new emperors of the post-necrotic world.[:D][:D][:D]

BTW, where did you get your mags and for how much? Need to get 1 or more new ones for my AK.

YOU can be the emperor--I'll be your Body Guard! That way, while you're doing emperor things, I can be shooting zombies--or whatever else threatens your emperorness. [:p][:0]

Re: the mags...http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=75973226
  • dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsavo303
    You did not pay too much, the yugos are nicer, and prices are rising +1 I bought my Yugo underfolder about 8 months ago, paid $525 w/1 30rd mag.

At the time AIM and SOG had them listed for $429 + $20 shipping and another $30 for transfer (what my dealer charges). I opted to buy from my dealer since he had them in stock, knowing I'd pay more.

As I see it, its not always about saving a few bucks.

Sometimes its best to support your local brick and mortar gunshop.
  • Dakota308Dakota308 Member Posts: 4,162
    edited November -1
    you can tpossibly believe every shot is going to be a head shot right[:D]

its an AK its awsome but not acurate but still awsome[:D]

my truck plates 762x39 thats how awsome i think they are
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    I bought mine a few months ago for much less, I've been watching them go up in price every since!!! Along with the ammo!!!

They are nice guns, I have had no problems with mine and am very satisfied. I do want to swap out the plastic forearm for a wooden one thou!!!
  • Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pabooger
    I bought mine a few months ago for much less, I've been watching them go up in price every since!!! Along with the ammo!!!

They are nice guns, I have had no problems with mine and am very satisfied. I do want to swap out the plastic forearm for a wooden one thou!!!

Dont...its better than wood and your not going to melt it off or anything...