In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

If you haven't had your dog "fixed" do it!!!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
I never really worried over having my dogs fixed because they are kept up and not around other dogs. I never ever thought it would become an issue.

My Purdy is 9 years old. She is blind in one eye and going blind in the other....she is the BEST little dog on the planet and is having problems because we didn't have her fixed earlier.

She is going in Monday to be operated on. If only I had done this YEARS ago...she wouldn't be dealing with these problems and I wouldn't have to keep her pinned up in the kitchen for an entire weekend.

I'm having to keep her put up because she has a "discharge" coming from her lady parts....its nasty. I'm told there is some pain with what is going on (she never gave a clue that there was anything wrong.) It came on suddenly and now we are having to do something that we should have before she was this old.

I feel like a bad mother. Everyone that has pets....get them fixed!!! This is NOT something you want to happen to your elderly loved ones.
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We did not have Hobbes "fixed" because we had planned to breed her at some point. She got ill while we were on vacation and the neighbor watching her had to take her to the vet. That was expensive.... She was a great dog though. Hope our next is as good.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am so sorry to hear about your sweetie getting sick...especially while you guys were away. That had to be rough to come home to.

I was shocked when Purdy started going blind. I thought she would be a "puppy" all her life!!! Watching her suffer is hard. She is whimperring in the kitchen right now.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hobbes was awesome, when we brought our first baby home from the hospital, she sat by the crib and watched her. Any time the baby cried she would come and get us. Did the same for M as well. Those girls were her babies too.

Bout time to get another.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    My sis had her dog cut then spent the money for fake balls,
    something about the dog having a complex.

some people

http://www.neuticles.com/

It's a dog.

I've got 5 bucks says your sister voted for Obama.
  • Options
    _bruno__bruno_ Member Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    My sis had her dog cut then spent the money for fake balls,
    something about the dog having a complex.

some people

http://www.neuticles.com/

It's a dog.

I've got 5 bucks says your sister voted for Obama.

WOW. Now I've seen it all. That's nuts! punn intended[:D]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,379 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    All of our pets get fixed.
  • Options
    A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    A man won't cut his best friends nads off.
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    I am curious as to the veterinary aspect of the illness. How does not having the dog fixed cause blindness?

Poor dog...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady
    I am curious as to the veterinary aspect of the illness. How does not having the dog fixed cause blindness?

Poor dog...

The two have nothing to do with each other...... She is going blind...has ear infections because of her breed....she has lost a little weight, but still a little chubby...and she can no longer jump up onto the couch or bed like she once could. We just should have had her fixed when she was younger. Now that she is older and not a "spring chicken" to have her fixed seems a little unreasonable to think about....but she is having problems and it has to be done.
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    I see, thanks for the clarification...presenting symptom was the discharge...

I hope this isn't the case with Purdy, but I have read that female un-spayed rabbits, if not bred, usually develop uterine cancer by the time they are 8 years old.
  • Options
    topdadtopdad Member Posts: 3,408 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never thought about fake Nads before.
    If you realy wanted your dog to feel like Da Man,
    get him three fake ones.