In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trolls

FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
edited May 2008 in General Discussion
Several years ago I had several Liberal * follow me from a very Liberal Guitar forum over to Gunboards.com where they began trolling.
Problem for them was I knew who they were. And informed my fellow Gunboards members where their favorite Liberal home forum was.
Then many Gunboards members began posting on THEIR forum. Was actually was blast as it's increadably easy to shoot holes in Liberal rhetoric.
Wasn't long before they were calling for a truce. We'll stay off your website if you'll stay off ours. And it worked. At least in the cases of the trolls I knew about.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I guess these idiots go around posting anti-war stuff to prey on the minds of American service member's families.[:(!]

http://www.theforumzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1799

texasC.gifthumb_Texas-AM.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people.

Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their 'achievement' (as they see it). At the moment, the relative anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish.

Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

Perhaps this sounds inconceivable. You may think, "Surely there is something I can write that will change them." But a true troll can not be changed by mere words.

What to do with Trools
    When you suspect that somebody is a troll, you might try responding with a polite, mild message to see if it's just somebody in a bad mood. Internet users sometimes let their passions get away from them when seated safely behind their keyboard. If you ignore their bluster and respond in a pleasant manner, they usually calm down.

However, if the person persists in being beastly, and seems to enjoy being unpleasant, the only effective position is summed up as follows:

The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to reminding others not to respond to trolls.

When you try to reason with a troll, he wins. When you insult a troll, he wins. When you scream at a troll, he wins. The only thing that trolls can't handle is being ignored.

50santa.gif
    Merry Christmas to ALL
    Grumpy Old Man
    I Refuse to be a Victim

Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of All Those that Threaten it
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For the mindless cranks, The trolls that patrol forums, bullying & having nothing better to do with there time than try influence or cause an argument with there mindless jealousy or in there drug injuced trip , to start a witch hunt !!

Personally , i think that they should be banned from any sport involving a firearm, to keep our sport respectful& safe [^]

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16245551
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i am new member to this site i have noticed that many of you refer to bad people as trolls. i happen to live in michigan the state is made up fo two peninsulas joined by a bridge the people who live up north or obove the bridge think that everyone who lives down south or below the bridge is a troll. only a troll would live below the bridge. i am a 6 year veteran , a member of the N.R.A. .and a gun collector. i am also a troll so quit useing that name in such a disparageing and slanderus way . please come up with another term to define the slime you don't agree with. "otherwise it may cost you extra to cross my bridge."[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We are not the only forum that gets hit with them. Since this place is slowing down and I found a good HD forum been hanging out there.

Found this on a topic asking where to get a good price on tires.

quote:This is an important part of your life. Get enough sleep in the daytime so you are fresh for your nocturnal games. Below are listed several favourite cat games that you can play. It is important though to maintain one's Dignity at all times. Shoes gray-Vibram Five Fingers SprintShoes Grey / Orange-Vibram Five Fingers SprintShoes navy - camo-Vibram Five Fingers SprintIf you should have an accident during play, such as falling off a chair, immediately wash a part of your body as if to say "I MEANT to do that!" It fools those humans every time.5.1 Gamesa) "Catch Mouse". The humans would have you believe that those lumps under the covers are their feet and hands. They are lying. They are actually Bed Mice, rumoured to be the most delicious of all the mice in the world, though no cat has ever been able to catch one. Rumour also has it that only the most ferocious attack can stun them long enough for you to dive under the covers to get them. Maybe YOU can be the first to taste the Bed Mouse!
    edited November -1
    Sadly, I think the trolling we've been experiencing may be in response to a few of our members going to another website with the intent of wreaking havoc. Sadly, those that did, glefully admitted it here.

I sincerely hope this is not the case, but the coincidence is pretty tight.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Liberalism is a mental disorder

funny-pictures127.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, there IS a difference in trolling and posting a different point of view.
    In my case, I'm a conservative musician. But most musician forums are EXTREMELY Liberal. I had a reason to be there beyond disagreeing w/thier points of view.
    But it is helpful to realize that the supposedly peace loving Liberals are VERY agressive in trying to sabotage any other point of view.
    And I eventually learned that these idiots are brainwashed anyway. One can PROVE them wrong today, and next week they'll be spouting the SAME BS. Best just to let them have their pity-party and stay on forums w/like minded people. You've accomplised nothing when you've bested these fools.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink
    Sadly, I think the trolling we've been experiencing may be in response to a few of our members going to another website with the intent of wreaking havoc. Sadly, those that did, glefully admitted it here.

I sincerely hope this is not the case, but the coincidence is pretty tight.
    X-ring